Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-23-2005, 09:56 AM   #1
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice
Default Jason Williams + 19th pick in the draft?

From Link:

"Might the Grizzlies, who are desperate for change after being swept by the Suns in the first round of the playoffs, be willing to give away their draft pick to a team that agrees to take on their chief chemistry problem, PG Jason Williams? The Grizzlies would be happy to part with the 19th pick if it can be packaged with Williams and the remaining three years and $25 million on his contract."

Textbook case of a discontent/misunderstood player who could thrive in Dallas?
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE:Jason Williams + 19th pick in the draft?

the guy is a headcase for sure, but everything i've seen from him indicates he just wants to win. he would be a great player to plug into our system, and i think we would grow to really love his game.

i don't know what the grizz would want, but the only trade that makes any sense at all for the mavs would have to be some kind of pg for pg swap. either that or a daniels for williams trade straight up. you can then swing terry over as a 2 guard coming off the bench.

i've been a big fan of williams and he has amazing court vision.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Jason Williams + 19th pick in the draft?

If, and I do mean a big IF Avery could get this guy to distribute, and be part of the "system". He and Harris could be the answer at PG for the future. I am not sure he has the Basketball IQ to do it though. Talent is as good as Kidd, vision is about as good as well, but the head, I question.

I would rather have Watson, who is a much safer guy, but with half the upside.

I would really have to think about it, if they would offer Williams, Swift (resigned 4 years) + 19th for Daniels, TAW, + Bradley.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Terry for Williams works straight up. Although I'm not sure that's enough for Memphis to do it.

I can't work one with Daniels without making it a bigger trade.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Avery was just on with Norm and said that he would not get rid of Terry due to all that they poured into him during this season, and says that he will only get better. An I kind of agree with Avery. Terry has never been coached in the NBA. Atlanta has taught him nothing. He will be even better next year. We need a good 2 guard that can handle and pass, not a new pg. But that is just my opinion.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:03 PM   #6
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

The only way I do that Memphis deal is if we can find a taker for JWill before the season starts. The guy is a cancer on Memphis and doesn't want to or know how to play D and never met a turnover he didn't like. If we could somehow ship him to Charlotte, Cleve, or any place east for any serviceable player then I do the deal for the pick alone.
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The only point guard Memphis has that I'd be interested in is Earl Watson. I suppose if the deal included us getting someone else off their roster like Battier or Swift for a good price I'd look into it.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:33 PM   #8
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I just don't like Jason Williams. No doubt he is flashy, but I just don't like how he conducts himself on or off the court. He comes across as a bit thuggish. I may be wrong, but I'd rather that they pass on this if my opinion mattered to the Mavs.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:30 PM   #9
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

God no Williams makes horrible decisions! Stay the course with Devin Harris, he will lead the league in steals 05-06 mark my words!
Old 05-23-2005, 04:13 PM   #10
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

imo, jwill would be a nice addition because of his playmaking skills. it would be even nicer if aj got through to him and jwill understands his role on the team (not a 1st or second option)
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 04:19 PM   #11
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
imo, jwill would be a nice addition because of his playmaking skills. it would be even nicer if aj got through to him and jwill understands his role on the team (not a 1st or second option)
Williams is at his best as a passer, but I agree with bird, he just makes some silly decisions for the sake of making a "good-looking" pass.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:21 PM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

He really is a very bad defender.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:26 PM   #13
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
He really is a very bad defender.
Then he further exacerbates it by turning the ball over on offense.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:29 PM   #14
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

3.2 TO's per 48 is pretty respectable for a point, especially when you're also dishing 9.8 assists in that span. Poor defense, and jacking up shots when he has no business doing so are my main problems with him
Old 05-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

just say no to White Coco.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 04:33 PM   #16
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
3.2 TO's per 48 is pretty respectable for a point, especially when you're also dishing 9.8 assists in that span. Poor defense, and jacking up shots when he has no business doing so are my main problems with him
True, but really it is his overall decision-making that is suspect which includes bad-passess and poor shot selection.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:41 PM   #17
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

I only want Williams if he is packaged with Swift. Williams/Swift/#19 for KVH/Benga/3mil. I'm sure they would want more for Swift but we can start there.

Stressboy

Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:38 PM   #18
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

I have a good solution that would work.

KVH/(DJ or Pavel)/Cash for J-will/Lorenzen Wright/19th pick
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:57 AM   #19
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

you ain't tradin nothin, HOME BOY

Old 05-26-2005, 01:22 PM   #20
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

don't need an eminem wannabe unless Swift is included in the deal.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 PM   #21
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

why is everyone so high on swift? for a team that already lacks basketball IQ, adding swift to our team would be the equivlanet of adding him to MENSA.

he is already brain dead as it is.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:40 PM   #22
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

^^^
Because he's one of the better available free agents given what the team's needs are. Obviously you'd much rather have a guy like Tyson Chandler or something, but Swift is at least not completely unrealistic.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:45 PM   #23
Mavs4skin

Mavs4skin is on a distinguished road

J-Will would be great in Dallas.
Mavs4skin is offline   Reply With Quote