Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would the Real Dirk please stand up?

Anyone who agrees that the real number 41 needs to stand up, just reply to this post with Please Stand up.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2006, 12:17 AM   #2
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

he hit two clutch shots.

where the HELL is the "real" Josh Howard? DAMP HIT A FT AND YOU MISSED TWO?!?!? C'mon.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:17 AM   #3
leftfoot

leftfoot is on a distinguished road

Please Stand Up.

Dallas Mavs fan from Austin Texas.
leftfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Dirk hit that big fade away. This one was Josh's fault.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:22 AM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

20 points ain't gonna cut it. Especially with your 6th man out. 8-19 is just not gonna cut it Dirk. I know i'm suppose to be kissing your ass because you are the reason we are here but you are not playing like a Superstar Dirk. This is the 3rd game we've lost this series and coincidentally its your 3rd straight horrible game. Please stand up.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:24 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is getting doubled every time he starts to make a move to the bucket. We're not going to see him get to the rim a ton much more in this series. That's just the way the Heat have decided to play him. Instead of 8-19, I would have loved to have seen 9-18 or so. But, a couple of his shots were desperation attempts as he got the ball with no time left on the shot clock.

Much like the Mavs are making someone else beat them other than Shaq, the Heat are doing that with Dirk. He just needs to hit a decent percentage of his shots when he gets them and make the right passes. He's very unlikely to get an opportunity to score 30-40 points in the final couple of games. It's just the reality of the situation. The Heat are forcing someone else to beat them. Dirk needs to do a better job of being more efficient, but it's likely going to come down to someone else having a big offensive night to go along with Dirk's rather bland offensive numbers.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #7
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

ill tell you what. if refs call the same shit for dirk that they do for wade, we would not be having this discussion...he would have at least 35 a night. refs...please stand up
Old 06-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

What's really disheartening is to see Harris flying 20 feet as he's hammered and not getting the call.. Not Dirk. Dirk wasn't the Mav that was getting hammered tonight.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:28 AM   #9
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

that is true. for tonight maybe. but last game??
Old 06-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see him show that fire on the court instead of throwing the tantrum he did in the tunnel. Instead of shoving a stationary bike up against the wall or kicking the chair into the doorway, kick some ass on the court.

He didn't have a great game tonight but he hit some clutch shots near the end.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:30 AM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk is getting doubled every time he starts to make a move to the bucket.
Boy, I bet Greg Popovich is hitting himself in the crotch for not thinking of that one.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #12
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I'd like to see him show that fire on the court instead of throwing the tantrum he did in the tunnel. Instead of shoving a stationary bike up against the wall or kicking the chair into the doorway, kick some ass on the court.

He didn't have a great game tonight but he hit some clutch shots near the end.

That's a damn shame that Dirk showed more fire against that damn treadmill than he did out there on that court.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #13
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

MFF.... can you blame Dirk for being upset?

The refs called a foul on him when he didn't touch Wade. Which the Heat won the game because of the foul. I'd be upset too.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #14
Dr.Destroy
Banned

Dr.Destroy is on a distinguished road

Bullshit. If Dirk got wade's calls, he'd shoot 50 free throws, fact.

How the hell can Haslem shove Dirk in the back 10 times a posession with no call, but if you breathe on Wade its a foul, how?
Dr.Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:39 AM   #15
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed the REPEATED loose ball fouls on Shaq and Haslem that havent been called in this series. It seems like just about everytime a ball goes up, you see Damp or Dirk go flying out of bounds with no call..
Old 06-19-2006, 12:40 AM   #16
pickupyonuts

yeah, dr. d thats exactly what im talkin about. it makes haslem look like first team all defense w/ nothin bein called on him.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:45 AM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
MFF.... can you blame Dirk for being upset?

The refs called a foul on him when he didn't touch Wade. Which the Heat won the game because of the foul. I'd be upset too.
I'm not saying he shouldn't be upset. But he acted like Ron Artest going through the tunnel and trashing equipment. And that was after two attempts at kicking the ball while walking off the court. You know he'll be fined but wouldn't the league just love to suspend him for it. I know it's not deserving but you just never know what the league will do next.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 AM   #18
victornewman

victornewman is on a distinguished road

I have taken up for Dirk BIG TIME until tonight.
MVP, my ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dirk deserves evey single negative comment he's gotten so far in this series, plus some.
If Dirk had even played half as good as he is capable of playing, we would have won.
No heart. no passion, no desire to win. That pretty much sums up Dirk in this series.
HE IS NOW "IRK" again.
In this series, the Mavs have NO SUPER STARS!!!!!
Dirk is nothing but a bench player at best in this series.
He now has NO RIGHT to EVER get in any other players face.
And if he has the nerve to do so, he should be knocked the "F" out!!!!!!
victornewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:10 AM   #19
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

He still has time to redeem himself... I am clinging to that, for better or worse...
Old 06-19-2006, 01:12 AM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by victornewman
Dirk deserves evey single negative comment he's gotten so far in this series, plus some.
If Dirk had even played half as good as he is capable of playing, we would have won.
No heart. no passion, no desire to win. That pretty much sums up Dirk in this series.
HE IS NOW "IRK" again.
Go f*ck yourself.

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-19-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:13 AM   #21
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm not saying he shouldn't be upset. But he acted like Ron Artest going through the tunnel and trashing equipment. And that was after two attempts at kicking the ball while walking off the court. You know he'll be fined but wouldn't the league just love to suspend him for it. I know it's not deserving but you just never know what the league will do next.
So?

If the league suspends him then you know the fix truly is in... and I've been harder on the Mavs then anyone on this site. And I'm still crying right now. But if I was a player, I'd feel like I've just been sexually violated. And I'd take out my anger on the first closest thing too.

I don't blame him.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:13 AM   #22
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
HE IS NOW "IRK" again.

VictorNewman, shut your young and the restless ass up.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 AM   #23
zico

zico is on a distinguished road

Quote:
HE IS NOW "IRK" again.
Well, you have the right to think that. But I think Avery is not coaching well, our offense is not sophisticated enough. Dirk also struggles again the Rockets last year and it is a team who looks like the Heat with McGrady and Yao.
It's the team that struggles again it.
I don't know why you expect Dirk to play street basketball of one on one and be awesome at it.
Dirk could be great at the post against Memphis, San Antonio and Phoenix but these teams had not great centers.
I think Dallas should employ Dirk like the Pistons employed Hamilton under Brown.
zico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:35 AM   #24
victornewman

Look, I am more upset than I've ever been in all my 20+ years as a Mavs fan. (And that is saying A LOT.)
I am just beside myself.
I cannot believe that Dirk is playing so poorly in this series after being such a warrior against the Spurs and the Suns.
He is not playing with an ounce heart; he doesn't appear to even care... THAT IS WHAT BOTHERS ME!!!!!!!!!! What the hell has happened to Dirk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
It makes me wonder if the guy even cares whether or not we win a championship.
He's playing like he is content with just winning the Western Conference Finals.
Maybe I am taking this loss too hard, but right now, I am utterly depressed.
Devastated is more like it.

Last edited by victornewman; 06-19-2006 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:05 AM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...

Victor that is just silly... But I do wonder where that Dirk is that sticks his tongue out like he enjoys his baskets and pumps his fist in exuberance! It is almost like he isn't enjoying this at all. That matters in the long run... He needs to step up and get emotional!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:16 AM   #26
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Dirk is not playing like a Super Star and anyone who takes up for him is a butt-sniffing creep. Everyone's talking about Dirk getting Double teamed, well how about this shit.
Shaq gets doubled and tripple teamed, and fouled on nearly every play, he's not whinning.

Wade was tripple teamed on the last play, and doubled most of the game, he didn't whine and go over in the corner, and fade behind the 3 point line... He got his ass up off the floor, and came out swinging. That's what a super star is supposed to do.

Dirk has missed opened jump shots left and right. I've never seen this many air balls thrown up from Dirk in my entire life from watching him. And if you're going to blame Josh, BTW who scored 20 something points (he did his part) for this loss, then blame Dirk for choking in game 3 when he missed at the line that would have sent us into over time.

So you Dirk apologist, take your head out of Dirks butt please!!!
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:16 AM   #27
victornewman

It is NOT silly. Look, I've suffered right along with the Mavs for YEARS prior to Cuban buying the team---Just like many on this board have done.
We HAD THIS championship but the Mavs went to Miami expecting them to lie down and hand the trophy over without a fight. (Stupid egos)
That is a fact..... Which is why Avery had to move their butts to another hotel---This is VERY embarrassing, IMO. (VERY, VERY EMBARRASSING!!!!)
The Dirk that we have known and loved all these years did not get on the plane to Miami with the rest of the players. I don't know where the hell the "Real' Dirk is, but I hope to hell that somebody finds him, and QUICK!!!!!!!!

Last edited by victornewman; 06-19-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:34 AM   #28
zico

zico is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie
Dirk is not playing like a Super Star and anyone who takes up for him is a butt-sniffing creep. Everyone's talking about Dirk getting Double teamed, well how about this shit.
Shaq gets doubled and tripple teamed, and fouled on nearly every play, he's not whinning.

Wade was tripple teamed on the last play, and doubled most of the game, he didn't whine and go over in the corner, and fade behind the 3 point line... He got his ass up off the floor, and came out swinging. That's what a super star is supposed to do.

Dirk has missed opened jump shots left and right. I've never seen this many air balls thrown up from Dirk in my entire life from watching him. And if you're going to blame Josh, BTW who scored 20 something points (he did his part) for this loss, then blame Dirk for choking in game 3 when he missed at the line that would have sent us into over time.

So you Dirk apologist, take your head out of Dirks butt please!!!
Wade is a guard. I know Avery want Dirk to have him creates his own shot, and dribbling and so on. You know what, I don't like the offensive schemes of Avery.
I don't see the old Dirk who could shoot faster, now it seems Dirks is thinking too much, dribbling too much and forcing his shots by playing one on one basketball. It seems like Dirk tries too much to force a one on one and trying to gets a foul.
I know it's avery strategy in offense to be agressive but sometimes it's been too far with double screens and then a guy dribbling towards the paint.
I'll be glad if we would mix a little bit more in offense and not always trying to have mismatchs for one on one. Why not moving the ball a litte bit more, the guys moving more as well and not always setting screens.
zico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:45 AM   #29
victornewman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Go f*ck yourself.
That is uncalled for Murphy. I didn't attack anyone. I just posted my opinions.
I understand that emotions are high right now but telling a woman to go "F" herself is not cool.
There are A LOT of posts that I don't agree with but everyone has their right to their opinion and I totally respect that.
It would be quite boring on this board if we all agreed on everything.

Anyway, I'm not trying to make enemies here. I enjoy this board and my fellow Mavs fans.
I sat with my head in my hands for what seemed like forever after the game ended. This is the ONLY sport that I am a fan of. To be honest. I could care less about the Cowboys, Rangers or the Stars. I have been a die hard fan of the Mavs for over 20 years.
Maybe I take things too seriously when it comes to the Mavs and I expect too much from them, but I am so emotionally wrapped up in them, I just can't help it.
Sometimes I think the fans want the win worse than the team does. That may seem silly, but that is they way I feel right now, especially when our star player appears to have lost his passion and determination---something I NEVER thought I would ever say about Dirk.
It's soooooooo frustrating because I KNOW WITH ALL MY HEART that the Mavs are the better team--- by a mile. This "IS" their time.
That stupid Heat team is comprised of nothing but one great player, a player on his way out of the league and a bunch of misfits that nobody else wants.
The fact that they are ahead is overwhelming to me.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:58 AM   #30
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Dirk may need to play better, at least if he's going to be the star/superstar that leads the Mavs to the title. But he's supposedly surrounded by the best team, and his other teammates aren't exactly holding up their end of the bargain, either, or at least they haven't in these last three games.

JHo can't be let off the hook because he had 25 points in game 5. How many of those were in the 4th quarter? And how come he couldn't hit any of his two free throws with less than a minute left in the game? He also had 20+ in three quarters of game 3, then didn't score one point in the 4th quarter. And he joined Dirk to shoot horribly in games 1 and 4.

And Terry had a great game scoring the basketball in games 1 and game 5, but if he doesn't have a way to get to the basket off the Dirk pick and roll, he is borderline inadequate at getting the ball to Dirk.

Devin Harris fired up 12 shots tonight, and made all of two of them. Granted, on at least two of those shots he was probably fouled without a call, but those are the layups that he was making against the Spurs and the Suns, and getting to the line for a three point play opportunity. Even if he's getting fouled, he needs to be able to convert if the refs aren't going to help him out. I like his defensive effort on Wade --- in fact, he made a few great plays to avoid fouling Wade on that upfake jumper Wade likes so much, but if he's not going to contribute on the offensive end, then his defender is free to help double Dirk.

The Mavs are supposed to have the best team. Yes, Dirk is being outplayed by his superstar counterpart in Wade, but the rest of the Mavs aren't playing as well as they need to play for the Mavs to capture the title. Luckily, they still have a chance to turn this series around.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote