Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Exclamation Peja?

Don't get me wrong, my first choice would be pierce, and I'm only posting this because I'm tired of the Dirk for KG dialogue. I'm proposing this trade as a way to move JET to the 6th man role because I now believe Stack is history. I'm also not convinced Quisy is a top tier player like his promise showed in 02-03. Stackhouse, we can't keep this guy around if were only getting 40 games a year out of him.

I'm only posting this for the sake of discussion, because I'm not totally convinced Sac is ready to give up on Peja. However, if they did do a deal like this...picking up KVH's huge expiring contract, it might help them since they should be going to go big time into rebuilding this off season. Would the Mavs really be able to bring in the likes of a LeBron in the off season with the money freed up from JET and KVH? If not then this may be a plausable way to win now without blowing up the whole youth movement in the process?

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes

Brian Skinner
6-9 PF from Baylor
2.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.3 minutes
Incoming

Keith Van Horn
6-10 SF from Utah
12.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 23.6 minutes

Marquis Daniels
6-6 SG from Auburn
9.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.5 minutes

DJ Ilunga-Mbenga
7-0 C from Congo (Foreign)
1.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 3.9 minutes
Change in team outlook: -10.6 ppg, -2.0 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Keith Van Horn
6-10 SF from Utah
12.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 23.6 minutes

Marquis Daniels
6-6 SG from Auburn
9.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.5 minutes

DJ Ilunga-Mbenga
7-0 C from Congo (Foreign)
1.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 3.9 minutes
Incoming

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes

Brian Skinner
6-9 PF from Baylor
2.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.3 minutes
Change in team outlook: +10.6 ppg, +2.0 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

[u]deep enough to beat SA?[/]
Stojakovic/Stackhouse/Griffin/Marshall
Harris/Jet/Armstrong
Howard/Williamson/Griffin
Nowitzki/Skinner/Powell
Damp/Diop/Skinner

Successful Scenario
Due to Sacramento and Dallas being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Dallas had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 12-04-2005 at 11:24 AM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2005, 01:40 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

sacramento does this never.

never ever.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #3
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Even if Kings do it...come on Quis and KVH..and whoever else u named

Quis is a very good player and i think he will just get bettr...I would not trade him for Stojakovic..i think he can b a better player then Stojakovic.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 12-04-2005 at 01:44 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Sac doesn't do this. For the Mavs, it would almost be a no-brainer if an extension with Peja was worked out.

Terry, Howard, Peja, Dirk, and Damp/Diop with an inside threat of Williamson coming off the bench, along with Harris and Stack would cover all the needed offense.

And you would be seeing Terry, Howard, Peja, Stack, and Dirk at the end of games. Who would you come off of to double? ? ?
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #5
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

mavs dont do it
Old 12-10-2005, 12:30 AM   #6
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

if you took skinner out of the trade and put in Kenny Thomas I would do it. The kings will get desprate with peja and he will go for a bargin price. I love peja and think he would be great on this team but try to get as much as you can or let the trade walk
Old 12-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

any trade for any legit player we'd want starts with howard. trying to get peja/artest/pierce without giving up howard and some combo of stackhouse/daniels/terry is just wishful thinking.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:42 AM   #8
snoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
any trade for any legit player we'd want starts with howard. trying to get peja/artest/pierce without giving up howard and some combo of stackhouse/daniels/terry is just wishful thinking.
I agree with you.

Unless a team is trying to get a player who has show flashes to be a very good scorer like Al Harrington a couple years ago with indiana.

But there are better prospect out there than quis