Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all
Default Let´s play big...

New York wants to shake up again, so let´s take some of their knuckleheads ...

Dallas Trades

Jason Terry, Gana Diop, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George and Brandon Bass and maybe even a first rounder

for

Quentin Richardson, Eddy Curry, David Lee and Malik Rose

Quentin Richardson would make a nice combo with Josh Howard, Curry should be able to play Diops role or at least share minutes with Damp at the C (and if not we still have two bodies in Juwan Howard and Malik Rose to throw at opponents C´s) and David Lee is meant to split minutes behind Dirk and Howard.

Taking Rose and Curry off their hands is the reason New York should ponder that, they get Bass and Diop back talent wise and Terry might actually help them somehow.

Gives us a better mix and even some young talent (Curry, Lee) to justify the move, won´t you think?

Last edited by seelenjaeger; 02-12-2008 at 10:00 AM.
seelenjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

New York doesn't want to get rid of Lee, Robinson or Crawford and I doubt they're interested in Terry. Here is what I'd consider offering them for Curry. Not sure if I'd do it, though.

1) Gana Diop, Trenton Hassell, and George for Curry.

That gives New York a little more veteran experience and a defensive center. It gives us a low post option that doesn't have bricks for hands.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
New York doesn't want to get rid of Lee, Robinson or Crawford and I doubt they're interested in Terry. Here is what I'd consider offering them for Curry. Not sure if I'd do it, though.

That gives New York a little more veteran experience and a defensive center. It gives us a low post option that doesn't have bricks for hands.
I'd do that trade all day long. I expect Diop to leave via free agency this year anyway, and Hassell & George are easily replaceable spares on this team.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well, of course New York doesnt want to part with Lee, but there´s something you gotta give on either side.

I´m willing to do your proposed trade in a second aswell, but I doubt New York would do that either.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Should we keep Terry??
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Why do people around here want Curry? If we're going after one of their big men it should be Randolph, he's a 20-10 guy whereas Curry is just a 20 guy. Not to mention for some sick and twisted reason beyond my comprehension, Isah actually values Curry more than Randolph so he might be easier to pry away.

As far as Diop, Hassell, and George for Curry goes, we still make out like a winner. Isah might actually do that... they really do need defense.

Post play is a big part in winning a championship, and I keep fooling myself into thinking our offense is good enough withot one to pull it off. But I think it would be so much more fluent if we could just get that missing piece and my confidence in the Mavs success would sky rocket.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
Dor

Dor is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I would do it without thinking twice.
Dor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hey the dallas knicks!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

sold
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Why do people around here want Curry? If we're going after one of their big men it should be Randolph, he's a 20-10 guy whereas Curry is just a 20 guy. Not to mention for some sick and twisted reason beyond my comprehension, Isah actually values Curry more than Randolph so he might be easier to pry away.

As far as Diop, Hassell, and George for Curry goes, we still make out like a winner. Isah might actually do that... they really do need defense.

Post play is a big part in winning a championship, and I keep fooling myself into thinking our offense is good enough withot one to pull it off. But I think it would be so much more fluent if we could just get that missing piece and my confidence in the Mavs success would sky rocket.
Because he's a center, not a big small forward. We've got a forward on the team but no center that can catch the ball. Randolph would wind up playing with dirk, I'd much rather have curry playing with dirk. Bass can backup.

The more I think about this the more I like it. He's known as a bust but he's got much,much more offensive skills than any of our centers, ans he's a big dude. Me likey a LOT.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-12-2008 at 04:48 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

lets play petite, small, medium and large.

Last edited by skylive321; 02-12-2008 at 04:14 PM.
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Everyone in the league wants David Lee and the Knicks do not want to get rid of him. Randolph can be had but already the Knicks has turned down a Vince Carter trade and Carter isn't a bad player.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #13
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321
lets play petite, small, medium and large.
I believe that's Tall, Grande, and Venti, sir!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #14
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I believe that's Tall, Grande, and Venti, sir!
I stand corrected kind sir! I tip my hat to you like Emilio...
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #15
adirktotheheart
Banned

adirktotheheart has a spectacular aura aboutadirktotheheart has a spectacular aura about

Why would we want either Curry or Randolph? Both are among the absolutely worst defenders at their respective positions. Pair either with Dirk and we'd be absolutely brutalized in the paint every game against the likes of Duncan, Stoudemire, Yao, Shaq. Curry has to be the worst defensive C in the game. He's worse than Mark Blount and Jerome James.
adirktotheheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #16
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

The only Knick I want is Nate Robinson. I like him.

Last edited by Robillion; 02-12-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirktotheheart
Why would we want either Curry or Randolph? Both are among the absolutely worst defenders at their respective positions. Pair either with Dirk and we'd be absolutely brutalized in the paint every game against the likes of Duncan, Stoudemire, Yao, Shaq. Curry has to be the worst defensive C in the game. He's worse than Mark Blount and Jerome James.
Depending on what we need in any given situation, we could either go to Damp for defense or Curry for offense. Plus, Curry isn't by any means great defensively, but he is definitely not the worst at his position or as bad as you're claiming. I think the main problem with Curry is that he's paired out there with Randolp who does the exact same things he does, so naturally their games are going to impede on one another's. In our case, we have very little post game and no true back-to-the-basket kind of guy on our team. I think he would be a good addition to this team.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be ok with trading trash for Curry, I guess, but people would have to understand that he would be the backup center.

As I've said in other Curry-centered trade threads, Curry playing next to Dirk just doesn't work. You just can't imagine the dropoff in defense and rebounding he is compared to Damp.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote