Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-01-2001, 04:52 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

How'd you come up with yours? Any special meaning or anything?

Mine's simple. ROB W R

ROB for my name. Robert. And W R for my middle and last initial.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

"Hales" is my nickname, Michael Jordan is my favorite player, so that's where i got the 23, and the 3 was added because when i signed up for instant messenger, Hales23 was already taken.
Old 03-01-2001, 05:53 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

good idea for this thread, rob. this is what i wrote over at fanhome. Still holds true.

Big Boy Laroux was my nickname on my college basketball team. a bunch of us were bored (and restless) in the locker room before a game, and we were just coming up with stupid names for team mates. Like we had this big tall (& kinda ugly) guy and we called him "Gulliver the overgrown Gnome." His name wasn't gulliver, but he did look like an overgrown gnome. anyway, my turn came around, and someone said "Big Boy Laroo." (pronounced like it's spelled) He said to spell it that way. But then, since i'm from Louisiana, they officially change the spelling to how i currently use it. My nickname was the only one that stuck through the season and my career there. i actually grew to like it. most of the time, it was just shortened to Laroux. Like this... "Laaaaarrrrooouuuuxxxxxx... FOR THREE!" catchy, huh? (it's still pronounced "laroo&quot
Old 03-01-2001, 05:59 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the days of local dial-up bbs' (oh the memories!) my username was almost always backlash. I went through a couple different nicks before I settled on backlash. I got it from a comic book character or something - don't remember exactly. When I started mixing and composing tracks, I became dj backlash. So now I always use djbacklash (lower-case, no spaces) or djb on msg boards and stuff.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 06:27 PM   #5
Linde

Linde is on a distinguished road

Lindau -> Linde
Dying Fetus, Skinless / Neurotic DF / Devourment / FTC / Undergrind Freakfest ? / Deathfeast / Misery Index / Obscene Extreme / Dong / Mountains Of Death / NRW DF / Luha DF / Bloodshed / Grind Gütiger
Linde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 10:57 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Obviously Linde and I aren't the most creative of the bunch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 03-02-2001, 10:45 AM   #7
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

The first three letters of my user name come from the first 3 in my last name. And I added star on the end for no apparent reason, just thought it sounded cool.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 10:50 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were a Trekkie or something giostar [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 01:44 PM   #9
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Nope, used to watch Next Generation, but never got into the other spin off's like Voyager and such.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 01:52 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Just bring this back up for the new members [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-26-2001, 02:21 PM   #11
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

A long time ago I used to use the moniker "EvilMan" on a couple of different BBS boards where I used to get pirated games... When I started posting a lot of sports stuff, it just made sense to adopt the "Mav" part instead of "man" because of my longtime affinity for the terrible Mavs... Sportstalk banned my first name "Evilmav1" so I just adopted "Evilmav2" and haven't looked back since...
Old 03-26-2001, 08:56 PM   #12
slcrocket

slcrocket is on a distinguished road

City I unfortunately live in, and the GREATEST basketball team on earth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2001, 02:46 AM   #13
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

My name is scott and my grade 7 teacher called me scooter for some reason (after his favourite muppet apprently haha) J is the first letter of my last name and 5 is my number in bball
Old 03-27-2001, 01:42 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I chose madape because I really love it when apes go crazy.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 01:44 AM   #15
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I haven't seen an angry ape and I would like to do know where I could see one. I only ask because it's on my 'to-do' list [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2001, 10:26 AM   #16
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

I normally use earnhardt3jr, but in this case, its not hard to figure out, Dallmav, dallas mavericks.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 01:02 PM   #17
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

i like blunts i mean cigars
Old 04-10-2001, 04:05 PM   #18
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

My favorite player is Michael Finley, and I don't know if ya'll ever listen to the radio, but that is the nickname that our local radio anouncers gave him.
Old 04-10-2001, 04:27 PM   #19
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

one night realllyyy late with my friends we were messed up... and we decided that if you put the word 'turbo' in front of anything it makes it sound 10 times better ie.. turbowash, turbothigh, turbolake, turbomav? eh
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 12:57 PM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

BUMP

Old 05-02-2001, 01:13 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

#3 was my baseball #
murphy is/was my favorite baseball player
his number was also 3
the #1 home run hitter in atlanta braves history
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 02:33 PM   #22
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

that's crazy man...my first pet's name was Murphy and Dale to this day is still my favorite baseball player of all time. I was heartbroken when he was traded to the Phillies.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 07:10 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i know..i followed the atlanta braves through the sh*t years, from 82 until dale was traded
i was 4 years old when i started following him. i watched every game on tbs
i guarantee you that by the time i was 5, i knew more about baseball than 95%+ of the people that followed baseball
he was my summer....following the great dale murphy.
i miss watching him play, watching him hustle
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 04:56 PM   #24
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Given name is Andrew, but when I step on the court, everyone says the way I shoot the ball and run off of screens and my arrogance reminds them of someone, my favorite NBA player (Finley is my boy on the mavs, but...) Reggie Miller. My fraternity is Theta Chi. I go by Reggie more than anything, so, ReggieThetaChi.
Old 07-08-2001, 10:54 AM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Just *BUMPING* this up for the new guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2001, 08:00 PM   #26
Mav_on_the_Move

Mav_on_the_Move is on a distinguished road

A bunch of friends and myself were just sitting around drinking when the song Band on the Run came on. It just sorta worked.
Old 05-02-2002, 10:56 PM   #27
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

*Bumping*
This could be the answer to your question, smile_at_me10
"By the way, why is 233 in your screen name?"...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 11:02 PM   #28
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Um...I think mine is pretty obvious.

Mavs Fan Finley.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2002, 11:26 PM   #29
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Sometime in early 1980, momma said "let's call him Rhylan."

So they did.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 11:29 PM   #30
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Veruca Salt, they're a band.
They got the name from the Roald Dahl book, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 11:48 PM   #31
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

I was such a huge fan of veruca salt when I was in 5th grade
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 11:51 PM   #32
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

The band or the character?
If its the band..crap! I'm only 20, and you're making me feel old...5th grade?
Hang on, maybe the 5th grade over there is different from here???

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 12:00 AM   #33
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road

I only know the bascis of Basketball (get it "101&quot
Old 05-03-2002, 12:00 AM   #34
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

"DTL" is the initials of the street I lived on (da-tong-lu) when I was in China two years ago.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 03:03 AM   #35
JAY JAY

JAY JAY is on a distinguished road

Jay Jay is my name and Basketball is my game, but I am sure it's obvious with all my knowledge of the game.
JAY JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 04:06 AM   #36
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

I've explained this before, but my name comes from the nickname that one of the announcers has for Steve.
Old 05-03-2002, 08:24 AM   #37
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Variation of my real name.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 08:36 AM   #38
nekked

nekked is on a distinguished road

it's the state i'm in while i'm reading your posts....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2002, 08:59 AM   #39
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww....
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 04:50 PM   #40
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< *Bumping*
This could be the answer to your question, smile_at_me10
&quot;By the way, why is 233 in your screen name?&quot;...
>>

I thought Hales was a super-buff weight lifter clocking in at 233 pounds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

haha

I always like to explain my name - got it from a song by Crosby, Stills, and Nash: &quot;If you smile at me, I will understand. That is something everybody, everywhere does in the same language...&quot; The #10 is revealing my aspiration to be a 10 (on a scale from 1 to 10) in life.