Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-26-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs @ Jazz GDT 12/26/2008 8:00p.m. CST

LINK

LINK

Game will be broadcast on TXA21.

Mavs go for 4 in a row, after a great start to a roadtrip. Another tough Western Conference matchup. I go for 2-0 this season, both on holidays. Should be a Boxing Day Bonanza. Another great offensive rebounding team in the wings. Lets see if Dallas can keep up their dominance on the glass. The absence of Boozer and Millsap should help.

Mavs: 17-11 (SOS:.494, MOV:+2.6, Offensive Efficiency:13, Defensive Efficiency:11)
Jazz: 17-13 (SOS:.468, MOV:+2.9, Offensive Efficiency:14, Defensive Efficiency:10)

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 12-26-2008 at 09:10 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2008, 03:58 AM   #2
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Shouldn't SOS be MOV?

Anywho, if Millsap AND Boozer are out, there is no excuse not to win this game, even at a tough venue to win at.

Anywho, Utah is very tough at home and we're on a back to back... so I won't get my hopes up... let's just put in a good effort guys.

I won't be able to watch this game
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:02 AM   #3
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

^good call. Fixed it.

Northwest back to backs, especially after a hard win the first night.. Definitely a tall order but the team is playing very well. Hopefully Dirk can keep up the hot shooting. At least Howard should be a little rested.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:23 AM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Another tough game, especially on a back to back. Getting the W in Portland makes this game gravy if we can pull out another W. The Jazz have been struggling lately, and Millsap and Okur are questionable for this one. The Portland game was certainly emotionally draining for the good guys, but I think we've got this one too.

Mavs 92-86

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The #1 bench in the NBA will be ready again today.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Wow, back to back away game.
I dont think we will get a win tonight, but good luck Mavs!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #7
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Dallas2009CHAMPS will become famous soon enough

I DEFINITELY BELIEVE THE MAVS WILL WIN THIS!

Last edited by Dallas2009CHAMPS; 12-26-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Dallas2009CHAMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
Dallas2009CHAMPS

piss
Old 12-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas2009CHAMPS View Post

piss
Much imaginary +rep...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas2009CHAMPS View Post

piss
That picture is a jinx, hell your name is even a bigger jinx. So please stop posting in GDTs until after the game is over
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Screw jinx's..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Dec 26, 2008
Dallas @ Utah--R. Garretson; J. Goble; J. Phillips

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
nowhereman
Diamond Member

2 things to keep an eye on today with Utah:

1. They have one of the highest turnover rates in the NBA. The mavs are 8-1 against the bottom 10 turnover teams in the NBA. Should be the kind of game where Ason Kidd really shines.

2. They have the highest assist rate in the NBA. The mavs are 5-6 against the top 10 assist teams in the NBA. It will be a good test of how far along the defense has come.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Josh will surprise us and kick Utah's butt since he's so rested.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
The #1 bench in the NBA will be ready again today.
That's so weird to hear. Our bench was such a disaster last year. I've got to give kudos to Carlisle for figuring out a way to get some terrific production out of that group.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-26-2008 at 03:20 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #16
KiddNPlay
Banned

KiddNPlay will become famous soon enoughKiddNPlay will become famous soon enough

Not sure who I really want to see win, but if Houston beats New Orleans and Dallas wins this game tonight over the Jazz Dallas will be up to 5th. Also if Denver loses tonight Dallas will have the better record of the two teams. Unfortunately, that won't break the Mavs into the top 4 since at 2 and 3 we do have the Spurs and the Rockets. It'll be nice to see the Texas Triangle dominating the WC again!
KiddNPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #17
KiddNPlay
Banned

KiddNPlay will become famous soon enoughKiddNPlay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
That's so weird to hear. Our bench was such a disaster last year. I've got to give kudos to Carlisle for figuring out a way to get some terrific productive out of that group.
If we could only have the #1 starting lineup to go with it. Dirk's the best in his position out West. Too bad we cannot say the same for the rest. Got some talent there except for Devean George though. He's still the 13th man to me.

I like what I've seen from Dampier this season, but he's no Yao Ming. I'm frustrated by Josh Howard's transformation right before the playoffs last season. Jason Kidd has an awfully funny last name. blah blah blah... nice bench though.
KiddNPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #18
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Wasn't it Utah that Josh went off on for 40 something a year or two ago?

...I can dream.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #19
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddNPlay View Post
If we could only have the #1 starting lineup to go with it. Dirk's the best in his position out West. Too bad we cannot say the same for the rest. Got some talent there except for Devean George though. He's still the 13th man to me.

I like what I've seen from Dampier this season, but he's no Yao Ming. I'm frustrated by Josh Howard's transformation right before the playoffs last season. Jason Kidd has an awfully funny last name. blah blah blah... nice bench though.
Yeah, if only we could have the #1 bench and the #1 starting lineup. That's pretty poignant.

I'm not sure what you're expecting, to be honest. Do you want every player in the Mavs' starting lineup to be an all-star? Good luck with that.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

No Millsap tonight

no Millsap, no Boozer. we should win this game if Howard doesn't f it up.

Contact Me
Old 12-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #21
LonghornDub

Quote:
No Millsap tonight

My god, the Jazz are being viciously raped by injuries this year. They would probably be a close #2 to the Lakers if not for all their bad luck.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #22
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Heeeey!!!

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34482

I posted here and we won
Old 12-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #23
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Can Josh play tonight?
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #24
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
No Millsap tonight

Add Okur to that list. Tonight they don't have any excuses to lose
Old 12-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #25
alby
Guru

Is Okur confirmed out?

Contact Me
Old 12-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #26
alby
Guru

From the Jazz official website:

SALT LAKE CITY (Dec 26, 2008) – INJURY UPDATE!!!
The following is a list of current Jazz Injuries:
Mehmet Okur: Doubtful due to lower back spasms
Jarron Collins: OUT (inflamed right elbow)
Carlos Boozer: (strained left quad tendon)
Paul Millsap: OUT (sprained left PCL)
Deron WIlliams: probable (strained right calf)

So, we're going to see a lineup of
Deron/Knight/Price
Brewer/Miles
Harpring/Korver
AK/??
Koufos/??

The Bucks came into Salt Lake City and beat them the other night, we better do the same.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-26-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #27
vRookie

Quote:
From the Jazz official website:

SALT LAKE CITY (Dec 26, 2008) – INJURY UPDATE!!!
The following is a list of current Jazz Injuries:
Mehmet Okur: Doubtful due to lower back spasms
Jarron Collins: OUT (inflamed right elbow)
Carlos Boozer: (strained left quad tendon)
Paul Millsap: OUT (sprained left PCL)
Deron WIlliams: probable (strained right calf)
Ouch. It must really suck to be a Jazz fan these days
Old 12-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #28
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
Wasn't it Utah that Josh went off on for 40 something a year or two ago?

...I can dream.
He certainly is well rested...
Old 12-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #29
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

Mavs got this, LETS GO MAVS!!!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #30
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
No Millsap tonight

Simple. Just bench him tonight

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Howard had 47 against Utah last December.

Never know...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:56 PM   #32
catsil

catsil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Howard had 47 against Utah last December.

Never know...
He was making all stepback jumpers in that game. Since then, he got too comfortable with that move.
catsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #33
dmavs1980

dmavs1980 will become famous soon enough

After the 47 point game by Jho,he has steadily declined into a piece of sh!t
Old 12-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #34
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsil View Post
He was making all stepback jumpers in that game. Since then, he got too comfortable with that move.
Truth.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I think the Howard hate goes too far.

It is still funny though. I know that teams, especially the Mavs, watch lots and lots of film. Can you imagine the shrugs when everyone sees Dirk wide open and Howard won't pass it to him? That has be embarassing.

Hopefully Carlisle points it out and shapes him up tonight. Always hope...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #36
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Trade Josh Howard and extras for Mehmet Okur.

oh yesssss.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #37
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Anybody have a link?

Edit: Nvm, didn't notice it in the original post.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 12-26-2008 at 09:01 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #38
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Go Mavs!!!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

I'm ready for some Mavericks basketball.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #40
vRookie

Link

Tags
gdt 08/09