Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys (1/13/08 - 3:15PM CST)

Is the third time going to be a charm for New York? (OP's answer: Negative)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Info
TV: Fox
Time: 1/13/2008 - 3:15PM CST
Line: Dallas by 7.5
Scouts Inc.: The Cowboys have home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. They rested some key players in Week 17 and had last week to watch the first round of the playoffs from the comfort of their living rooms, while the Giants defeated Tampa Bay in the early game on Sunday. This will be the third meeting of the season between these NFC East rivals, with Dallas winning in both Week 1 and Week 10 by a combined 21 points. The Cowboys failed to score a touchdown in two of their last three games, but they should have WRs Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens and C Andre Gurode back for this matchup. Dallas clearly has one of the NFL's most dangerous offenses when healthy. Wade Phillips is 0-3 in the playoffs as a head coach, and though Dallas lost only three games during the regular season, two of those defeats came at home. Meanwhile, the Giants have just one road loss -- at Dallas -- and are very comfortable in someone else's building. These teams know one another extremely well, and with a berth in the NFC Championship Game on the line, won't hold anything back.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Lets list out The Giants Key injuries..so we know who wont be playing...

1.) Jeremy Shockey. Thank god he is hurt.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
Lets list out The Giants Key injuries..so we know who wont be playing...

1.) Jeremy Shockey. Thank god he is hurt.
Their Offense has IMPROVED without him playing. And that was against the Buccaneers AND the Patriots.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The Cowboys will win this game handily. Period.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
The Cowboys will win this game handily. Period.
r u sure???
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

***pushes chips to the center of the table***

ALL IN!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I got all my money (all 100 of it) on a Cowboy's blow out.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

ugh......'boys by a bakers dozen.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #9
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

I'm definitely all in...Eli will revert to being Eli. In his case, you are what you are and I expect him to be the dumb faced spare that he is. Our Cowboys haven't tasted victory in 3 weeks and they will be the hungry 1 ton king of the jungle pissed off gorilla putting it on those punks from ny and all those sorry pundits who are predicting the downfall of our Cowboys!
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is a tough thing, but can I please have my measley vcash.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

next year~~~~~~~~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote