Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default State of the Union - Question for all my political homies

Anyone know where online I can watch it in it's entirety?

Thoughts on the actual speech? Links to it online? (yes, that is redundant.... but I like redundancy)

Keep it chill....
Old 01-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I read in the paper this morning that one of the networks (NBC I think) was trying to get the ok to post the entire broadcast on YouTube.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... I've been searching youtube but no luck so far... I know it's only an hour past but my wife needs to watch it for a school project. She is in a Government class and, get this, the teacher assigned to them in her class tonight to watch the speech and give a report on it. Her Government class started at 7:15 and ended at 8:45...????

I think her teacher must think everyone has DVR.... but we don't.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Probably not what you are looking for...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...94390378871865
Old 01-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Here is the text if it helps.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070124/...union_text_i_1

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070124/...nion_text_ii_1
Old 01-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

It may likely show up on this page later....

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/Bush_Administration
Old 01-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #7
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

The democratic response was something to talk about. I wasn't impressed with the republican rebuttle. Thought he was about to cry. But, "i am no political man"

Last edited by Nemesis; 01-23-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Thanks Doc... I will certainly keep my eyes posted on youtube and the one above.

I'm hoping bittorrent will come through for me but not holding my breath.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
The democratic response was something to talk about. I wasn't impressed with the republican rebuttle. Thought he was about to cry. But, "i am no political man"
Yeah, I got a good laugh out of the Democratic response....

Good times.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:38 PM   #10
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

It's pretty tough at my house. I was raised republican but like I said, I couldn't carry on a conversation about politics to save my life. On the other hand, my wife was raised democrat. "Good times"
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #11
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

U2, here is a transcript:
http://www.c-span.org/executive/tran...dmin&year=2006

all in all, one of his better SOU speeches. he has changed his position on higher mandatory fuel standards, which will help cut oil consumption over the long term.

the proposal on helping uninsured via tax credits, paid for by taxing insurance benefits, is creative. not sure if it will actually work tho.

he is going to get a ton of opposition from his own party on his immigration proposals....

he was very gracious to the other side of the aisle.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 AM   #12
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I'm a Twenty-Eight percenter.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:44 AM   #13
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Nancy Pelosi was blinking at about 25-30 blinks per minute.
Cheney was at about 3 or 4

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/blo...580006558.html

Best SOTU Bush has given. Maybe it's a "what've I got to lose" attitude. I wish he'd said a lot of that stuff a year ago.

"Whatever you voted for, it wasn't for failure."

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 01-24-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #14
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

http://www.whitehouse.gov/stateofthe...07/index.html#

Click media Icon under the Webcast picture at the upper right.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
I'm a Twenty-Eight percenter.
Boo-Yah!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #16
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Boo-Yah!
Doc, I would vote for YOU for President before I would the current occupant of the White House. I wish McCain had won in 2000 back when I respected him and his ideals.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:53 AM   #17
Motofoto

Motofoto will become famous soon enough

Did anyone see Dikembe Mutombo sitting next to the first lady? Not too crazy about the team he is on but what he is doing in the Democratic Republic of Congo is really awesome.
Motofoto is offline   Reply With Quote