Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-22-2006, 05:35 AM   #1
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future
Default Nba Live 07: Rosters and Ratings

Read this and weep!
Mavs on the 6th page

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

What are we weeping about? Dirk being rated lower than McGrady and Nash on their overall???
Old 09-22-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about bullshit!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

LOL arenas is the funniest
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:23 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

No love for Dirk - it's time to bring home the Championship, so that "sports experts" (video game developers... HA!) can finally get it right!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-22-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

It's better than last years. At least Dirk is ranked better than Duncan, Ginobli, Marion, Amare.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

At least Dirk is in the 90's now. I'm surprised at the love they showed for Jho, JT, and George. The Mavs are going to be so fun to use in this game, I can't wait.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:33 PM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I picked up 2k6 last year and I haven't been able to play live since. The 2k series has much more realistic game play.

BTW, another problem with those Live rankings is that JT has more quickness and acceleration than Devin.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

For comparison reasons, HERE are the NBA 2K7 player ratings.

Mavs on page 6. For the lazy, Dirk's a 97.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Wow, that's how Dirk ratings should be in live. I unfortunatley have only a Gamecube, so I can't get 2K7

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 09-22-2006, 09:02 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like 2k7 will be the one that will get my money then.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:36 AM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

there a reason Ndudi Ebi is on our roster?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:28 AM   #13
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

LBJ's 97 is so ridiculous! Dirk deserves better than a 90!
Has anyone seen BDavis' 99rating for teamwork? What?!
Anyway, I find the Mavs team on Live 07 better than last years installment. Bring on the Live Season!

Old 09-24-2006, 12:09 AM   #14
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

lol the nba live ratings are terrible...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:17 AM   #15
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
lol the nba live ratings are terrible...
they always aren't very good, but they actually look pretty decent to me this year.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:22 AM   #16
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
they always aren't very good, but they actually look pretty decent to me this year.
Umm lol

McGrady
Iverson
Nash
Arenas

Those players are all ahead of Dirk and Duncan lol. That's rediculous.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:24 AM   #17
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

not that rediculous, i think ai over dirk is pretty bad

Contact Me
Old 09-24-2006, 12:26 AM   #18
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Umm lol

McGrady
Iverson
Nash
Arenas

Those players are all ahead of Dirk and Duncan lol. That's rediculous.
Yeah. They always give the popular superstars the best ratings. I think Dirk should be a 95-96 but EA doesn't, and neither do most other ppl. I think if we win a title this year though, that will change.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 AM   #19
fluid.forty.one

Arenas isn't a superstar at all imo. He's good, he will be a superstar, but he's nothing compared to Dirk yet.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:54 AM   #20
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Arenas isn't a superstar at all imo. He's good, he will be a superstar, but he's nothing compared to Dirk yet.
I agree, but he's more poular overall than Dirk, unfortunatley.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:28 AM   #21
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

^^Unfortunately...

Old 09-24-2006, 01:29 AM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
^^Unfortunately...
Yeah, and that's what effects the ratings the most.

With that being said, I'm can't wait for this game to come out!

Old 09-24-2006, 01:57 AM   #23
fluid.forty.one

It's widely accepted that Dirk is a top 3-5 nba player in the world, I don't think Arenas is more popular.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:00 AM   #24
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's widely accepted that Dirk is a top 3-5 nba player in the world
I would definetly disagree with that. Dirk never gets the same recognition as an accepted top 5 player would, nor have I heard him be called that by anyone other than the people on this board. I agree he is top 3-5, but would DEFINETLY disagree that it is widely accepted.

Quote:
I don't think Arenas is more popular.
You have a point here, but I donno, he seems pretty popular which gets his rating higher. It's possible that they are overrating him for no reason though.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:07 AM   #25
fluid.forty.one

Umm during the whole entire buildup to the usa-germany game, every article I read about it called Dirk that. It's also been said a lot on the board, but you can take that for what it's worth. It is a Mavs board after all. Anyway I also heard the phrase said a lot even during the WCF and the spurs series. Dirk gets a lot more respect than he used to, you just might not hear it because it's so strange to hear. So yes he has been labeled top 5 in the world many times by many people.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:31 AM   #26
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Umm during the whole entire buildup to the usa-germany game, every article I read about it called Dirk that. It's also been said a lot on the board, but you can take that for what it's worth. It is a Mavs board after all. Anyway I also heard the phrase said a lot even during the WCF and the spurs series. Dirk gets a lot more respect than he used to, you just might not hear it because it's so strange to hear. So yes he has been labeled top 5 in the world many times by many people.
I know it's been on this board a lot, but I haven't been hearing it much elsewhere. Maybe it's just cuz I'm not used to hearing it. I know he's getting a lot more respect than he used to, but I don't remember ppl calling him a top 5 player.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #27
alby
Guru

i really dont think arenas is more popular than dirk...

Contact Me
Old 09-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #28
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

look at the defensive rankings on that game. They are hilarious. Dirk is an 85(highest on the mavs) Lebron is i believe a 93. Bruce bowen is an 80... Obviously the guys who make these ratings know what they are doing....
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #29
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

It's obviously screwed up all around. Dirk is actually rated to high IMO if you take in account the skill set that most players below him have. I don't really see the big deal. I guess the off season has made us desperate for anything to complain about.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #30
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
The 2k series has much more realistic game play.
Too real. I fired up 2k7 and right out of the gate Wade was at the foul line.

Seriously though, been playing the 2K7 demo for a couple weeks now. Not sure i like the game overall but the annimations are simply amazing. Signature shots etc...

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #31
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I picked up 2k6 last year and I haven't been able to play live since. The 2k series has much more realistic game play.

BTW, another problem with those Live rankings is that JT has more quickness and acceleration than Devin.

Same here. I've bought every NBA LIve since NBA Live '95 and I probably will buy it again this year but I can't see myself playing this over NBA 2k7. I just can't go back lol. I guess i'll play it until 2k7 comes out but i'm done with NBA Live's NBA Jam gameplay.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #32
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

ahhhh... I don't know what to get, Live or 2k?
Old 10-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #33
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
ahhhh... I don't know what to get, Live or 2k?
2k. Live is better if you want screen shots but 2ks game play is ALOT better.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #34
fluid.forty.one

lol There's a screen shot of kobe about to dunk on harris and diop on the back of live
Old 10-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

Wow I just broke my ps2 controller because this game was pissing me off so much. First of all I started in rookie level to get the feel of things. It's impossible to get to the basket, to get around defenders, to not foul people, and to make wide open jump shots. Dirk shot 90% (all were short jump shots, he was 0-8 from open 3 pointers) from the field while the rest of the team shot 16% and were 0-11 on open 3 pointers. Add that with the fact that Tracy Mcgrady had 35/11 in the first half off of 80% shooting and it all adds up to this game being a piece of crap.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-03-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #36
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Wow I just broke my ps2 controller because this game was pissing me off so much. First of all I started in rookie level to get the feel of things. It's impossible to get to the basket, to get around defenders, to not foul people, and to make wide open jump shots. Dirk shot 90% (all were short jump shots, he was 0-8 from open 3 pointers) from the field while the rest of the team shot 16% and were 0-11 on open 3 pointers. Add that with the fact that Tracy Mcgrady had 35/11 in the first half off of 80% shooting and it all adds up to this game being a piece of crap.
Have you ever played nba live 06? The suns are UNSTOPPABLE and video steve nash is among the greatest video game players ever. I mean seriously, I scored 160 with nash once on 06 and yes i play on hard mode. Granted Im awesome at video games but that was pretty much the end of me ever playing an nba live game.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #37
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Have you ever played nba live 06? The suns are UNSTOPPABLE and video steve nash is among the greatest video game players ever. I mean seriously, I scored 160 with nash once on 06 and yes i play on hard mode. Granted Im awesome at video games but that was pretty much the end of me ever playing an nba live game.
Well, the way I hear it around here, Nash is TWICE the player that Kobe is... That would explain the 160 thing, and make Live a helluva sim game!

:InsertOldMoon:
Old 10-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #38
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

i played both versions for the xbox 360 and 2k7 is 10x better than live 07 , the game play on live 07 isn't that great, it looks more jumpy than smooth, 2k7's dynasty mode is better the graphics are better, overall i give 2k7 a 9 live 07 a 4
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #39
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomThaMavsFan
i played both versions for the xbox 360 and 2k7 is 10x better than live 07 , the game play on live 07 isn't that great, it looks more jumpy than smooth, 2k7's dynasty mode is better the graphics are better, overall i give 2k7 a 9 live 07 a 4
2K7 is only for PS2 Xbox and 360 right?

Old 10-03-2006, 08:55 PM   #40
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
My question is, what the hell were you doing playing with Nash . Seriously, I can't bring myself to play with a team other than the Mavs unless I'm playing against another person.

My problem with live is that the transition defense it too good...you can't fast break. That's the first thing I appreciated when I started playing 2k