Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #1
Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler will become famous soon enough
Default Some ideas to flip Stackhouse for some help

What do you think of these 3 trades...all are approved with RGTC.

1)

Dallas Outgoing
Jerry Stackhouse

Memphis Outgoing
Mike Miller

Memphis will get an expired contract in Stack and Dallas has it's new six man off the bench. May have to flip a draft pick or a young player in Ager.

2)

Dallas Outgoing
Jerry Stackhouse
Maurice Ager
Possibly picks and/or money

Boston Outgoing
Wally Szczerbiak

Boston again get an expired contract, plus get a nice young player and possible picks back.
Dallas gets a big offense weapon off the bench.

3)

Dallas Outgoing
Jerry Stackhouse
DJ MBenga
Maurice Ager

Denver Outgoing
Nene Hilario
Eduardo Najera

Denver has stated that they want to be under the Luxery Tax and they do by dumping Nene BIG contract and losing Stackhouse at the end of the year. Plus they add two young players in DJ and Ager. Dallas gets more defense and muscle. Nene would be are starting center by next year and Najera comes back where he belongs backing up Dirk.

...I actually hope to somehow pry Miller away from Memphis. I would love to have him hovering around the three point line when Jet and Devin drive to the whole. Memphis season is in the toilet and they may want to change things up next year. Giving them back Stack's expiring contract may be enough.
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I think the trade forum should be locked when the Mavs are #1 in the league.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

for some help?

what the hell kind of help do they need?? did you watch the game last night? is your brain getting all the oxygen it needs?

grrrrr.....
Old 12-29-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

The only one I'd do is the first one, and they wouldn't do it. Plus there is no reason to trade right now.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
Dirk Diggler

wow...tough crowd.

I may have used the wrong wording in that we needed help but jeeshh people if you didn't have anything to add then why even read anybodys posts in this forum.

very nice posts people...I knew there was a reason why I post at other sites then this one. It has gown down hill over the last few years.

No wonder most newbies don't post on here.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:36 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

www.dictionary.com

http://www.spellcheck.com/

Last edited by Drbio; 12-30-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:08 AM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the San Diego Chargers are looking to move LT....
Old 12-30-2006, 01:27 AM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
wow...tough crowd.
Umm, when the Mavs are in first there is no reason to break up there core to do one of these moves. There is no reason to trade right now.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:38 AM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

You people are nuts. If you don't think this team could be improved upon by replacing Stackhouse with a more reliable sixth man, you're not watching the game. I'd trade his ass for Mike Miller any day of the week and twice on sunday.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:43 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
You people are nuts. If you don't think this team could be improved upon by replacing Stackhouse with a more reliable sixth man, you're not watching the game. I'd trade his ass for Mike Miller any day of the week and twice on sunday.
This entire forum sucks. The better question is not what YOU would do but do you think the Mavs are trying to trade Stackhouse. The majority opinion here is well established....Stack should go. However, Avery has a chubby for Stack. He isn't likely going anywhere and I would be surprised if we do anything outside of a small trade involving Croshere and even that may not be likely.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:00 AM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
This entire forum sucks. The better question is not what YOU would do but do you think the Mavs are trying to trade Stackhouse. The majority opinion here is well established....Stack should go. However, Avery has a chubby for Stack. He isn't likely going anywhere and I would be surprised if we do anything outside of a small trade involving Croshere and even that may not be likely.
You're right about AJ's bizarre man-crush for Stack. However, his expiring contract is basically the ONLY real trade asset this team has right now, or at least the only one we can afford to lose without screwing up the rest of the team. AJ I'm sure wants him to stay, but maybe Cuban would force his hand if a good offer comes our way. Maybe not likely, but not all that far-fetched either. All I know is that Stackhouse is not the guy I want down the stretch. He'll win a few games for you, but for every one he wins, he'll lose three.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:30 AM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
You're right about AJ's bizarre man-crush for Stack. However, his expiring contract is basically the ONLY real trade asset this team has right now, or at least the only one we can afford to lose without screwing up the rest of the team.
Chroshere makes $7.3M and is in the last year of his contract so he qualifies (Stack makes $9.3M in comparison).

Stack will probably get a 3 year deal from the Mavs in the offseason for the MLE.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:46 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

MFFL posted what I would have. Cro is very much a tradeable asset. I can't imagine Avery wanting to move Stack and I too think he will be in Cubans ear about using the MLE on Stack in the offseason.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:26 AM   #15
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Ah, my bad. I didn't realize Cro's contract ended this year.

Quote:
I too think he will be in Cubans ear about using the MLE on Stack in the offseason.
Oh god, I hope that doesn't happen. Might as well use it on Doug Christie.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-30-2006 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:49 AM   #16
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
wow...tough crowd.

I may have used the wrong wording in that we needed help but jeeshh people if you didn't have anything to add then why even read anybodys posts in this forum.

very nice posts people...I knew there was a reason why I post at other sites then this one. It has gown down hill over the last few years.

No wonder most newbies don't post on here.
I don´t know why you registered at this forum if you don´t like it. You are registerde since Nov. 2005 and have only 19 post, so that this forum "has gone downhill over the last few years" (I don´t know what you mean) can´t be the case that you prefer to post at other sites. Everybody has his own opinion and you have to take with a pinch of salt! And by the way I´m a newbie and have no problems at all with posting and the members of this forum, I like it.

I think to have a Stackhouse from the bench is a big luxury and the talk what should happen with him, should start not until next season when his contract expires. Only if another team makes a no-brainer-type offer because of the value of the expiring contract, you should think about it. Since there is no necessity, the trade talks shouldn´t be start from Dallas.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 12-30-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:46 AM   #17
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Most here don't see the big picture.

Stack and Cro's expiring contracts put the Mavs back under tax threshold.
Ager was drafted to replace Stack.

If they are going to the championship with Stack, then why change -- even if all he is giving is vet leadership that fans don't see in the 2 hrs of a game. He has something that Avery likes, and he did help get them to the championship last year (disputable), and they are in first place this year............. why keep trying to trade him?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Stack >>>>>> Ager and will be for at least another 2-3 years. You are correct regarding the tax but we will use the MLE so if that was not factored in then we might be at the threshold. I see us re-signing Stack because Avery trusts him and as you said he has contributed to two very good teams.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:25 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I talked to an inside source and they said that Stack doesn't provide any leadership whatsoever.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #20
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stack >>>>>> Ager and will be for at least another 2-3 years. You are correct regarding the tax but we will use the MLE so if that was not factored in then we might be at the threshold. I see us re-signing Stack because Avery trusts him and as you said he has contributed to two very good teams.
I agree with Doc and the others who don't see Stack going anywhere in the near future. Right now we are on a pretty good winning streak and Stack is not playing because of his injury. Avery loves Stack, so the next goal will be to work him back into the rotation without disrupting the momentum. That's enough of a challenge right there. The only move I can see the Mavs making is one where they bring in another shooter or rebounder. But this hypothetical trade would replace Cro or DJ and only offer the few minutes those two are currently getting.

I do wonder about our commitment to DJ since Damp has been playing so well this year, and George is playing some terrific PF. I love DJ and think he has great potential, but I don't see him getting many minutes unless one of our 5s go down with an injury.

I just don't see any trades on the horizon.... we are still wrestling with a rotation when all of our players are healthy and we are still building chemistry. Maybe we do something right before the trade deadline, but right now I think we are going to hold the cards we have.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:40 PM   #21
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Most here don't see the big picture.

Stack and Cro's expiring contracts put the Mavs back under tax threshold.
Ager was drafted to replace Stack.

If they are going to the championship with Stack, then why change -- even if all he is giving is vet leadership that fans don't see in the 2 hrs of a game. He has something that Avery likes, and he did help get them to the championship last year (disputable), and they are in first place this year............. why keep trying to trade him?
how much under the tax would it put them with J-ho's new contract on the books next year
Old 12-31-2006, 12:14 AM   #22
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

assuming Cro walks and Stack comes back for <= the MLE, we're under this year's tax threshold.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:41 AM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Old 12-31-2006, 05:08 AM   #24
bradleywillcrushyou44

bradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the rough

i would do all 3
bradleywillcrushyou44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:33 AM   #25
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleywillcrushyou44
i would do all 3
Doc, Stack, and Murph?

Brrr...
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:08 AM   #26
Drbio
Banned

hahahaha
Old 12-31-2006, 12:40 PM   #27
Dirk Diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
I don´t know why you registered at this forum if you don´t like it. You are registerde since Nov. 2005 and have only 19 post, so that this forum "has gone downhill over the last few years" (I don´t know what you mean) can´t be the case that you prefer to post at other sites. Everybody has his own opinion and you have to take with a pinch of salt! And by the way I´m a newbie and have no problems at all with posting and the members of this forum, I like it.

I think to have a Stackhouse from the bench is a big luxury and the talk what should happen with him, should start not until next season when his contract expires. Only if another team makes a no-brainer-type offer because of the value of the expiring contract, you should think about it. Since there is no necessity, the trade talks shouldn´t be start from Dallas.
Actually I have been a member here for quite awhile. I used to be under a different screen name (Blonde Bomber), but for some reason my login info would not work.
So yes, I have been posting here for longer then you think.

DrBio - It takes a big man to talk down to people on the web. I guess I can aspire to someday get over 30,000 posts like you..no wait...I have a life.

Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 12-31-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:45 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Diggler- stop being a whiney puss and try to contribute.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 PM   #29
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Avery is in love with Stack... Stack retires a Maverick or becomes an assistant coach...

Trade Anthony Johnson or Croshere.... you're wasting your time speculating on a Stack trade...
Old 01-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #30
areluba

areluba is on a distinguished road
Default How about

Stack, Johnson, and Ager
for Mike Miller and Brian Cardinal?
a little more depth on PF to back up Dirk
areluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned