Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Antoine Wright finding a home...

I enjoyed this article. I imagine the bolded part will spark the most discussion.

Link

Antoine Wright finding a home with the Dallas Mavericks

By JEFF CAPLAN
jcaplan@star-telegram.com

DALLAS — Antoine Wright is making the most of a refreshing start with the Dallas Mavericks and coach Rick Carlisle. Traded last February as part of the Jason Kidd deal, what was his best season as a pro had suddenly taken an uncertain and frustrating turn.

But after re-signing with the Mavs and a summer of hard work, the 24-year-old former Texas A&M star is on the verge of breaking through as the improbable starter at shooting guard for the Mavs.
And even if he’s not among the first five, Carlisle has made it clear that the 6-foot-7 Wright, almost always beaming with a smile, will be a valuable member of his rotation.

Looking back to when you were drafted 15th overall by the Nets, then you step on the practice court for the very first time with Jason Kidd and Vince Carter. What was racing through your mind?

I was just thinking, "try not to mess up." Really, there’s not much you can do to affect a practice like that besides messing up. I was just trying to focus on what I had to do. For a little while you’re going to be a little star-struck, for a little while, until you get used to playing with them.

Did you ever have moments where you sat back and almost couldn’t believe you had achieved your dream of playing in the NBA?

I never really had those type of moments, but I’d say a couple of times a month I’d turn into a fan during a game, just like watching Vince dunk on Alonzo [Mourning] live is a little different than seeing it on SportsCenter. So I had a couple of fan moments.

What was the most intense moment of your career?

I think when we played in that playoffs against Toronto [in 2007, a first-round series the Nets won in six games], I remember we had a game at home before we had to go back to Toronto. And, Vince hadn’t played well on the road and we hadn’t really played that well there. It was the end of the game and we were up by one and I got switched onto Chris Bosh for a minute. Richard [Jefferson] bailed me out, he got a steal and we ended up winning the game, but that was a big moment being out there in the playoffs in a crucial situation and being asked to guard someone like that.

Trade rumors involving Jason Kidd had circulated for months before the deal was finally consummated. When did you find out that you could be part of the package?

They actually told me that I had nothing to worry about. [Coach] L. [Lawrence] Frank came up to me and he told me, " ’Toine, don’t worry about it, you’re not going to be involved in it." I was like, "OK." So I went to Miami for All-Star Weekend. While I was there my agent was blowing my phone up. I’m looking at my phone wondering why he’s calling — I’m not talking to you for another two days, I’m on vacation. I finally called and he was like, "There’s 50-percent chance that you’re going to be in the trade." I was like, "Yeah, right. L. Frank just told me I wasn’t going to get traded." So he calls me back five minutes after that conversation and says, "Yeah, you’re going to be traded." I was like, "Oh man, what do I have to do?" He said, "Hang out in Miami for another day."

But then, Jason and I were talking back and forth and I asked him if the trade was going to go through and he was like, "No, I just got off the phone with my agent and it’s not going to go through." We were going back and forth and then finally that day came and we were both in New Jersey. It was unreal. I couldn’t really believe it being on the plane coming here.

Since you were having a good season in New Jersey, what were you thinking about in terms of your playing time in Dallas?

I just knew it was done. This year is probably over for me. It was a bad flight for me. [Mavs assistant coach] Popeye [Jones] was trying to teach us the plays and I was somewhere else. It was just chaos. I get home from Miami and I have to pack up this whole house, and that’s probably not going to happen. So I just took everything that I thought I needed and, of course, I left all the things that I needed. And then once I get on the plane, he’s trying to teach us the plays. So, I’m looking at him like, "Dude, come on, let me sleep for a little bit." Then we get here and have to actually practice. For me, once I got here, I [knew I was] pretty much going to have to work on my game and start getting ready for next season because I didn’t feel like I was going to be a part of that team.

Did [former Mavs coach] Avery Johnson give you any indication about how he might use you, if at all?

He talked to me the first day I got here in a meeting with Malik [Allen] and he was like, "I’m going to give you guys a fair chance to play." That was the last time he talked to me the rest of that week. He hadn’t even said a word to me at practice, not a "Good job," or can I get a "Good morning or something," so I knew I was done.

What’s the one thing you’ve been able to do with your money for someone else that’s fulfilled you the most?

Really, buying my mom a home and being able to help my sister through school. She’s in school right now. She goes to like an EMS school, but it’s like for nursing, and it’s expensive. She lives in Michigan. For her, right now, it’s kind of like taking a father role, being able to put her through school and buy her books and stuff, so that’s pretty cool.

If someone told you earlier this summer that you’d be the starting shooting guard for the Dallas Mavericks, what would you have thought about that?

I probably would have been smiling about it from ear to ear until you actually get here and everybody wants to talk about it. Everybody’s like, "So you’re starting now? Are you going to be the starter? How are you doing with Rick?" It’s like, you know what, how much pressure are you guys actually going to put on me? Do you just want me to crumble? I’m already out there with a Hall of Famer, two All-Stars, you know, and Erick [Dampier]. Everybody’s looking for me to mess up already. I really don’t need that type of pressure. I really don’t even think about. I know what I have to do, and all that other stuff just comes along with it. There’s going to be nights where I didn’t play that well and other guys stepped up and played well. It’s just all about being there for your teammates. We all have roles to do, so just do your best when you’re out there.

What do you want to accomplish this season?

I want to start for the rest of this season. I don’t want to be in a situation where you’re there and then you’re out of it and you fall out of the rotation. Because that can easily happen on a team like this, with how deep we are. For me, I’m not going to make any statistical goals because I don’t think that’s the way you should approach a season, especially with a new system being brought in. I just want to impact this team and solidify my role in that rotation.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Very cool. He is humble, seems almost overwhelmed by the opportunity.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I hope to see big things from Wright this season - his ability could be the key to how well we do in the playoffs...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I hope to see big things from Wright this season - his ability could be the key to how well we do in the playoffs...
Let's face it, Wright, Green, Bass and Diop are the keys to now and the future.

Let me explain, before I am flamed.

Kidd, Dirk, Damp, Stack, even JHo -- aren't going to be much if any better than they have been. They may have GREAT years, but we all know what to expect from them.

Wright, Green, Bass, and Diop are still young enough that we might see improvement from them.
By the end of the year, maybe, we are a much better team because of these four.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

" I’m already out there with a Hall of Famer, two All-Stars, you know, and Erick [Dampier]."

TWO hall of famers
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I'll cosign that dalm, with the caveat that JHo be the JHo of old.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post

Kidd, Dirk, Damp, Stack, even JHo -- aren't going to be much if any better than they have been. They may have GREAT years, but we all know what to expect from them.

Wright, Green, Bass, and Diop are still young enough that we might see improvement from them.
Wright, Green are huge keys, less so, if Howard has an all star year. We know what Bass and Diop is capable of, but lets wait and see on Diop's ability to finish with Kidd.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I disagree. I think Kidd and Josh are the keys this season. If Josh plays like he has this preseason (a morph of old Josh - slashing with new Josh - can hit a jump shot) and Kidd plays anywhere approaching all star level then this team will be great, regardless of what they get out of their young kids. I also disagree that we know what to expect of Kidd.

I'm also hesitant to list Green as a key to the future while he's signed to a one year deal.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-28-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I disagree. I think Kidd and Josh are the keys this season. If Josh plays like he has this preseason (a morph of old Josh - slashing with new Josh - can hit a jump shot) and Kidd plays anywhere approaching all star level then this team will be great, regardless of what they get out of their young kids. I also disagree that we know what to expect of Kidd.

I'm also hesitant to list Green as a key to the future while he's signed to a one year deal.
I'm more in line with this thinking...we must see a rightly used and enthused JKidd and a head on straight JHo.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think Kidd, JHo, Dirk, Stack, Damp mean playoffs. (if healthy)

I think how Wright, Bass, Green, and Diop play (grow) determines where they go in the playoffs.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I think Kidd, JHo, Dirk, Stack, Damp mean playoffs. (if healthy)

I think how Wright, Bass, Green, and Diop play (grow) determines where they go in the playoffs.
Still don't agree. First of all I think Diop is a known quantity. Also, I think, unless Bass makes himself into a viable center (defensivly and rebouding wise), he is largly a known quantity as well. I think he will improve this season, but rotation limitations will minimize the impact of his overall improvement, imo.

As far as Wright and Green, certainly they can make life a lot easier. And them becoming viable swing players can open up more possibilities for the Mavs. But unless Green just erupts into a consistent scorer in this league, I don't think either one of them has the ability to make up for, say Josh not living up to the hope we have for him, or Jason playing more like he did last season that the seasons before.

Whereas, I think this team can contend in the playoffs with Wright and Green simply being solid rotation members, as long as Josh and Jason play like most of us think they are capable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First of all I think Diop is a known quantity.
Only on one end of the court - I'm interested to see if Kidd can turn him into a factor on offense as well (one of those playoffs difference-makers Dalm was referring to...)

Old 10-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #13
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Only on one end of the court - I'm interested to see if Kidd can turn him into a factor on offense as well (one of those playoffs difference-makers Dalm was referring to...)
I think Diop should be able to score some, unlike Damp he can catch a basketball but the problem with him is that he is not a strong finisher around the basket. Damp on the other hand can't catch the ball but he is a strong finisher. Jeez
Old 10-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I think both Green and Wright's productivity depends on JKidd's game being right with ball.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #15
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I think both Green and Wright's productivity depends on JKidd's game being right with ball.
...offensively, but defensively, they've got to help Kidd....haha, moreso with Wright.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
...offensively, but defensively, they've got to help Kidd....haha, moreso with Wright.
Yes.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
What kind of factor? I would say if you'r expecting anything more than Damp after Kidd got here you're crazy. People talk about Damp's hands, but he has better offensive awareness and ability than Diop, by a long shot.

Like I said, imo, Diop is a known factor.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

I can see opposing coach's just use their scat back points don't bust up Kidd time and time again. After seeing Paul have his way, a quick burst of speed gets you a bucket or a trip to the foul line. Would love to see if Carlisle uses Wright against Williams, Paul...the top tiered quicker guards. I know when he was in NJ, Scott would have Kittles guard a lot of the quicker points, when Kidd was there. This frees Kidd up to play his best defense which is a free safety playing the passing lanes.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #19
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
I think Diop should be able to score some, unlike Damp he can catch a basketball but the problem with him is that he is not a strong finisher around the basket. Damp on the other hand can't catch the ball but he is a strong finisher. Jeez
Diop has an amazing ability to blow layups from above the rim.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Diop has an amazing ability to blow layups from above the rim.
Damp is more solid offensively all around. Diop may theoretically have better range. But when will he ever actually get to shoot?

Old 10-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #21
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Diop will help Kidd's defense. With two shot-blocking centers and 12 fouls to give, driving the lane will be less appealing.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer View Post
Diop will help Kidd's defense. With two shot-blocking centers and 12 fouls to give, driving the lane will be less appealing.
you certainly would hope so...

Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #23
dmavs1980

dmavs1980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Damp is more solid offensively all around. Diop may theoretically have better range. But when will he ever actually get to shoot?
Last jumpshot i remember diop making was that 3 to keep the streak going
Old 10-28-2008, 11:06 PM   #24
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmavs1980 View Post
Last jumpshot i remember diop making was that 3 to keep the streak going
I think I remember one in preseason, so maybe we don't have to go back that far...

Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think I remember one in preseason, so maybe we don't have to go back that far...
yea I think it was a left elbow jumper actually.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #26
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
yea I think it was a left elbow jumper actually.
Bingo. That was the one I was thinking of...It might have even drawn a "He can do that" from B.O.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #27
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

If Wright could give us just 10 ppg with good defense I would be satisfied.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
That should work, especially with JET coming off the bench to spark our offense...

Old 10-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #29
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
That should work, especially with JET coming off the bench to spark our offense...
Don't forget Green and Bass that will also bring an offensive spark.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #30
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
....yea, I agree. If he can make Kobe, Lebron, TMac, Durant, Allen/Pierce, Paul, just work a bit harder for their shots, it could pay off at the end, if the game is tight.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

If we can make them work on the defensive end that would be nice for a change. Wear their legs down and tire them out some down the stretch.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #32
Underdog

Quote:
Don't forget Green and Bass that will also bring an offensive spark.
No doubt, but I was mainly just talking about the shooting guard position...

(it's nice having logical depth this season!)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-29-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #33
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
No doubt, but I was mainly just talking about the shooting guard position...

(it's nice having logical depth all of a sudden!)
with some youth attached to it...

Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #34
dmavs1980

dmavs1980 will become famous soon enough

Remember the so called deep bench everyone thought we had at the beginning of last season?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #35
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmavs1980 View Post
Remember the so called deep bench everyone thought we had at the beginning of last season?
...down goes Eddie Jones, into the doghouse goes Devean George, down goes Devin Harris.....and behind Harris are the same 2 characters we have behind Kidd....Jet and Barea.

I think with Green-Wright we basically add younger legs, replace the minutes that was earmarked for Jones/George last year. With younger legs, it's less likely we fill the 15th roster spot, gives us flexibility in adding a backup something when the need arises.