Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
littlelibo

littlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the rough
Default Lebron

Let me start by saying that last night was awesome!!!! I love Lebron and I think the people who call him soft are losers.

But, if the Cavs had lost it would have been 100% Lebron's fault. He missed 3 free throws in a row at the in the colsing moments of regulation that allowed Detroit to force overtime. When Dirk does this, he is a choker.

I think both Lebron and Dirk are incredible players. The fact that they are not selfish is part of their charm. Dirk and Lebron like to involve their teammates. They want the team to be successful more than they care about individual honors. Sometimes it is a problem because they do not realize that at times, they need to be selfish. They need to put the team on their back and dominate. For players like Kobe or DWade it is easy because it is no different than what they do all game every game. For Dirk and Lebron, it is against their nature, but it is needed. Flipping that switch is difficult, but Lebron did it last night. Dirk did it last year against Phoenix.

Given the choice of who to root for, I would take Dirk and Lebron every day.
littlelibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

go mavs
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about lebron?

Anyone?.... No?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #4
MavzManiacz

MavzManiacz will become famous soon enoughMavzManiacz will become famous soon enough

If you didn't care about the game last night, then you are just a serious mavs homer instead of a person who loves the game of basketball. Last night was a performance we haven't seen in a very long time. James REFUSED to lose that game last night. The 3 times he gave the ball up, his teammates could not finish. He did what every fan of Dallas wants and expects Dirk to do.

I really hope Dirk learns from this off-season and comes back improved in the right areas for next season. I think he will because he is that type of player who works in the off-season in order to improve his game. However this off-season homework should be completely mental and not physical. Come back pissed-off, screw the other team's defense, and ready to do whatever it takes to carry your team to a championship!
MavzManiacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Was there a basketball game last night?

And pretty bad form for a knucklehead with 12 posts to come on and rag on message board fans. State your case or hush-up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-01-2007 at 03:01 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzManiacz
If you didn't care about the game last night, then you are just a serious mavs homer instead of a person who loves the game of basketball. Last night was a performance we haven't seen in a very long time. James REFUSED to lose that game last night. The 3 times he gave the ball up, his teammates could not finish. He did what every fan of Dallas wants and expects Dirk to do.

I really hope Dirk learns from this off-season and comes back improved in the right areas for next season. I think he will because he is that type of player who works in the off-season in order to improve his game. However this off-season homework should be completely mental and not physical. Come back pissed-off, screw the other team's defense, and ready to do whatever it takes to carry your team to a championship!
You should go to www.cleveland-cavs.com and post in the General Cavs Discussion section.

Last edited by jacktruth; 06-01-2007 at 03:04 PM.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
MavzManiacz

MavzManiacz will become famous soon enoughMavzManiacz will become famous soon enough

Wow, guess I didn't realize that I was "ragging" on anyone to begin with. Just stating that I thought it was one of the best basketball performances in years. And I believe I did state that in my post. I try to keep posts short and to the point so that noone has to read for 30 minutes.

And calling someone a serious mavs homer is something bad??? I started to put "whether that is good or bad is up to you" but I decided not to keep it short. You seem very willing to call me out on something that I don't think I did.

Basically, my point was that Lebron James did everything he possibly could to win the game in last night's stellar performance. And my second point was that I hope Dirk follows this ... which I also stated I believe he would. And you are the one that is doing the ragging, not me.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
MavzManiacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
You should go to www.cleveland-cavs.com and post in the General Cavs Discussion section.
Given that I am new to this board ( at least post-wise ), we are not allowed to talk about other teams or players? Just trying to get an understanding of what is expected on this board.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Given that I am new to this board ( at least post-wise ), we are not allowed to talk about other teams or players? Just trying to get an understanding of what is expected on this board.
quote: "If you didn't care about the game last night, then you are just a serious mavs homer instead of a person who loves the game of basketball."

Antecedent is true for most Mavs fans here so the consequent is that you are calling most Mavs fans on this forum homers that dont like the game.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-01-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #10
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
If you didn't care about the game last night, then you are just a serious mavs homer instead of a person who loves the game of basketball.
And what exactly is wrong with that? Can you tell me? I haven't watched one game of basketball since the Mavs went out because I have better things to do now. If the Mavs left the NBA I wouldn't have a need to watch it.

This makes me a bad person? If so, why? What does it hurt?
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #11
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
You're welcome to. The point I was trying to make is that we have an Around the NBA section that is great for things like this. You can post here all you like, but it would be great if you read some of the guidlines of the board, that's all. Welcome.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #12
MavzManiacz

Those are really big words ... I'll have to guess at their their definitions since I don't want to take the time to look them up.

Basically, you are saying that I said he was a serious mavs homer and doesn't like the game. I guess being 100% critical, you are correct in your analysis of my words. Is this better?

If you didn't care about the game last night, then you are just a serious mavs homer instead of also being a person who loves the game of basketball.

To attempt to further clarify my statement, basically there is nothing wrong with being a serious mavs homer. But, I would also expect the people on this board to be fans of the game also.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
MavzManiacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by come_on_now
And what exactly is wrong with that? Can you tell me? I haven't watched one game of basketball since the Mavs went out because I have better things to do now. If the Mavs left the NBA I wouldn't have a need to watch it.

This makes me a bad person? If so, why? What does it hurt?
see above ...
Old 06-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #14
MavzManiacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
You're welcome to. The point I was trying to make is that we have an Around the NBA section that is great for things like this. You can post here all you like, but it would be great if you read some of the guidlines of the board, that's all. Welcome.
I agree that this is not in the correct place. However, I didn't start the thread. I only tried to add my thoughts on the subject.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #15
jacktruth
Golden Member

This reminds me of picking weeds from my yard or seperating the lima beans in my vegetable medly, or spitting the seeds from my watermelon, or the shells from my sunflower seeds, or driving over speedbumps, or many other distasteful things in life that stand in the way of really good stuff.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #16
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i love lebron as well..in the east i like the cavs...
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #17
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

Those of you disagreeing with the thread starter are some serious pricks. Let the guy speak his mind. He's 100% correct when he says the game was one of the best in recent memory. If you can't enjoy that then you are not a basketball or NBA fan, you are just a Mavericks fan. As much as I love the Mavs and don't fully enjoy watching the playoffs as I would have if we were still in, I still like to tune in and "hope" for a good game... and that's what I got last night.

Now chill out and stop attacking all the people. I don't usually post on here but seeing people get attacked over and over just because some people on here think they are superior is starting to annoy the shit out of me.

Now someone please post a 1000 word reply like many of you like to do. Get to the point instead of dragging it out to where it takes an hour to read through a whole thread.

Last edited by Dortmund; 06-01-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Dortmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you can't appreciate basketball excellence, why would you care whether the Mavs were any good themselves?

If you aren't interested in conference championship basketball, why would you care whether the Mavs played in a conference finals?

That game last night was one for the ages, and it's a crying shame that any basketball fan would have missed it out of lack of interest.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #19
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us are Dirk fans.
Some of us are Mavs fans.
Some of us are basketball fans.

Last night was a cool night for basketball fans. Respect, Lebron!

What you did for the Cavs every fan hopes a player on their team can do.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #20
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk dropped 50 IN THE SAME GAME last year and no one was kissing his ass.

So why should we kiss lebrons?

Oh, and the Dirkster's 50 came exactly a year ago today.

If only we could go back...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

you can also dislike a team and still be a basketball fan. Im not all that fond of watching Detroir play and Cleveland doesnt thrill me. I guess that just makes me a Mavs homer.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #22
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
see above ...
To be fair, I don't think you really meant your statement the way it came off. It really sounded like a black and white generalization and I think that's why you got the response from me and others that you got. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because that's what I would want in your situation. I think I know what you mean.

But to clarify and add to my position:

What you could say is that maybe some Mavs fans don't love basketball as much as you do enough to make sure they always block out the evening for Eastern Conference playoffs every time they come on. This very well may be true. If so, more power to you. But it doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Some people just don't have the luxery to committ weeknights to EC basketball the way they may want to, especially those of us that have families and jobs we already put off enough for Mavericks basketball. And some people just aren't interested by the match-up enough to block out their schedules for it (that would be me). It doesn't mean they don't love the game.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The only issue is where he decided to start the thread.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #24
come_on_now

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If you can't appreciate basketball excellence, why would you care whether the Mavs were any good themselves?
Very true!

Quote:
If you aren't interested in conference championship basketball, why would you care whether the Mavs played in a conference finals?
I don't have to go to Siberia to tell you it's cold there and I don't have to watch every Spurs and Jazz game to tell you that this series is one you really want to be in. Besides, we've seen other teams play in this series for 24 out of the 27 Mavericks seasons so we don't really need a refresher on why it's such a rare opportunity and a great series to be in.

Quote:
That game last night was one for the ages, and it's a crying shame that any basketball fan would have missed it out of lack of interest.
Basketball history is jam packed with examples of this in the playoffs. There will always be another. I was bummed I missed it for about 60 seconds until I saw the highlights. That's all I really need to see from a game with two teams I have no attatchment to. That does me just fine.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund
Now chill out and stop attacking all the people. I don't usually post on here but seeing people get attacked over and over just because some people on here think they are superior is starting to annoy the shit out of me.
I would imagine that if he didn't come out with a superior holier-than-thou(compared to his pure basketball love) no one (me) would have said two twits about it.

And annoying the **** out of you is worth the price of admission.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #26
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk dropped 50 in regulation.
LBJ scored 48 in two OTs.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
you can also dislike a team and still be a basketball fan. Im not all that fond of watching Detroir play and Cleveland doesnt thrill me. I guess that just makes me a Mavs homer.
AND not a REAL basketball fan. Pshaw.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by come_on_now
Some people just don't have the luxery to committ weeknights to EC basketball the way they may want to, especially those of us that have families and jobs we already put off enough for Mavericks basketball. And some people just aren't interested by the match-up enough to block out their schedules for it (that would be me). It doesn't mean they don't love the game.
And some don't really care that much if their own team isn't in it, so what. To each their own.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #29
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Great performance from Bron. I'm not so sure about one of the greatest performances in league history though. I have been reading that bs all day long...putting this game right behind Magic's game in 1980 and things like that.

Didn't Dirk drop 50 in a win last postseason (no OT). In the 1995 WCF Hakeem dropped 40 on Robinson and Rodman (both DPOY winners) three times. Bron had a great game but get off his peter some......
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #30
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Was there a basketball game last night?

And pretty bad form for a knucklehead with 12 posts to come on and rag on message board fans. State your case or hush-up.
He was right, doesn't matter how many posts he has. He got good rep from that post from me.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The point total (48) in itself has very little to do with it. It's the fact that he scored every point for his team from the eight-minute mark on, and that he basically singlehandedly overcame a very good defensive team on their own home floor. And that they would have been facing almost certain elimination, you would think, if they had lost the game.

Dirk's game was a brilliant one, to be sure. But the circumstances were not quite the same.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #32
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
The point total (48) in itself has very little to do with it. It's the fact that he scored every point for his team from the eight-minute mark on, and that he basically singlehandedly overcame a very good defensive team on their own home floor. And that they would have been facing almost certain elimination, you would think, if they had lost the game.

Dirk's game was a brilliant one, to be sure. But the circumstances were not quite the same.
I don't see how it is much different. Points are points. I don't recall the Dirk game off the top of my head, but y'all won that game by 16 points. I would say Dirk's 50 was just as important. I guess I don't put more value in scoring all the teams points in a row if it takes you more time to drop less points than another dude dropped in a blowout win. Obviously both players were unstoppable....

Wow...can't believe I'm defendinr Dirk, lol.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #33
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Points are not points. 2 points in the opening minutes of the game are not the same as a game winning 2 point buzzer beater. Lebron hit every big shot such as that.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 06-01-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

"More time to drop less points" might be something of a misnomer. I don't have a box score in front of me. What was the final score of the game? LeBron may have scored more points per team possession than Dirk did. I'm just guess here...figuring that the Mavs and Suns were inclined to play at a faster pace than the Cavs and Pistons.

But again, I don't think it matters much what the actual points-scored numbers were. What, evidently, you had last night was a case of the entire rest of Lebron's team not being much of an offensive threat and Lebron having to put them on his back, so to speak. Often in the recent past, the Mavs have been in a situation where if one guy's not scoring a load that night the other one is. Think Terry going off for thirty-point games. Think back to Finley and Van Exel doing the same. Of think about the Suns scoring big with either Amare or Nash when they played against us.

Clearly--at least to me--Lebron was in a markedly different situation last night.

I don't say any of this to diminish Dirk's brilliant game last year. I'm just saying that it is entirely understandable why someone would be inclined to put Lebron's game among the all-time great performances.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #35
kingmalaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Points are not points. 2 points in the opening minutes of the game are not the same as a game winning 2 point buzzer beater. Lebron hit every big shot such as that.
So Dirk didn't hit every big shot in the rout of Pho during that game. Even if he scored all of his points during the blowout then sat down I would still say his points were just as crucial to his team getting that win.

And Bron didn't hit evety big shot. Didn't he miss some freebies at the end of regulation which is how the game got to OT in the first place?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #36
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

You know what, you're a Rockets homer defending Dirk. I'm just going to let you win this one.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #37
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

... and he's only 22... that's what we heard about Tiger Woods a lot early in his career (they share the same birthday btw., scary...)

What I like most about this game is that it shows what pathetic person Kobe is. With a mediocre team around him LeBron beats the Pistons, while Kobe is making headlines complaining about how bad his team is. What a loser.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #38
kingmalaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
You know what, you're a Rockets homer defending Dirk. I'm just going to let you win this one.
Funny....

I'm not defending Dirk per se. I'm just not so sure about the hype I am reading surrounding last nights game. I'm reading reports of dudes putting the game right behind Magic's game in his rookie season. I'm thinking of comparable games off the top of my head (i.e. the Dirk game, Hakeems three 40+ games against Robinson....even more admirable since he is a center and has to be "given" the ball). I even recall KG's 30 point, 19 board, 4 dime game against the Lakers in game 5 of the 2004 WCF, where both of his PG's were hurt and he had to be the #1 option defensively. Duncan's 20, 20, 10, 8 game in the Finals (elimination game).

Top 5 all time? Just look at the top 10 from these NBA Finals games.

http://www.nba.com/finals2004/greate...formances.html
Old 06-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #39
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Both performances were great, the difference is Lebron did it this year and he's the NBA's baby... so its going down as one of the greatest performances ever.

Dirks 50 point night against Phoenix in regulation just isn't the same because the game wasn't close... you know why it wasn't close? Because Dirk made sure it didn't get close. The Mavs were behind for a while in that game and Dirk made sure they kept they lead when they got it, ALL of his points were just as crucial.

And lets not forget Dirks clutch and one against SA in game seven, thats imo more clutch than Lebrons performance here, the difference being Dirks team was seconds away from elimination in a game 7. The point is Lebron deserves credit for that performance, but we've seen similar impressive feats that haven't gone down as historic. This performance is historic because its King James, not Dirk.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #40
kingmalaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Both performances were great, the difference is Lebron did it this year and he's the NBA's baby... so its going down as one of the greatest performances ever.

Dirks 50 point night against Phoenix in regulation just isn't the same because the game wasn't close... you know why it wasn't close? Because Dirk made sure it didn't get close. The Mavs were behind for a while in that game and Dirk made sure they kept they lead when they got it, ALL of his points were just as crucial.

And lets not forget Dirks clutch and one against SA in game seven, thats imo more clutch than Lebrons performance here, the difference being Dirks team was seconds away from elimination in a game 7. The point is Lebron deserves credit for that performance, but we've seen similar impressive feats that haven't gone down as historic. This performance is historic because its King James, not Dirk.
Agreed. Just saying great game but get off his nutsack......

Ok, I have met my pro Dirk quote for the year.