Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dallas Cowboys @ Chicago Bears - Game 3

Grossman must complement the Chicago 'D'
Time: 7:15PM CST
TV: NBC
Line: Chicago by 3

Scouts Inc.: This matchup pits two of the best teams in the NFC against each other, with the story for Dallas being an offense that has put up 82 combined points over the first two weeks of the season. Chicago's defense has been equally impressive, though, holding LaDainian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson to 80 combined rushing yards during the first two weeks. But in the end the onus will be on Bears QB Rex Grossman to prove he can produce enough points on offense and avoid turning the ball over.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #2
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Damn it! I betted on the bears for accident lol.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Our defense will score a touchdown (Ware or Bradie James).
Witten and Julius Jones will score the other two for 27-10 victory for the cowboys.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking TNew will be playing...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Worst part of Austin during the NBA season = Everybody here is a freaking Spurs fan

Best part of Austin during the NFL sesason = Everybody here LOVES the Cowboys

=]

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

tnew will play.

reason being, the bears offense sucks.. good game to warm up in =]

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #7
alby
Guru

Great part of being a Cowboys fan = they are on national tv ALOT

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i've driven about seven gillion miles this week and that's given me the opportunity to listen to the nfl network on the sirius and think alot on the cowboys.....

not too remarkably, I still don't know what to think....

my concerns about this team are quite similar to my concerns about last year's team.....

a) they're really soft;
b) their d isn't underperforming, it's just nothing special.

it's gonna be interesting to see them go against a team with a defense and a running game this week.....
Old 09-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #9
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
i've driven about seven gillion miles this week and that's given me the opportunity to listen to the nfl network on the sirius and think alot on the cowboys.....

not too remarkably, I still don't know what to think....

my concerns about this team are quite similar to my concerns about last year's team.....

a) they're really soft;
b) their d isn't underperforming, it's just nothing special.

it's gonna be interesting to see them go against a team with a defense and a running game this week.....
the bears don't have much of a running game. that was 06...this is 07.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #10
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

good point...maybe it won't be that interesting....

.....take Charles Haley....in contrast to any current player on the 'boys D, he was actually something special.

interesting question....what unit from this team would you prefer over the '90's version???

maybe the linebackers (but not by much, and even then it's more a nod to depth than specialness), and probably the punter.....I really can't think of any other unit that comes close.

maybe it's not fair to compare this team to those teams, but I think it points out that this is an organization with a long way to go........

Last edited by alexamenos; 09-20-2007 at 08:07 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #11
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Worst part of Austin during the NBA season = Everybody here is a freaking Spurs fan

Best part of Austin during the NFL sesason = Everybody here LOVES the Cowboys

=]
I got here after the Mavs were done, so I never needed to find a place. Is there a good spot for Mavs games anywhere around here?

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
I got here after the Mavs were done, so I never needed to find a place. Is there a good spot for Mavs games anywhere around here?
Yeah... at a friends house that has League Pass.

edit: OR... every single bar/restaurant with a TV in Austin if they are playing the Spurs. ditto on that if they are playing the Rockets on a night the Spurs are not playing.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-20-2007 at 09:00 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #13
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Ya know Chaff, it could be worse - you could live in San Antonio.

League Pass is your friend....and my friend, too.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #14
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
good point...maybe it won't be that interesting....

.....take Charles Haley....in contrast to any current player on the 'boys D, he was actually something special.
demarcus ware can be as good or better than haley.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i forgot how dirt poor i am, i only had 25 vcash to bet with. damn!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote