Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-10-2007, 01:15 AM   #1
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold
Default Cowboys Off-season Thread

So far Mike Zimmer has left the Cowboys for the Falcons.

What do you guys think we need to address this off-season?

Well first i think we should improve our O-line any of the following guys could help: Leonard Davis, Max Starks, and Mike Gandy.

Second, we have to address the free safety, Watkins just doesn't cut it for me.

And lastly, we gotta make a great draft pick, maybe someone that can help us in the secondary.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:21 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

And what is TO going to do without the crazy woman he just fired as his publicist?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:39 AM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Clean house - this team sucks.

Upon closer inspection... Barber, Newman, and Witten are keepers. Everybody else sucks.

Last edited by capitalcity; 01-10-2007 at 01:43 AM.
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If Parcells is staying, you need a 3-4 guru to run this defense.

There was a note in the paper the other day that Rivera is having an MRI and may need back surgery again. That would probably mean the end of his career. He was pretty bad this past season anyway, so he needs to be replaced.

Colombo and Gurode need to be resigned. If Rivera is upgraded, I'm fine with the OLine.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-10-2007 at 08:24 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:36 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If Parcells is staying, you need a 3-4 guru to run this defense.
Let's hope Bill doesn't stay. I want a coach with some passion and invention, this game has passed him by. If he does though, then get a guru.

Quote:
There was a note in the paper the other day that Rivera is having an MRI and may need back surgery again. That would probably mean the end of his career. He was pretty bad this past season anyway, so he needs to be replaced.
Agreed he needs to be replaced, and maybe Flo as well.

Quote:
Colombo and Gurode need to be resigned. If Rivera is upgraded, I'm fine with the OLine.
Resign them, get a new RG, and I wouldn't be upset if you got two new ones on the left side of the line as well. They were weak this year.

Kosier was OK at getting to the second level and pulling, but wasn't that good pass blocking or run blocking when someone was lined up over him.
Flo has lost a step with his knees and can't handle the speed guys.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:54 AM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget, Bill's pet project, Pat McQuistan started being activated for the games towards the end of the season.

If they want to get rid of Flo, he'll be in the mix to take over, I think.

I'm fine with Kosier. He has his weaknesses, but overall I think he did a good job.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 01-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Something has to be done with Roy Williams. He's almost to the point to where he's one of the biggest liabilities on the team. Let me rephrase that. He is one of the biggest liabilities on team. He's also one of the biggest playmakers. Something has to be done to get the guy out of coverage more often. I'm not sure what can be done, because safeties have to cover in this league. Hell, I don't even know if the guy can cover well enouigh to play linebacker.. But, something has to be done.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Something has to be done with Roy Williams. He's almost to the point to where he's one of the biggest liabilities on the team. Let me rephrase that. He is one of the biggest liabilities on team. He's also one of the biggest playmakers. Something has to be done to get the guy out of coverage more often. I'm not sure what can be done, because safeties have to cover in this league. Hell, I don't even know if the guy can cover well enouigh to play linebacker.. But, something has to be done.
Get a better pass rush, and you'll be able to hide him better. That's a start.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a start, but I don't think it's nearly enough. The guy is miserable in coverage. Team's are going to relentlessly attack the guy next season like they did for much of this.. only more.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

1st Mock Draft from Scouts Inc's Todd McShay

Much will change in the coming months, as underclassmen officially declare and players take part in postseason all-star games, individual workouts and the scouting combine, but here is our initial first-round mock for the 2007 NFL draft:
x -- Still to be determined by coin flip
y -- Still to be determined by playoffs
+ -- Underclassman

1. Oakland Raiders (2-14)
Projected pick: +JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
Russell vs. Brady Quinn? Let the great debate begin. Most teams have Quinn ahead of Russell, but Raiders owner Al Davis could fall in love with Russell's size and deep arm.

2. Detroit (3-13)
Projected pick: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
The Lions will be stoked if Quinn falls to them at No. 2. Wouldn't it be great, though, if Matt Millen takes another wide receiver (Calvin Johnson) with this pick?

3t. x-Cleveland (4-12)
Projected pick: +Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
The Browns want Russell with this pick, but they'll settle for a 330-pound playmaker to help solidify Romeo Crennel's three-man defensive front.

3t. x-Tampa Bay (4-12)
Projected pick: +Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
The Bucs have other more pressing needs, but coach Jon Gruden can't pass on the draft's most dynamic offensive weapon.

5. Arizona (5-11)Projected pick: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
As usual, the Cardinals are a prime candidate to trade down. They should get lots of bidders if Thomas -- the only elite offensive lineman in this class -- is still available.

6. Washington (5-11)
Projected pick: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
Adams is a no-brainer for a Redskins defense that set a team record for the fewest sacks in a season (19) in 2006.

7. Minnesota (6-10)
Projected pick: +Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
It's hard to believe the Vikings still need defensive end help, but Erasmus James suffered a season-ending injury in the opener and Kenechi Udeze failed to notch a sack. Anderson is the complete package physically and he should capitalize on 13.5 sacks as a junior in 2006.

8. Houston (6-10)
Projected pick: +Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
Peterson is expected to make his decision to bolt for the NFL in the next few days. Drafting Peterson here would help to overshadow the Texans' colossal mistake of passing on Reggie Bush with the top overall pick last year.

9. Miami (6-10)
Projected pick: Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
The Dolphins could consider QB Brian Brohm with this pick, but they also could go the free-agency route in order to get short-term relief. Hall would be a good value here and would help upgrade a patchwork secondary.

10. Atlanta (7-9)
Projected pick: LaRon Landry, S, LSU
Landry is a ball-hawk free safety who would instantly upgrade the athleticism of the Falcons secondary.

11. San Francisco (7-9)
Projected pick: +Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
Dorsey might not fall this far, but the 49ers certainly wouldn't protest such a scenario. Dorsey is a disruptive force as a one-gap penetrating interior lineman.

12. Buffalo (7-9)
Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
Projected pick: The Bills have more pressing needs, including cornerback and middle linebacker. However, Okoye is a fast-rising 19-year-old with great potential.

13. St. Louis (8-8)
Projected pick: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
Carriker, a quick and powerful 290-pound defensive end, could be a good complement opposite DE Leonard Little.

14. Carolina (8-8)
Projected pick: +Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
The Panthers need help at middle linebacker, left tackle, safety and tight end, but it also might be time to address life after QB Jake Delhomme. If Brohm elects to leave school early, he should be taken somewhere between picks No. 10 and 20.

15. Pittsburgh (8-8)
Projected pick: Quentin Moses, DE/OLB, Georgia
Moses' stock is dropping after a subpar senior year, but it will spike once he works out at the combine next month.

16. Green Bay (8-8)
Projected pick: +Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
QB Brett Favre could help maximize Lynch's explosiveness and versatility if they're working in the same backfield in 2007.

17. Jacksonville (8-8)
Projected pick: +Ted Ginn Jr., WR/RS, Ohio State
Ginn Jr. has a tough decision to make after injuring his ankle in the first quarter of the BCS title game. Assuming he turns pro, the Jaguars could use his speed. Despite spending first-round picks on the position in 2004 (Reggie Williams) and 2005 (Matt Jones), no Jaguar finished in the NFL's top 50 in catches.

18. Cincinnati (8-8)
Projected pick: Tank Tyler, DT, N.C. State
Tyler had a monster season as a senior, and his combination of power and quickness would help upgrade the Bengals' ailing defensive front.

19. Tennessee (8-8)
Projected pick: +Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
Jarrett is a dynamic playmaker with extraordinary hand-eye coordination, but he might not run well enough to land a spot in the top 15. However, the former Trojans receiver could make quite a team with the former Longhorns quarterback (Vince Young) in Tennessee.

20. N.Y. Giants (8-8)
Projected pick: +Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
The Giants must upgrade their cover-corner situation, and Revis displays the athleticism and ball skills to fit their needs. Revis will compete for the second cornerback taken behind Hall in this year's class.

21. Denver (9-7)
Projected pick: Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal
The tragic passing of Darrent Williams will force the Broncos to re-evaluate their personnel needs this offseason.

22. Dallas (9-7)
Projected pick: +Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
Nelson, a speedy center fielder with excellent ball skills, would provide an ideal complement next to hard-hitting S Roy Williams.

23. Kansas City (9-7)
Projected pick: +Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
Rice's draft stock could fluctuate greatly depending on his postseason workouts. Assuming he grades out as a late first-round prospect, the Chiefs would welcome his pass-catching services on the perimeter.

24. y-New England (from Seattle)
Projected pick: +Jarvis Moss, DE/OLB, Florida
Moss is an undersized pass-rushing end who would fit well as an outside linebacker in the Patriots' 3-4 defensive scheme. Plus, Bill Belichick obviously has a thing for Gators players.

25. y-N.Y. Jets (10-6)
Projected pick: Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn
Irons' draft stock is plummeting after a disappointing senior campaign. However, don't be surprised if he works his way back into the first round by running well and checking out physically at next month's combine. The Jets might be desperate enough to take a gamble.

26. y-New Orleans (10-6)
Projected pick: Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
The Saints need lots of help on defense, and selecting McCauley would be a step in the right direction. McCauley is raw but he's also a 6-foot-1 cornerback with 4.3-second speed in the 40-yard dash.

27. y-Philadelphia (10-6)
Projected pick: +Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida State
Timmons is unpolished, but he's a big hitter with great speed for his size.

28. y-New England (12-4)
Projected pick: Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame
Samardzija could easily slip out of the first round due to his desire to play both baseball (Cubs) and football professionally. The Patriots should be "in the know" thanks to their old buddy Charlie Weis.

29. y-Indianapolis (12-4)
Projected pick: Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss
The Colts' run defense was abysmal during the regular season, so drafting a one-man wrecking crew like Willis makes a lot of sense with this pick. Willis notched 265 tackles during his final three seasons at Ole Miss.

30. y-Chicago (13-3)
Projected pick: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
Brown could slip after a disappointing senior season, but it's still tough to find a tackle with his combination of size and agility.

31. y-Baltimore (13-3)
Projected pick: LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan
The Ravens could use a youth influx at linebacker, and Woodley would be a good fit thanks to his experience playing in a similar hybrid 3-4/4-3 defensive scheme at Michigan.

32. y-San Diego (14-2)
Projected pick: Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
A young weapon like Bowe at wide receiver could take an already-potent Chargers offense to the next level
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

if adrian peterson really falls to 8 we need to seriously consider moving up to get him. I would give up JJ and the cowboys first to move up to there. Not sure that would work but i would definitely offer it. I would LOVE to get Calvin johnson but i dont see how we could come close to pulling it off unless we could cash in on roy williams name value and deal him and a first for a top pick and even then it would be hard to pass on thomas... Ill have my thoughts on who we should draft in a more realistic way later. I still think this would be a lot easier draft to go into it if we just had marcus mcneal and jonathon scott instead of fasano and Green... Oh well...
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, I figured Peterson would be a top 3 pick. If he's not, it's probably because of concerns about his durability.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:06 AM   #13
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

remove TO.

get an O-Line.

get a secondary.

get a new RE and LE.

get new LBs. Or at least get them to figure out what they're doing.

get a new RB. Barber can't cut it by himself.

get a new coach. i don't know who, which is what scares me.

keep the QB.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:08 AM   #14
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
he's not big enough for LB. shoot, he isn't fast enough either. which is sad...he can't even cover a TE.

i say, with his rep around the league, you could get a few good players by trading him. everyone else in the league just thinks he's dandy, so play up that impression and get some more guys.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 AM   #15
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Clean house - this team sucks.

Upon closer inspection... Barber, Newman, and Witten are keepers. Everybody else sucks.
ROMO.

just don't let him hold for gramatica.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:11 AM   #16
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

http://www.cowboysplus.com/columnist...r.321df57.html

This article says that Parcells is leaning toward naming Todd Bowles and Paul Pasqualoni co-coordinators. In that scenario, Bowles would handle the pass defense and Pasqualoni the run defense.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
http://www.cowboysplus.com/columnist...r.321df57.html

This article says that Parcells is leaning toward naming Todd Bowles and Paul Pasqualoni co-coordinators. In that scenario, Bowles would handle the pass defense and Pasqualoni the run defense.
This is really disappointing to me if it happens. We need someone to come in a shake up the defense, not keep the status quo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
he's not big enough for LB. shoot, he isn't fast enough either. which is sad...he can't even cover a TE.

i say, with his rep around the league, you could get a few good players by trading him. everyone else in the league just thinks he's dandy, so play up that impression and get some more guys.
hes definitely fast enough to be an lb. His coverage skills would be average or slightly below for a linebacker but he is definitely fast enough to be a lb. I think alot of you guys are SERIOUSLY overreacting. This was the most talented team in the nfc this year. It underachieved due to poor oline play and poor coaching. Fix those two things and i think you would be suprised how good this team looks. A pass rush is a must too.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #19
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I don't understand Bill's fascination with co-coordinators. Pick a guy and put him in charge of you're defense.

Dick LeBeau is out there now. That should be his first call.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I don't understand Bill's fascination with co-coordinators. Pick a guy and put him in charge of you're defense.

Dick LeBeau is out there now. That should be his first call.
He doesn't want anyone that will be given credit instead of him if things go well.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #21
TexasSportsFan4

TexasSportsFan4 is on a distinguished road

I think we need to get rid of TO. Our offense will likely suffer, but I cannot stand him.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #22
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
hes definitely fast enough to be an lb. His coverage skills would be average or slightly below for a linebacker but he is definitely fast enough to be a lb. I think alot of you guys are SERIOUSLY overreacting. This was the most talented team in the nfc this year. It underachieved due to poor oline play and poor coaching. Fix those two things and i think you would be suprised how good this team looks. A pass rush is a must too.
i disagree.

they underachieved because they were never as good as anyone wanted them to be.

the defense has ONE playmaker on it, Ware, and he's still a young 'un.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:17 AM   #23
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Peterson's stock is probably hindered because he can't make it through an entire season. Now, if the Cowboys can get him for JJ + a late first, I'd do it. Maybe he'll be injured 8 games a year for the rest of his career, but the other 8 would still be great games probably.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:32 AM   #24
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Veteran players are undervalued on draft day so Julius and our #1 won't come close to getting us high enough to take Peterson.

I don't have the chart in from of me but it'll probably take out number one and our number two if that.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #25
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
i disagree.

they underachieved because they were never as good as anyone wanted them to be.

the defense has ONE playmaker on it, Ware, and he's still a young 'un.
this team has more than one playmaker on defense. I dont like roy but he does make plays. (he just gives up a bunch too) Outside of the ravens and bears what Ds have a whole bunch of playmakers? The offense has several playmakers(to, glenn, Witten, romo, barber). this team has talent.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #26
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this team has more than one playmaker on defense. I dont like roy but he does make plays. (he just gives up a bunch too) Outside of the ravens and bears what Ds have a whole bunch of playmakers? The offense has several playmakers(to, glenn, Witten, romo, barber). this team has talent.
i agree with you bro
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #27
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

the boys need to draft positions in this order of importance

new defensive lineman.
a playmaker WR to replace Glenn.
new o-linemen
maybe a late round safety.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #28
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
the boys need to draft positions in this order of importance

new defensive lineman.
a playmaker WR to replace Glenn.
new o-linemen
maybe a late round safety.
i'd rather see a first round safety, why would they replace glenn? new o-line is a must. the D line isn't totally bad...Jason Ferguson has played pretty well. Canty and Spears are busts, i think.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #29
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

glenn is getting up there in age isnt he? it seems like he has lost a step. either that or they just arent throwing to him any more. although crayton could do the job. but after him there isnt much depth.

you may be right about the d-line, although I think they need a reliable backup 3-4 lineman. carpenter is just too small.

I dont feel like waiting another year on a rookie safety. maybe they need to sign an elite veteran.

I certainly agree that they need some new offensive linemen. some guys that can push back the dline and give julius a better chance to find some holes. cause when he finds a hole he usually goes for 15 yards.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
i'd rather see a first round safety, why would they replace glenn? new o-line is a must. the D line isn't totally bad...Jason Ferguson has played pretty well. Canty and Spears are busts, i think.
canty was a 4th round pick. he is anything but a bust.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #31
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

In order of importance:

1. I would cut TO

2. I would cut TO

3. I would burn everything that jackass touched
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:05 PM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
In order of importance:

1. I would cut TO

2. I would cut TO

3. I would burn everything that jackass touched
this team would get worse, this team would get worse.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Sounds like Henry will be the FS next year.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #34
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Sounds like Henry will be the FS next year.
whose gonna be the other corner?
Old 01-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #35
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
whose gonna be the other corner?
aaron glenn, a draft pick, or a FA.. :P

but murph, are you just making up the henry moving to FS or did you hear it from somewhere?
Old 01-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #36
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
aaron glenn, a draft pick, or a FA.. :P

but murph, are you just making up the henry moving to FS or did you hear it from somewhere?
if aaron glenn goes into next year as a starting corner, we can go ahead and plan on a top 12 pick.

One thing about the draft pick, if we are going to continue to pour first round picks into this defense it has GOT to get better. With all of the resources poured into it, the defense should be great.

First round picks on the defense, Roy, tnew, ware, spears, carpenter, ellis

huge FA investments, Ferguson, Henry

thats 8 huge investments. there are only 11 people on the dang defense and most are planning on ANOTHER first round pick for the d this year.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #37
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I believe Jerry told Norm on the Ticket this past week that Henry was a big possibility for FS next season. I did'nt hear the interview but that's why I've heard.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

Thig, you're right. It was mentioned in the Jerry Jones/Norm Hitzges convo on the ticket.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #39
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
if aaron glenn goes into next year as a starting corner, we can go ahead and plan on a top 12 pick.

One thing about the draft pick, if we are going to continue to pour first round picks into this defense it has GOT to get better. With all of the resources poured into it, the defense should be great.

First round picks on the defense, Roy, tnew, ware, spears, carpenter, ellis

huge FA investments, Ferguson, Henry

thats 8 huge investments. there are only 11 people on the dang defense and most are planning on ANOTHER first round pick for the d this year.
Not to mention Aydele who they signed to a 5 year contract with a $5MM bouns and James who they extended for 5 year and handed an $8MM bonus.

Those guys are solid agains the run but when we try to bring pressure up the middle, they always get caught in traffic.

Last edited by dirno2000; 01-14-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #40
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Not to mention Aydele who they signed to a 5 year contract with a $5MM bouns and James who they extended for 5 year and handed an $8MM bonus.
or hatcher whom they used a 3rd round pick on or.... the cowboys have invested way to much in this defense for it not to be any better than it is.