Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs 140 - Dones 116

Thought I'd do it since this is an easy one....

Kidd 19, 20...this game single-handedly should shut up those still going on about the trade. Passed Magic for all-time assists. Need I say more?

Dirk- Had a quiet but super efficient game. Was uber and played some solid D with that sick block on Hill.

Howard- Played great on both ends. Saw that ankle bothering him a bit though. His defense was some of the best I have seen him play in 2 years. He block an easy Nash lay-up that was sick.

JJ- Played pretty well in place of Wright today. He is a bit of a ball-hog but got into the lane with ease. Nailed a key long-range 3. Who doesn't against the Suns?

Bass- Solid of the bench. Had a nice dunk from a JJ assist.

Green- Proved why he isn't getting minutes

If I missed out anyone, please fill-in.

GREAT GAME!

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Singleton was solid as well. And Terry.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Laotor

Laotor will become famous soon enough

JET - I thought he played well tonight . Was hot from behind the line and brought his usual game. Seems he's getting out of his slump.

2nd quarter was great. I got off my couch a couple of times.

I like to see this intensity from the Mavs. I hope we can bring it against Utah and the other upcoming games!!

GREAT WIN
Laotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Good job MAvs!

Since I take my shots at Dirk for not doing things other than scoring or being aggressive, I think it's only fair to give him the props he deserves today. He made me proud the way he played all around, maybe his dad being there was one of the reasons behind it, but he was involved in a couple of nice blocks and I loved it. He played solid D and quietly did a very good all around job.

Josh was great, all around period! Again. I hate that he like the entire team shows signs of greatness but you just wait for it to fall short again, you know it's coming just a matter of time. If he continues his play in the playoffs it would be just great.

I hope that wasn't Dirks girl sitting next to his dad! I wasn't impressed with that at all.
Looked near dood-ish.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Awesome win for the Mavs!

Kidd was terrific. He really played a Hall of Fame game today. He directed the floor well. He shot extremely well and was very aggressive through the entire 3 quarters that he played. He was truly a floor general in this game. He set up his teammates perfectly and dished out one assist after another. I love it when he was continuously posting up on Nash or whoeveer was defending him, particularly in the first half. His size and uncanny court vision just is a huge advantage over any of the defenders being put on him. It really was one of the causes as to why the Mavs did extremely well in the first half. Congratulations JKidd for adding another milestone in your very impressive career.

Dirk and JET were both very efficient. They shot the ball well and were active throughout the game. Josh was very good too. Although I would have preferred less 3 point attempts, he did okay for most of the game. He was very active defensively and really showed some great emotion out there.

Bass, Singleton and JJB played well during the minutes they got. I think it was a good decision to put JJB in the starting lineup tonight. He didn't have a very difficult defensive assignment and he didn't force the issue too. Also, Wright has been struggling as of late so putting JJ may have been a good decision for today's game.

The other subs like Carroll, Hollins and Wright did what they were supposed to do. Wright still shoot poorly but he was a good facilitator in the 4th quarter. Green had too many turnovers and too many forced shots. I don't know if its poor basketball IQ, eagerness, youth, inexperience, or maybe a combination of these. He definitely is a great athlete but he cannot expect to get a lot of minutes unless he improves in his decision making.

Overall, a great team win by our beloved Mavs.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Im not going on about the trade but I just honestly dont think that Kidd performing like that against the worse defensive team in the league (or in years) can make that a great trade all of the sudden. But Kidd is still good and it is pointless to go on and on about it because the trade is not going to reverse itself.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Im not going on about the trade but I just honestly dont think that Kidd performing like that against the worse defensive team in the league (or in years) can make that a great trade all of the sudden. But Kidd is still good and it is pointless to go on and on about it because the trade is not going to reverse itself.
I wouldn't have even mentioned it if people still weren't going on about it around here.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-05-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

This is what I want to see from this team~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #9
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs have a brillant future. I AM proud of the squad...somehow...

But a soccer game and two basketball matches are way too much for a sunny sunday. I´m off for today.
I love you guys. Good night and good luck.

Yours GD
Old 04-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

You forgot to mention Jason Terry with b2b threes (4-6) he looked superb.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Mavs have a brillant future. I AM proud of the squad...somehow...

But a soccer game and two basketball matches are way too much for a sunny sunday. I´m off for today.
I love you guys. Good night and good luck.

Yours GD
Damn, six posts away.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I was at this game and it was great to watch.

I was working the NBA on ESPN RV Tour again if anyone else was there. I was in charge of the skills challenge for most of the time, some time in the RV, and some time at the vertical jump challenge.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post

I was working the NBA on ESPN RV Tour again if anyone else was there. I was in charge of the skills challenge for most of the time, some time in the RV, and some time at the vertical jump challenge.
Lucky =P

Did you get to see Dirk's dad and if that girl sitting next to him was his girl our Dirks?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #14
Laotor

Laotor will become famous soon enough

Utah won tonight.. You can even put New Orleans in the picture of them being in 8th. Were only 1.5 games behind them. Just imagine how big it would be if we won both games against them.
Laotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

My computer had a mini meltdown today so i'm having to iPhone-it til it can get fixed. Hopefully by the big one on weds!

Good solid win today and they're right in the thick of it and they can control the issue with their next set of games. That is all you can ask for.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs kicked the crap out of the Suns!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #17
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post

Were you the Fisher Floyd that hit 4 straight shots at halftime?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #18
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

We control our destiny boys. We'll either earn a shot at the Nuggets or domination at the hands of the Lakers. I prefer the former, let's hope our guys do too and go out there, hit their shots, play some defense, and win some games.

v Utah v NOLA @ NOLA . 3-0 almost assures a higher seed. 2-1 gives you a decent chance depending on how they do in other games. 1-2 or worse = 8 seed.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #19
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I'm pitching a Maverick tent that can shelter JJBarea's entire extended family.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle (or Jkiddo) really needs to call his number more on the blocks. For one thing it provides a point guard that can score, get's another low-post presence and of course it means that dirk/jet/josh can play off that "post-up" guy.

If he will not ALWAYs look to pass it out it really seems to loosen up the other team.

I'd like to see that used on cpaul quite a bit if possible.

But those suns are atrocious defensively...lot's of fun at the arena today.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #21
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I just wanted to share a nice article about Kidd and his historic night, becoming the 3rd All-Time Assist Leader in the NBA.

Quote:
Dallas Mavericks' point guard shows a Magic touch

Steve Nash offers his congratulations.

One million assists is a lot.

Jason Kidd laughed at the joke as the two stood near midcourt. The Mavericks point guard had no idea. Sunday's purpose was to leave Phoenix all but dead and buried in the playoff race, not to pass Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

But as the crowd cheers and Kidd learns late in the first half that he bumped Johnson from third place on the NBA's all-time assist list, his thoughts drift to one of his boyhood idols.

For the statistical sticklers among you, Kidd is still shy of a million assists. He's at 10,148 and counting. He picked up 20 Sunday to fuel the Mavericks' 140-116 victory.

Afterward, Kidd talks more about what the win means for his team than his accomplishment. Not until the media crowd around his locker disperses does he reflect on what he picked up from the former LA Lakers star.

"Just the enjoyment of playing," Kidd says. "Having fun and making your teammates better.

"His will to help his team win. That's probably the biggest thing I could have taken from his game."

Ironic. Moments earlier, Rick Carlisle stood at the podium in the interview room and spoke of Kidd's iron will.

No plays or instructions were put up on the blackboard before Sunday's game. The Mavericks coach literally wiped the slate clean after a phone conversation with former Detroit Pistons coach Chuck Daly, who has pancreatic cancer. Carlisle tells his players today's game is about attitude and energy.

That is when Kidd is at his best.

"Some of the stuff that he was inventing out there offensively for us was just phenomenal," Carlisle says.

Carlisle handed the keys of the offense over to Kidd in late January. The team is 21-11 with him calling the plays.

Kidd has a feel for who needs to touch the ball. What may surprise you is that determination is not always made by which player on his team needs to find a rhythm.

"I think about who on the other team doesn't want to play defense," Kidd says. "There are a lot of guys in this league who don't."

A lot of them play for the Suns. But I digress.

"You expose guys in that sense," Kidd says. "Most guys want to play on the offensive end. If you make them play defense, it takes a little starch out of their offense."

The no-look was Johnson's signature pass. The excitement in Kidd's voice builds as he recalls how Johnson would race down the middle of the court on a three-on-two break, look one way, then flip the ball to the other side.

Kidd's signature pass? Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry know.

"I like the bounce pass," Kidd says. "Dirk and Jet like to take a dribble to get into rhythm before they shoot.

"When you bounce it to them, it almost acts like a dribble for those guys."

Next on the statistical ladder is Mark Jackson. Now an analyst for ABC, he was at Sunday's game and got to chat with Kidd before the start of the second half.

"If this game goes into overtime," Jackson tells him, "you might pass me."

Kidd will pass Jackson early next season. He won't pass John Stockton.

"I wish I was closer to Stockton, but that's going to be a record that stands for awhile," Kidd says. "I don't think it's in reach. I need someone else's assists along with mine to get there."

True. But precious few players can say they have more assists than Magic Johnson.

Jason Kidd is one of them.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...l.3c8d4dc.html
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:43 AM   #22
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Oh yeah, Kidd dishes out assists? That's nice.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:02 AM   #23
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Really nice win. But Utah won...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-06-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 AM   #24
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Fun game, good times, but no reason to get all that excited about them beating a team below them in the standings.

They do this to Utah or any of the other 6 teams above them, then it's an accomplishment.

Still, awesome game. Well done Mavs.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #25
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I loved seeing JKidd dominate Nash on the block and hit Terry for the back-to-back threes. I know it was only Phoenix, but there isn't a PG in the league that's strong enough defensively to handle Kidd on the low block. We should be using that to establish our shooters to give Dirk more room to work.

Loved the game overall -- this was the most fun I've had watching our boys all season.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #26
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Fun game, good times, but no reason to get all that excited about them beating a team below them in the standings.
That statement sounds pretty retarded coming off a 107-102 loss to a 20-54 team...

Plus, there's PLENTY of reason to get excited when a team scores 140 points in the NBA...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #27
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So I re-watched the highlights and saw the two assists that tied the record and the one that broke it.

Dirk's layup--fine...not even a dribble.
Josh's Jumper -- two dribbles?? How are those scored again.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #28
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
So I re-watched the highlights and saw the two assists that tied the record and the one that broke it.

Dirk's layup--fine...not even a dribble.
Josh's Jumper -- two dribbles?? How are those scored again.
Haha yeah I was wondering the same thing. Josh dribbled twice on one of those assists.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #29
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there's anything about dribbling in the actual rule anymore. Just says it has to "lead directly to a score".

And it's obviously up to the discretion of the scorer. There's been rumblings for a while that Paul gets very liberal assists at home.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't think there's anything about dribbling in the actual rule anymore. Just says it has to "lead directly to a score".

And it's obviously up to the discretion of the scorer. There's been rumblings for a while that Paul gets very liberal assists at home.
Interesting...that means a snow-bird would be an assist also, even if it were half-court and the guy was challenged.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, an assist doesn't get ruled out on the amount of dribbles. Fast breaks where a player recieves a pass near half court and dribbles several times before scoring is still an assist. So long as it leads directly to a score.

What I would like to see is on fouls where the shooter goes to the FT line on a shot lead directly form an assist, the passer gets an assist if both FT's are converted and a .5(half) assist for hitting only one FT, but only 1 ast max from and1 with converted FT. Also in the case where two passes lead to a score but BOTH passes were required, the last passer gets the full assist and the original passer gets .5, half of an assist, similar to hockey.

Another note, I think they need to utilize the instant replay on fouls in the last 3 minutes of games. Maybe a coach challenge or some sort similar to football. How many times Dirk would have been on the FT line, like the offensive foul on Ak47 where he flopped and got a BS call that changed the outcome of the game.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #32
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So how many Refs have broken Magic's record already?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #33
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
So how many Refs have broken Magic's record already?
ba-dum-chhh
Old 04-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #34
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

haha, checking the splits, Kidd's is 2.5, Paul's is 1.2 more at home than on the road. you'd think just like refs, the league would send an additional person for the ride to score these games....if these numbers go down in all history....you'd think they'd spend the money to treat them like refs and keep them impartial....if all these stats are NBA bible.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #35
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That statement sounds pretty retarded coming off a 107-102 loss to a 20-54 team...

Plus, there's PLENTY of reason to get excited when a team scores 140 points in the NBA...
Why can't anyone have a discussion on here without insulting everyone else? It's fine to have different opinions, you don't have to call everyone else names to make yourself seem smarter.

Anyway, no it's not retarded. If they LOSE to the Suns then there's reason to get pissed, as we did when they lost to a certain 20-54 team. They're supposed to beat those teams, and if they do then that's good. But it doesn't really say anything about the team other than that last night they trounced a team they're supposed to beat.

And of course get excited about the 140 points! It's great, like I said, fun game.

But it doesn't mean the Mavs are suddenly a Western Conference powerhouse or even a legit playoff contender since they never seem to beat anyone who is a legit contender.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #36
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
haha, checking the splits, Kidd's is 2.5, Paul's is 1.2 more at home than on the road. you'd think just like refs, the league would send an additional person for the ride to score these games....if these numbers go down in all history....you'd think they'd spend the money to treat them like refs and keep them impartial....if all these stats are NBA bible.
But if they did, then we'ld be incline to think that the NBA is impartial...The scorekeeper and the officials are 100 NON-biased!!! Kinda like a politician has no agenda.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #37
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

F Chris Paul

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #38
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
What I would like to see is on fouls where the shooter goes to the FT line on a shot lead directly form an assist, the passer gets an assist if both FT's are converted
I agree with this much of your idea at least.. not so sure about the 1/2 assists...

NBA records are bible though basically so I'm not sure if there would ever be a rule change this extreme.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #39
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

the 1/2 assist idea originally came from Doug Collins 10 years ago.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #40
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Really nice win. But Utah won...
New Orleans lost though and if Mavs win out they get 6 seed, or if they go 5-1 and New Orleans and Utah loses all their tough road games left Mavs get 6 seed. Hopefully Miami beats New Orleans tomorrow
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote