Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of
Default Nadal routs Federer in French Open final

As Rafael Nadal made his entrance for the French Open final, he could not have looked more at home in Paris had he carried a baguette under his arm instead of a tennis bag.

The place brings out the best in Nadal. He was at the top of his game again Sunday, when he won his fourth consecutive Roland Garros title and spoiled Roger Federer’s latest bid to complete a career Grand Slam.

The victory was widely anticipated, but the score surprised even the king of clay: 6-1, 6-3, 6-0. It was Federer’s worst loss in his 173 Grand Slam matches, and the most lopsided men’s Grand Slam final since 1984.

“When I was playing, I didn’t believe the match,” Nadal said. “I feel the match has to be closer.”

The second-ranked Nadal improved to 28-0 at Roland Garros and became the second man to win four consecutive French Open titles. Bjorn Borg did it in 1978-81.

The latest title run was Nadal’s most impressive yet. He swept all 21 sets while losing only 41 games

Last edited by horse900703; 06-09-2008 at 04:40 PM.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal own on clay...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

That was a fun match. Nadal is getting better every year. That´s what the other players said too, his topspin know is even more brutal then in past years.

Federer is still the favourite to win Wimbledon but Nadal has the chance to finish him off if he actually beats him there. That would be another major blow for Federer and I think Nadal would dominate him from there on (he´s allready clearly ahead in the head to head having Federers number for the most part).
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote