Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light
Default A Bit of Advice Please.

Ok, here is the deal. I just got married as most of you know last weekend. Also, me, along with my wife and her father are huge Florida Gator fans. We have season tickets to Florida football games and we went to the baseball World series last year. Now, most of you also know the Gators are in the Final Four. My new father in law has just purchased 2 tickets to the Final Four and Championship game this coming weekend and my wife can only go to the Final Four, not the championship game. I would be able to go to both with my new father in law. Should I enforce my hubandly control and use the, "I need to get close with my new father in law" bit to go to the FInal Four AND championship game, or let my wife go to just the Final Four and leave my father in law all alone at the Championship? Any advise would help. My wife probably would let me go if I really asked her.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #2
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Why don't you all make the trip and your wife go the the first game and then you go to the championship game? That's a tough one. We have season tickets to the Mavs with my dad, and my brother and sis-in-law (so essentially 5 people sharing 2 seats). I am just as big a fan, if not bigger, than my husband. He knows that I get first dibs, otherwise our marriage bed will be closed. (just kidding...or am I?!) Many times though my husband has gone with my dad and they have a great time together. I say do what pleases your wife since you ultimately have to live with her! We women can be brutal when we don't get our way!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Husbandly control?

HA!

Yeah...that's a good strategy.

Just messin with ya...I have no advice really. Just know that there are usually "consequences" to exerting your...ahem...husbandly control Perhaps you should assess those consequences and do a marginal benefit/marginal cost analysis.

Um...can you tell I'm single?? Sorry!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-29-2006 at 11:18 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We women can be brutal when we don't get our way!
So true...

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 03-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #5
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I would do the both go thing but her dad is paying for air fare and it would be too much.
I'll just demand that I go. haha, that should work
Old 03-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You have a lot to learn about marriage young grasshopper.

Husbandly control = lose half your stuff
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:30 AM   #7
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

hahaha, just kidding guys. She is going unless she says otherwise. I am just hoping he gets sick or something. Is that bad?
Old 03-29-2006, 11:31 AM   #8
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I know what I'll do. She absolutely hates flying so I will rent some plane crash movie on Friday and make her watch it.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:34 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
hahaha, just kidding guys. She is going unless she says otherwise. I am just hoping he gets sick or something. Is that bad?

Positive rep for cracking me up this morning.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #11
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Husbandly control = lose half your stuff
I laughed at first, then realized how true this was. It's not as funny anymore.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:25 PM   #12
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Did you know before you married her that she would automaticatlly assume she'd go on such a trip without offering you the option? You married her anyway? You must have it bad for her. It's nice that you know she'd give you the tickets, if you really asked her. It's especially sweet that you're resisting the urge to ask her.

However, I understand what it's like to passionately want to "be there" with your team playing such a big game. You could buy your own plane ticket since he promised to pay for one airfare. It'd be worth the debt even, if it came down to that. Take a GREYHOUND, for G-d sake!

I'm lucky that my husband and I haven't faced such a situation. That would be tough.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #13
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Try dividing up 4 Florida Gator home game tickets between 10 people. That is always fun. We usually get to go to about 2 games.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:40 PM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Could you enroll in a grad program, taking one class at a time, in order to qualify for student tickets? There's no shame in camping out to hold your place in line...

Last edited by Smiles; 03-29-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:43 PM   #15
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

that would be hard seeing I live in Dallas.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Yeah, that makes the camping part hard. Doesn't really gell w/my first post does it?
Old 03-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Wife >>>>>>> Father-in-law always.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

wrong thread.

Last edited by Murphy3; 03-30-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #19
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

yeah, it has been decided, I will not be going to the Final Four. My wife will be going to the Final Four and he sister will be going to the Championship game.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #20
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

well,my wife and father in law just got done watching our Team, the FLORIDA GATORS, beat down on George Mason in Indy. And I am here at home. And of course she has has to call me like every 10 minutes to tell me whats going on, like I can't see it on TV. Now they are happily enjoying the UCLA< LSU game. life sucks sometimes. haha
Old 04-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
well,my wife and father in law just got done watching our Team, the FLORIDA GATORS, beat down on George Mason in Indy. And I am here at home. And of course she has has to call me like every 10 minutes to tell me whats going on, like I can't see it on TV. Now they are happily enjoying the UCLA< LSU game. life sucks sometimes. haha
If I can just find sixeightmkw's wife's email, I've got his tickets next year!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote