Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Devin Harris gets owned

My man Devin let some guy named Stuart Tanner put the moves on him lol : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw
Devin probably could have won that game easily if he wanted to, he should have dunked on that dude.

Here's what the guys on ESPN had to say about it :

Some Guy in a V-Neck vs. Devin Harris

October 13, 2008 3:47 PM

It looks worse than it really is.

Some little white dude, Stuart Tanner, in a v-neck sweater managed to get himself on the court against the Nets' point guard, Devin Harris, for a brief game of one-on-one.

The video tells a tough story. Harris got the ball first, out of bounds, and missed a long jumper. Then Tanner nailed a tough fallaway, and then put on a little dribbling show before putting the ball through Harris' legs on his way to a layup and the shutout win.

The word is that the guy in the v-neck is actually a legend of London streetball, to the extent there are such things.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

posted in the video thread

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,114700
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

oooh that was NASTY!

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

haha~that was fun~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

hah ya some dude commented something about this on my devin harris mix
Old 10-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
that the guy in the v-neck is actually a legend of London streetball, to the extent there are such things.
well said.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

go white boy go..

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
go white boy go..
Careful...you're about to be called a racist!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Lock this thread before Silk gets to it!

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #11
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

It was obviously White Boy Day.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #12
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how T.O. will react to this..
Old 10-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #13
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I wonder how T.O. will react to this..
I dunno, but I bet JHO goes out and crashes a car this weekend
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #14
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I dunno, but I bet JHO goes out and crashes a car this weekend
Old 10-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Devin's ownage by the london kid is currently on the front page of yahoo.

NBA player gets hustled.
http://www.yahoo.com/s/970513
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #16
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Man, that was smooth. I wish he broke an ankle or two, but I guess it'll do.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

that is embarrassin'....

Old 10-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #18
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

that was hilarious.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid. lol Harris would Powned that delta bravo.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #20
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Man, that was smooth. I wish he broke an ankle or two, but I guess it'll do.
why would you possibly wish that?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #21
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

The guy at the end

"At least that wasnt as bad as lebron"

LOL

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:25 PM   #22
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

We should sign that guy.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #23
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
why would you possibly wish that?
I meant on Harris' end. Devin should've broken thay guys ankle or two

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
I meant on Harris' end. Devin should've broken thay guys ankle or two
still, why would you possibly wish that?

(unless you meant it in a figurative way. it didn't read that way at all though)

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-15-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #25
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

NJ Nets: Devin Harris says he was duped into streetball game that earned him YouTube infamy - Real-time Sports - NJ.com

Nearly a week after his public....uh, humiliation, Devin Harris is still being stalked by the Ghost of Stuart Tanner. Still pretty gracious about it, though.

Here's the thing: He was duped into that game against the Brit under false pretenses.

"When I first went out there, they told me one of the Special Olympic kids wanted to play me one-on-one," Harris explained, laughing at himself through the entire anecdote.

"So he hit the first shot, and I was like, 'OK, he has a little talent.' Then he just whipped out the other thing -- I was kind of confused at that point with all these dribbling moves, and before I knew it, he threw it through my legs and laid it up. At that point it was time to go."

Upshot: Instant stardom for Tanner. Instant global zonk for poor Dev.

"They had fun with it, they got me pretty good," Harris said, still laughing at himself. "I didn't expect it to be that popular, but it is what it is."

Here's the kicker: He still doesn't even know the identity of the guy who skunked him.

"They say he's one of the best street ballers in London," he said.

A shrug.

"Like I said, it happens."

Oh, something worth noting: Not a single teammate busted Harris' chops over it. That's professional empathy for you.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:22 AM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

(unless you meant it in a figurative way. it didn't read that way at all though)
Ankle breaking is a reference to dribble crossovers I believe.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:28 AM   #27
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGWuMx_2B0U
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #28
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Ankle breaking is a reference to dribble crossovers I believe.

Come on guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlPJa9MkaOA

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:26 AM   #29
alby
Guru

kobe sucks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWoXDWhmk6A

Contact Me
Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #30
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

This one has to be in the discussion.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

but that dude was in a V Neck!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #32
fluid.forty.one

tom brady wears v necks