Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Question Mavs not happy with Terry

On ESPN today Rick reported that Johnson is not happy with Terry running the point.
He said that the Mavs might be lookin to move Terry and if they dont that it doesnt look like they will re sign him this summer.

I really like Terry and hope we re sign him.
And if we do move him what can we get back. I would thin that we will be looking for another point guard becasue as good as Harris has been i dont think he will be ready to lead us throughout the playoffs.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF? This is counter to everything I have read to date. Do you have a link?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

No i was just listenin to him on ESPN Coast to Coast and i was vey shocked too because i thought that Terry was doing good and that we would keep him.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 01-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't see anything on ESPN.com or insider. That is odd. Maybe this guy pulled that one oout of his butt?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Maybe idk. they started the conversation by saying how dallas is tied with SA for best record in the West and then one of ythem asked Rick about Terry situation and Rick went on to say that.

........GO MAVS
Old 01-24-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it on ESPN Coast to Coast as well

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

This is coming from Ric Bucher, who knows about as much about the Mavericks as I do about Mongolian politics.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Well i hope its not true.But even if its a rumor it could effect the team in a negative way.

........GO MAVS
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 PM   #9
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

fab·ri·cate (fbr-kt)
tr.v. fab·ri·cat·ed, fab·ri·cat·ing, fab·ri·cates

1. To make; create.
2. To construct by combining or assembling diverse, typically standardized parts: fabricate small boats.
3. To concoct in order to deceive: fabricated an excuse.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #10
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I hope this is true. Avery must realize that Terry is our worst defender and if he's gonna harp on everyone about their defense, Terry needs to get it more than anyone. Our team wouldn't hurt by better defense from the PG spot. Terry is a nice person and player, but other than that, I'm not a huge fan. I don't know who we could get for him, but guys like Brevin Knight, Mike James and Sam Cassell could do the job Terry is doing just as good or better.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Defense was a point that bucher(sp?) was making.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:23 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If he isn't resigned I just want a shooter unless somehow daniels/josh develop into one, but I seriously doubt it.

And devin has shown me nothing from outside this year. What is it with that little leg kick at the end of his jumpshot anyway? Has he always done that, I've never recalled anyone doing that who was consistent.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:03 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, Terry doesn't bring anything to the Mavs that Mike Finley didn't--and to some he may bring less.

We all know how quickly Finley was shown the door. These comments do not surprise me. Yes, I do value Terry's clutch long-distance shooting. But the guy doesn't get to the basket and he doesn't play defense. That ain't how Avery draws it up.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:09 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

this is pure bunk until proven otherwise....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:38 AM   #15
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglemann
I hope this is true. Avery must realize that Terry is our worst defender and if he's gonna harp on everyone about their defense, Terry needs to get it more than anyone. Our team wouldn't hurt by better defense from the PG spot. Terry is a nice person and player, but other than that, I'm not a huge fan. I don't know who we could get for him, but guys like Brevin Knight, Mike James and Sam Cassell could do the job Terry is doing just as good or better.
You want to ruin this team? Terry is our 3rd best player. You don't know anything about basketball!!! Dallas would get killed by zone defense if we lose Terry.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:25 AM   #16
bonitaapplebum

bonitaapplebum is on a distinguished road

I know that I am pretty new here, but I know enough to say that anyone who mentions defense in the first part of their post and Sam Cassell in the second should re-read a little . . .
I am chiming in here because this thread goes straight to something I have thought about a lot lately: We have 2 6th men on the roster. Stack and Jet both serve the same purpose--they are best served victimizing others' benches and play defense that any opposing guard or forward would be able to victimize (at least, as far as good teams are concerned).
More than KVH/KVB (who I would like to expire so that we return to something closer to financial flexibility--we have to start somewhere), I would like the Mavs to trade Stack or Terry (honestly, take your pick) for a youngish guard who can defend small guys. It would be nice if he could pass. I am at a loss, though, for names; any ideas? I thought Devin was the guy, but he just doesn't impress me with his one-on-one defense.
bonitaapplebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:41 AM   #17
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I'm not surprised that Terry's name came up. It was just a matter of time - whether this is legit or not.

If the Mavs have put him in play, I am convinced that it is only because the trade deadline is a couple of weeks away, and the Mavs are puuting the biggest chip they will part with on the table. If he brings you something you like, you can move him. If not, keep what you have. This is just simple NBA business.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:00 AM   #18
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Terry handles the ball which is huge... if you forgot the Finley days, that was one of our biggest weaknessess IMO

Anyways, I hope we re-sign Jason The Jet Terry to around 6-7 mill a year.

Contact Me
Old 01-25-2006, 03:04 AM   #19
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

I trust AJ. If he's got problems with Terry running the point, then I agree with him. We all love Terry, but let's not pretend that he's faultless. His defense is a liability to the mavs, as is his lack of playmaking abilities. His best asset (a huge one) is that he can shoot and score. Devin trumps him in all other categories. Benching Damp turned out for the best. Why not try the same with Terry?
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:24 AM   #20
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I love Jet, he almost cost us the Portland game with his hrrible defense, giving up 3 or 4 3 point shots because he couldn't get over a pick at the end of the game. The offense stagnated into bad outside jumps shots as well. 1 soultion is to trade him. Another is to put in Harris, who, while flawed, is getting better on D. When AJ did that, Harris won the game.

When we get Quis back, thats a third option to defend the point. True, none are really good at it, But unless we are guarenteed a point guard who's defence is so strong, its worth sacrificing all Terry brings, I'd veto any trade. Terry brings a lot. Tenacity, excellent, efficient scoring...he's more clutch than Fin has been in years. He's developed a nice, potent 2 man game with Dirk. While he is small when he plays the 2, he can be a nightmare for big 2's to cover.

Brevin Knight and Mike James are putting up nice numbers this year, but both are career backups mainly on mediocre teams. I'm just not sure the upside justifies the disruption. I say give Devin 33 minutes at the point, and hold onto our best clutch shooter.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:03 AM   #21
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Terry
You want to ruin this team? Terry is our 3rd best player. You don't know anything about basketball!!! Dallas would get killed by zone defense if we lose Terry.
This is the exact same arguement people held onto for Finley. What will happen with our outside shooting when Finley is gone. My opinion then and now, who cares, we have three point shooters on the team. Josh, Marquis, and Devin will get better, I promise, and Keith and Stack are fine for the random three. Whoever we trade Jet for is going to be an outside shooter in some sort of way. Dirk being the only true outside shooter would be better for the team IMO, let everyone else crash the boards and post up, its all about rebounds, points in the paint, and defense for Avery anyway.

Bonit, in no way am I putting Cassell and defense together, I was only stating that Cassell would be as good or better than what Terry is doing with the team. IMO, he'd be better, he can actually set up teammates and is just as clutch and unstoppable with the shot. His defense is definitly suspect, no doubt, but I would love to see him play backup to Devin next year, I think that would be a perfect combo.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:19 AM   #22
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglemann
This is the exact same arguement people held onto for Finley. What will happen with our outside shooting when Finley is gone. My opinion then and now, who cares, we have three point shooters on the team. Josh, Marquis, and Devin will get better, I promise, and Keith and Stack are fine for the random three. Whoever we trade Jet for is going to be an outside shooter in some sort of way. Dirk being the only true outside shooter would be better for the team IMO, let everyone else crash the boards and post up, its all about rebounds, points in the paint, and defense for Avery anyway.

Bonit, in no way am I putting Cassell and defense together, I was only stating that Cassell would be as good or better than what Terry is doing with the team. IMO, he'd be better, he can actually set up teammates and is just as clutch and unstoppable with the shot. His defense is definitly suspect, no doubt, but I would love to see him play backup to Devin next year, I think that would be a perfect combo.
It's alot about points in the paint but how is it possible to get easy shots in the paint? Have some outside shooters. Finley was crap last year anyway so we didn't miss him much at all. Terry though is much better. Daniels and Howard will never be consistent 3 point shooters. Who knows if Devin will ever be. Terry by himself is the zone killer so in a way he is the second most important offensive player due to changing the way the other team guards them. He makes it easier for Howard and Daniels to work in the paint.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:56 AM   #23
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

this is just espn bla bla ..
the mavs won`t trade him !
Old 01-25-2006, 06:11 AM   #24
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Though a thought of a PG who can actualy deliver the ball and average over 5-6 APG makes me slobber,we can kiss the title good bye if we trade our starting PG this far into the season.
Giving Devin more minutes seems like a good solution in the meantime,while we plan a trade for the offseason.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:39 AM   #25
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Things are far better for the Mavs when Devin Harris runs the point and JET has the green light to take off....

I'd consider trading JET if it meant getting back a PP, and keeping Daniels (if that's even possible)...

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 01-25-2006 at 08:41 AM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:57 AM   #26
alby
Guru

Don't tease me and bring up the PP talks up again lol

Contact Me
Old 01-25-2006, 08:59 AM   #27
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

AJ almost goes out of his way every time point play comes up to praise Terry or at least say he's satisfied, so I dont see this as being based on truth at all.
HexNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:00 AM   #28
alby
Guru

One thing is for certain, Jason Terry is damn clutch.. Last year was his first in the playoffs too, give this guy a chance..

Contact Me
Old 01-25-2006, 09:04 AM   #29
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i dont think this means a move out of dallas for terry. i do think that terry is going to see less and less floor time as the season goes on.

AJ has recognized that harris is the present and future here. hes the best PG we have the roster. hands down.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:56 AM   #30
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

So, we are looking for a good outside shooter, preferably a point guard, that can also play good perimiter defense. . .Well, so are 26+ other teams in the NBA. The rest already have one and unless they are drunk, stupid, or dead, they probably won't trade them for Terry.

I think AJ and Cuban know how critical it is to keep this team together through this year. I can see not resigning him or doing a S/T in the off-season, but this team is winning a lot of games. Changing the starting point guard half-way through a great winning season, no matter his weakness, is stupid.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #31
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

There is no way the Mavs are trading Terry. They are in dire need of guys who can spread the floor, especially at the end of games. The guy is deadly from long range. How many clutch shots has the guy hit? It is up to Avery to recognize his defensive liabilities and stick Devin on the guys Terry can't cover.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:16 PM   #32
alby
Guru

if only damp didnt commit stupid fouls, and just contest the damn shots at the basket...

Contact Me
Old 01-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #33
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

you gotta be kidding me....

Terry > Fin
everyday of the week.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #34
alby
Guru

amen brother

Contact Me
Old 01-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #35
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

At this point in their respective careers the comparison of JT to Fin is really kinda silly. One has a PER of 18.4, the other has a PER of 11.5. I mean, come on. It's not even close at this point. If the comparison is between JT and the Fin of old, and you think the two are comparable, then I don't see what the problem is; I'd be perfectly happy to have either guy in their prime on my team.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #36
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c
At this point in their respective careers the comparison of JT to Fin is really kinda silly. One has a PER of 18.4, the other has a PER of 11.5. I mean, come on. It's not even close at this point. If the comparison is between JT and the Fin of old, and you think the two are comparable, then I don't see what the problem is; I'd be perfectly happy to have either guy in their prime on my team.
Yeah, the problem is that neither Terry nor Finley in his prime could run point effectively for us. I love Terry. I think he can help this team win a championship, even if he's not the starting point. I just want a true point guard out on the floor at all times.

So, the question now is whether it makes sense to pay $60M over 5 years to a killer backup scoring guard when you also have Stackhouse and Danels on the team. And if the Mavericks decide Terry isn't worth it, they need to get what they can for him now. That's the biggest decision the Mavericks have to make this year. Because in my mind the question of whether Terry can be starting point guard has already been answered.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #37
Steel_01

Steel_01 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Give him a chance

Come on. We have got to give this guy a chance. It never fails that as good as this team can do, espn and even us find the negative to dwell on. We are right on the heels of the defending champs, as we have been the entire season and we do not need some negative "rumor" to start poisoning our team.

Terry has impressed me last year and this year. I have to disagree on two things. One, he has been on of the best in driving and taking it the basket when we need a quick 2 or foul to stop the other team's momentum. Second, I love Findog, but Terry has outplayed him last year and this year. At this point in their respective careers, it is foolish to compare the athletic ability and all around game of Finley and Terry.

So, I say let's stop focusing on the one negative aspect of this team and start getting ready for one of the best playoff runs in Mavs history. Terry and his resigning should be revisited in the offseason...That is a good time that I know everyone likes to talk about any little thing, but NOW is not the time!! Let's get this team healthy and improve on our way to the number one seed.
Steel_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:54 PM   #38
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

LOL@Finley always ending up in discussion in the Mavericks section of this site.

Bucher does this every year. It seemed like he always had Finley being traded every year and JET's just the new guy to take the role since Fin's no longer here. He's going to be the one that reporters use to make up trades but I doubt he's going anywhere. But if there are no plans of having him return this year than i'd be looking to deal him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:56 PM   #39
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Not to mention that Terry is the ultimate teammate and team player. Trading him would be a negative for sure.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #40
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

12 million per - where did you get those numbers ape?