Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-22-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doug Christie Ready To Return To NBA

Quote:
Doug Christie Ready To Return To NBA
22nd August, 2006 - 11:48 pm
Press Release - After months of speculation and rumors of retirement, Doug Christie has officially announced his intentions of returning to play in the NBA.

Spending months undergoing intense rehabilitation and conditioning has put Christie in fantastic shape and made him eager to join an NBA team at their 2006 training camp. During a recent interview, Christie commented that, “I am blessed to now have gained endurance, agility and quickness at a level that I had not previously experienced.”

Christie, a first Team and a two time All Defensive Second Team member who has over 1,500 career steals, 3,000 assists and 2,500 defensive rebounds, is a defensive force, which has sports gurus around the league agreeing that his presence on the court has been sorely missed and that whichever team is successful in signing him will benefit greatly from his veteran leadership and versatility.

Drafted by the Seattle Supersonics in the first round of the 1992 NBA Draft, Christie has played in Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, Dallas and Sacramento where he enjoyed much success.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...return_to_nba/

Quote:
Press Release - Who cares?
I got a kick out of the Jackie Christie site though.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he tears his ACL the first day.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

What a loser, he comes back after the Mavs release him? Signs the contract and plays like 5 games. He does deserve a torn ACL.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:35 AM   #4
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Nobody wants Christie back?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:28 AM   #5
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

No, I never want him back. I hate him. How he scared me when he quit! As long as he doesn't come back to Dallas, sorry I expect his new team gets to know he decides to quit right after new season starts.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I hope he tears his ACL the first day.
lol. I second the notion
Old 08-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #7
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I wouldn't mind seeing Christie come back to play another season with the Mavs. He has a great nack for making defensive plays, he is smart, and he has a decent outside shot.

I say sign him and sit him on the IR until we need him. That way we can focus on developing Ager while simultaneously not having to rely on an inexperienced player to come in should one of our 2/3's get hurt.

Diop/ Damp/ Benga
Dirk/ Croshere
Howard/ George
Buckner/ Stackhouse
Terry/ Harris/ Johnson

with Christie, Ager and Pops on the IR. Remember, now we can bring all 15 players into the playoffs, and this move would only give us an advantage in that department.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Just say no to he who is

Last edited by Male30Dan; 08-23-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I would LOVE to see him return to the Mavericks!

....the current half-time shows are lacking.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #10
Darke

Darke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura about

Perhaps he is ready for the NBA, but is the NBA ready for him (and her)?
Darke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:59 PM   #11
banpeikun

banpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Remember, now we can bring all 15 players into the playoffs, and this move would only give us an advantage in that department.
i thought it went from 12 to 13. did it change again?
banpeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:52 AM   #12
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

it went from 12 to 15, like the regular season
Old 08-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #13
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

snoooooooooze.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #14
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *wakes up* Huh? What? Who?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote