Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baron Davis & Elton Brand opt out of their contracts

Brand:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468389

Davis:
saw on ESPN ticker.

They are both foregoing a lot of money for long term deals.

Anyway we can do a sign and trade for Brand? I have always been a big Brand fan. Jho + Terry for Brand? or maybe throw Stack/Bass into the mix??

I wouldn't mind taking a "bad" contract if it means getting Brand.
Kidd/Pietrus/Dirk/Brand/Damp

or go small some nights
Kidd/SG/Pietrus/Dirk/Brand

use MLE on Pietrus/SG/SF

Last edited by nikeball; 06-30-2008 at 09:22 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

I'd give any player on the team not named Dirk to pick up Brand. I'd like to keep Kidd.

Obviously, it would have to be a sign and trade. Not enough money under the CBA to just offer him a fat contract.

Besides, in the end, Brand is probably just playing his current owner for more money and won't be going anywhere.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

would it be blasphemous to go after Baron Davis??

That is funny.

But...

Anyway, it would have to be a sign and trade and I don't see a lot of valuable parts worth giving up for Baron Davis simply because a back up point guard is not worth giving up our most tradeable assets...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Some teams are going to get awesome value for their FA signings. The market is strong with a lot of good FAs. Hopefully we can really lock in and get going.

Baron is walking away from a TON of money.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

wow everyone is opting out. A lot of surprises.

Mann Davis would be great...but he just doesnt fit

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Davis would be fantastic, we could let go of Kidd after this year and have that extra money for a big FA signing.

But of course we have no money to get Baron anyway so moot.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 06-30-2008 at 09:59 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

No interest in Elton Brand. He can't play center, and Dirk plays PF.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I would actually like to see Davis play alongside Kidd at the 2. Hes mite be a lil undersized , but he so strong he can guard anyone. It could possibly be one of the best defensive back courts in the league...if not the best

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 06-30-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
No interest in Elton Brand. He can't play center, and Dirk plays PF.
Brand will either stay or go to Miami in a SnT

........GO MAVS
Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #10
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~9~9&te=&cash=

Davis/Harrington for Jet, Josh, Stack
and I would throw Peitrus or azubukie in there if possible

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 06-30-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

your link didn't work!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I know but the trade work..lol..its something I would consider...idk if it would work with Azubukie or Pietrus added

........GO MAVS
Old 06-30-2008, 10:29 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Move along folks. Move along on down the road.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #14
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Brand will either stay or go to Miami in a SnT
For who in Miami?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

Marion...J-Will, Haslem?

Just guessing.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #16
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Marion

........GO MAVS
Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #17
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

brand!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #18
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~9~9&te=&cash=

hmm I think I would do this

........GO MAVS
Old 06-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If their is any chance to Brand in Dallas without losing Dirk. Take it Donnie and Cubes.

I disagree that Brand can't play Center.... Who can't he play center against? He is a shot blocker, and with todays game the four and five are interchangeable most of the time anyway. With his length, he is the size of a center anyway.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 PM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone in the right minds would do that deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
If their is any chance to Brand in Dallas without losing Dirk. Take it Donnie and Cubes.

I disagree that Brand can't play Center.... Who can't he play center against? He is a shot blocker, and with todays game the four and five are interchangeable most of the time anyway. With his length, he is the size of a center anyway.
I agree. I live in LA so I've seen plenty of Clipper games, and I believe he can play center as well.

Contact Me
Old 06-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #21
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

That same deal works for Maggette and Brand...and I would throw some sweeteners in as well in both of them. Like Bass or something. But I think the GS deal is a lot more realistic

........GO MAVS
Old 06-30-2008, 11:33 PM   #22
RonMexico

RonMexico can only hope to improve

I hope Davis moves on. The Warriors have really annoyed me since they did the Mavs. They seemed to have this self-entitlement about them this year I didn't care for it and am glad that Nellie will have to settle for the onion ring yet again.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #23
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I hope Davis moves on to Dallas along with Harrington : )

Damp
Dirk
Harrington
Davis
Kidd

........GO MAVS
Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #24
alby
Guru

^ Drool.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #25
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
^ Drool.
lol..email Cuban with the idea...you never know. I actually think we would save some money with that too.

I have an image in my head of Davis and Kidd playing D together...the team would be sooo versatile..OMG...i gotta stop

........GO MAVS
Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #26
alby
Guru

No, the last time I personally emailed Mark was in the summer of 2005--it was right after letting Finley go with the amnesty clause and I told him that we should make a run for Paul Pierce.

Since then, we let a championship slip through our fingers. Finley has a ring. and Pierce has a ring.

I'm not playing around with that kind of karma ever again.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 07-01-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:35 AM   #27
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I see wht ur saying but mann that would be crazy...well maybe when i wake upp tomorrow there will be a rumor about it

........GO MAVS
Old 07-01-2008, 01:29 AM   #28
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
thats a dumb trade for the warriors...
Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 AM   #29
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Sorry to kill your dreams fellas
Warriors' Davis opts out of deal; Clippers to pursue?

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: July 1, 2008, 2:25 AM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Baron Davis, Elton Brand Opt Out Of Contracts

What has been widely described as a shallow pool of NBA free agents got surprisingly deeper Monday night when Golden State Warriors guard Baron Davis joined Los Angeles Clippers forward Elton Brand in opting out of the final year on his contract.

The decision was especially unexpected in Davis' case, after strong indications as recently as last week that he would not be forfeiting next season's $17.8 million salary to become an unrestricted free agent.

But the move -- after Davis' camp made little progress in recent weeks in its attempts to secure a contract extension with the Warriors -- suddenly creates the very real possibility that the former UCLA star could wind up alongside Brand in a homecoming with the Clippers.

Brand told ESPN.com that opting out "definitely doesn't mean I'm leaving the Clippers" and that his "intention is to stay" and re-sign with L.A.

Davis' agent, Todd Ramasar, likewise told ESPN.com late Monday that his client "has always been adamant about remaining a Warrior."

But NBA front-office sources said early Tuesday that the Clippers would be making an immediate run at trying to pair Davis with Brand, although that would almost certainly require L.A. to abandon any interest in re-signing swingman Corey Maggette -- who also opted out his contract Monday after averaging 22.1 points per game last season -- and force Brand to take a slight pay cut.

Baron Davis

Davis

As of 12:01 a.m. Tuesday morning, NBA teams were permitted to commence negotiations and strike verbal agreements with free agents, with actual signings and trades on hold until a leaguewide moratorium is lifted July 9.

Brand and agent David Falk insisted that their decision to forfeit next season's $16.4 million salary and allow Brand to become an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career was designed to give the Clippers more payroll flexibility to strengthen the team around its face of the franchise.

Falk told ESPN.com that a visit to Boston for Game 2 of the NBA Finals to see the Celtics' triumvirate of Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen was Brand's spark.

"He watched what happened when a few stars get together and agree to have a communal effort," Falk said. "He said, 'That's what I'd like to accomplish in my career.'"

Signing Davis away from the Warriors would certainly supply the Clippers with elite anchors in the backcourt as well as the front line, provided that Davis continues to stay healthy after playing all 82 games last season and if Brand continues to recover from an Achilles tear that limited him to just eight games in 2007-08.

Davis, 29, was the key figure on a Golden State team which halted a 12-season playoff drought in 2006-07 and produced a historic first-round upset of the 67-win Dallas Mavericks in the 2007 playoffs. He then averaged 21.8 points, 7.6 assists and 4.7 rebounds last season, but the Warriors just missed out on a second consecutive playoff berth despite a win total (48) exceeded by only three teams in the Eastern Conference.

Davis has repeatedly professed his desire to establish long-term roots in Oakland and responded angrily last Wednesday to suggestions that he wanted to be traded, telling ESPN.com: "I know what's in my heart and the people in the Bay Area know what's in my heart."

But it's believed that Davis is not only frustrated by his inability to reach a long-term agreement with the Warriors but is also somewhat unsettled by the fact that Golden State still must re-sign young cornerstones Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins and has coach Don Nelson under contract for only one more season.

"[Opting out] was a difficult decision to say the least," Ramasar said. "The past couple years, he's had a lot of success with the Warriors and I think they've had a lot of success with him.

"But he had gotten to the point that we were at a crossroads and it was something we had to address. ... With no extension or deal in place ... [opting out] was a bit unexpected but something that I advised Baron to do."

The Clippers appear to be the only realistic free-agent destination for Davis if his opt-out gamble doesn't lead to a new round of contract negotiations with the Warriors or if he can't convince Golden State to participate in a sign-and-trade. Memphis and Philadelphia are the only other teams with cap space to offer and neither is expected to pursue Davis.

The Warriors, meanwhile, weren't commenting Monday night, so it was not immediately known whether they plan to return to the negotiating table or if they're willing to let Davis go -- in spite of Golden State's success since pairing Davis with the free-wheeling Nelson -- and press ahead with their growing youth movement and the cap space that would be created by Davis' departure.

Golden State let a $9.9 million trade exception -- created by the 2007 draft-day deal that sent Jason Richardson to Charlotte -- expire Monday in part to ensure that it would retain the flexibility beneath the luxury-tax line to match any offers to restricted free agents Ellis and Biedrins. The Warriors have also stockpiled a promising group of youngsters behind those two 22-year-olds: Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli and last week's first-round pick, Anthony Randolph from LSU.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:59 AM   #30
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

On ESPN It said "Brand opts out of contract with Clippers, plans to resign with team." So looks like he's staying a Clipper.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #31
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

if clips get baron...
Baron
Gordon
Thornton
Brand
Kaman

that's real scary on paper.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #32
alby
Guru

LA would have to trade more than Maggette to acquire Baron.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #33
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
LA would have to trade more than Maggette to acquire Baron.
The solution is to not go after him at all. In sense, he is a free agent, therefore, to just let him walk would give them some room to make things work.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #34
alby
Guru

Golden State allowing Baron walk for nothing should be Mullin's nail in the coffin. Other than getting lucky on the Jackson/Harrington deal, Mullin has killed that team through draft picks and ridiculous signings.

*edit
As far as the Clippers go, if both Brand and Baron decide to take considerably less money, then it may become reality. I just don't see Baron doing that--especially after just leaving 18 million on the table this year.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 07-01-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #35
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just hope Mullin pulls a Cuban/Nash ;]

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #36
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

hate Baron Davis ~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #37
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Warriors can afford to let Baron walk. Monta Ellis is the pg of the future there. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt them short term but if they can land a star player (they offered Gilbert Arenas a max contrac today) then they'll be just fine.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 07-01-2008 at 05:16 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #38
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
The Warriors can afford to let Baron walk. Monta Ellis is the pg of the future there. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt them short term but if they can land a star player (they offered Gilbert Arenas a max contrac today) then they'll be just fine.
Arenas & Nellie? Interesting...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #39
alby
Guru

Arenas is going to stay in Washington. He lives there, he's getting 127 million, and he'll be playing in the Eastern Conference. There's just no way he passes that up. If he decided to take a paycut, he should join Brand in LA, but we all know Arenas is not going to take a paycut lol.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #40
alby
Guru

Ron Artest just told ESPN.com that he regrets not opting out of his contract yesterday.

ESPN then continued to say that he may be traded:
1. for Odom in LA
2. for Marion in Miami
3. for Howard in Dallas

I'm just the messenger.

Contact Me