Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all
Default Jason Kidd Hints At Being In Cleveland Next Season

Jason Kidd will be an unrestricted free agent this summer and the Cavaliers could be a fit for the veteran point guard.

"I could sit and watch from the bench," Kidd said. "[LeBron] is so talented, he's going to get guys wide open shots. So we'll look at free agency and what happens for me next year."

They will have their mid-level exception ($5 million) and their bi-annual exception ($2 million) they could use on outside free agents

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....kidding_a.html
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

If he wants the best chance to win a title, then Cleveland is a no doubter.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

He's in the catbird seat.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

that stings a little but what the hell is he going to do here...
Old 03-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

That stings a little but what the hell are we going to do for a PG?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah View Post
That stings a little but what the hell are we going to do for a PG?
We'd have to go back to JET. Barea better not even be in talks of being the starter that's for sure or chalk up another season as a loss.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I would go if I were Kidd, depending on what the Mavs did during the offseason.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #8
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

that's probably why he rested in Denver's winnable game so he could showcase himself against a team that never loses at home.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #9
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Then if we let go of Kidd, that would mean that we threw Harris away for nothing. Oh well

Old 03-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #10
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I really want him to get that #2 spot while he's a Maverick.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #11
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Kidd has a lot of options out there. I doubt he would get very high offers from a lot of teams, though. Also, if the Lakers or Cavs are interested, he may have to settle for a much lower contract but one which gives him a bigger chance of getting a ring.

Kidd loves LeBron. They have this mutual admiration for each other. They seem to be really good pals. I honestly think Kidd wouldn't mind settling for less money to be able to play with either LeBron or Kobe. I think he will really wait and see what the Mavs' front office will do in the off season. See what talent they can bring in to mesh with his style of play and see if the Mavs are in a position to make a real run at a championship next year. If no major changes happen, I foresee him signing for less with either the Cavs or the Lakers, if these teams are interested.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I would be disappointed to see him leave but I can't really blame him. Twilight of his career he wants a ring to cap it off and unfortunately it doesn't appear our beloved Mavs can give him that opportunity.

It's just frustrating then. Giving up Devin Harris and 2 #1's for just 1.5 years of Kidd? By no means do I think Kidd is even close to the primary problem of this team but to give up that much for a 1.5 year rental is a disappointment, especially given the results.

We'll see what happens.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:52 AM   #13
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Who could have possibly forseen this happening. I hate the front office.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 AM   #14
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

nbadraft.net 2009 mock draft has us taking point guard Ty Lawson from North Carolina.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #15
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah View Post
Then if we let go of Kidd, that would mean that we threw Harris away for nothing. Oh well
Knowing JKidd will be unrestricted the deal was a risk anyway. btw. A risky deal not even the richest european soccer clubs would have agreed in.

Personally, i don´t know what kind of guy Kidd is. But one for sure, he will not win a title with DAL in the next two years.

Bron will be able to leave CLE, when i remember correctly, this summer. So it is questionable who will sit on the bench watching...
Old 03-30-2009, 05:03 AM   #16
sphincs

sphincs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Jason Kidd will be an unrestricted free agent this summer and the Cavaliers could be a fit for the veteran point guard.

"I could sit and watch from the bench," Kidd said. "[LeBron] is so talented, he's going to get guys wide open shots. So we'll look at free agency and what happens for me next year."

They will have their mid-level exception ($5 million) and their bi-annual exception ($2 million) they could use on outside free agents

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....kidding_a.html
I had just thought a similar scenario concerning Kidd's future...
Then Cavs haven't a real playmaker and Kidd coul be the right player to control game better and to give James and all Cavs a great experience.
sphincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:05 AM   #17
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I hope he does leave
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This news makes 2 things very apparent:

1) Kidd-Harris trade = bust

2) Dallas fans = Judas

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-30-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's all step back and breathe a little. Kidd doesn't even make sense on Cleveland. Lebron distributes the ball. He needs jump shooters around him, hence Mo Williams.

Now I've said all along that people should prepare themselves for the possibility of Kidd leaving, but I doubt very seriously Cleveland is going to spend their MLE on Kidd after not cashing in their big expiring contract this season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #20
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Mavs are effed. If not now, then soon.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #21
bm0155

bm0155 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Let's all step back and breathe a little. Kidd doesn't even make sense on Cleveland. Lebron distributes the ball. He needs jump shooters around him, hence Mo Williams.

Now I've said all along that people should prepare themselves for the possibility of Kidd leaving, but I doubt very seriously Cleveland is going to spend their MLE on Kidd after not cashing in their big expiring contract this season.
Thanks for the resonable perspective - Kidd may want to go to Cleveland or Kidd may want to try to drive the price of his contract up, but I don't think Kidd will fit into what Cleveland needs.
bm0155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #22
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
If he wants the best chance to win a title, then Cleveland is a no doubter.
Don't tell this Dirk. Otherwise I could imagine the following scenario: If Cleveland can keep LBJ in 2010 and as far as I know (read it recently at nba.com) they will have the cap space to sign another free agent for a max contract (e.g. Wade), maybe Dirk would agree then for a min. contract to get his ring. I know, he always stated that he wants to bring a title to Dallas and I really hope so too, but he knows that his window is getting smaller and smaller... Moreover, in 2010 Dallas would get nothing for him if he opts out, right? Hmm...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #23
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I said all these about Kidd leaving around the trade dealine and what was said at that time was the Mavs will look to offer him a 1 yr 10 mil contract or something of the like. He can't get that money elsewhere. Players say this stuff all the time. It's how you drive up your asking price. I think if the same question was asked of any player on a team looking at the 8th seed to have a chance to play with a chamionship contender the answer would be yeah I would love to.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #24
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
Kidd has a lot of options out there. I doubt he would get very high offers from a lot of teams, though. Also, if the Lakers or Cavs are interested, he may have to settle for a much lower contract but one which gives him a bigger chance of getting a ring.

Kidd loves LeBron. They have this mutual admiration for each other. They seem to be really good pals. I honestly think Kidd wouldn't mind settling for less money to be able to play with either LeBron or Kobe. I think he will really wait and see what the Mavs' front office will do in the off season. See what talent they can bring in to mesh with his style of play and see if the Mavs are in a position to make a real run at a championship next year. If no major changes happen, I foresee him signing for less with either the Cavs or the Lakers, if these teams are interested.
I agree.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #25
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

like i said on the other forum , if us mavericks fans are worrying about a 36 year old leaving us to sign with a better team i say fucken go he does nothing that anyone else can't do on our team ,we need to develop a pg that can score without that we are pooched in the west , like houston they will be gone again in the first round because they got no pg , we'll have to see what happens to mavs come summer time but this team has some good trade chips , we will be elite again come 2010
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #26
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

sumbitch
Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #27
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankvizza View Post
like i said on the other forum , if us mavericks fans are worrying about a 36 year old leaving us to sign with a better team i say fucken go he does nothing that anyone else can't do on our team ,we need to develop a pg that can score without that we are pooched in the west , like houston they will be gone again in the first round because they got no pg , we'll have to see what happens to mavs come summer time but this team has some good trade chips , we will be elite again come 2010
Step 1) Watch more basketball; try to actually learn a thing or two
Step 2) ???
Step 3) Profit.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-30-2009 at 09:56 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #28
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Are these appropriate comments on Kidd's part? At least part of me thinks he should answer any question about free agency with "I'm a Dallas Maverick."
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Are these appropriate comments on Kidd's part? At least part of me thinks he should answer any question about free agency with "I'm a Dallas Maverick."
Exactly - at least wait until the season is over to start talking about Free Agency...

He might not be going to Cleveland, but that doesn't mean he's staying in Dallas...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #30
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

If Kidd of leaves this offseason, please don't start Barea. If anything you better do your best to try to sign Raymond Felton this offseason.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #31
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I think, Barea can´t improve any more. What we see is his level. He might have his qualities, but those are nearly useless when you can´t rely on those. Especially when a player, like Josh, is out. He has to be traded.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 03-30-2009 at 10:37 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #32
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
I think, Barea can´t improve any more. What we see is his level. He might have his qualities, but those are nearly useless when you can´t rely on those. Especially when a player, like Josh, is out. He has to be traded.
...and Josh Howard too.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #33
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
I said all these about Kidd leaving around the trade dealine and what was said at that time was the Mavs will look to offer him a 1 yr 10 mil contract or something of the like. He can't get that money elsewhere. Players say this stuff all the time. It's how you drive up your asking price. I think if the same question was asked of any player on a team looking at the 8th seed to have a chance to play with a chamionship contender the answer would be yeah I would love to.
Yep, every visit in to a viable team will no doubt draw the media questions, it happens with every legit player on his contract year.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

It may not be a bad idea to let him go. He is decent but we don't have anyone of significance on the up swing of their career. I wouldn't offer much at all to keep him personally, he is very limited and will only decline next year.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #35
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Guys Im scared
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #36
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Let's be real.. The probability of Kidd signing with the Mavericks for another one year deal is better than people think it is. Would he have a better shot at a ring somewhere else? Of course he would, but who wants a 36 year old PG in this league? It's obvious that he would only have one more season (maybe two) left in him and given the 09-10 free agency market he really is at the bottom of the PG totem pole, no matter how legendary he is.

He's a remarkable true PG. Yeah, he doesn't score as much as CP3 but he creates and plays defense. What Dallas needs to do is get another Devin Harris caliber PG project and put him under kidd for a season. Look at what Kidd has given the Mavericks.. He's turned barea into an NBA midget that warms a small portion of the bench to a PG that can actually go out and make a difference in some games. He's created a situation where Dirk and Terry could both have one of the best season of their careers, and I truly believe that he, alongside with the more defensive trades, have allowed the Mavericks to make it this far.

I truly hope that Cuban takes his billion dollars and turns around and buys out someone like Bosh to put alongside Dirk as well as resigning Kidd. The only thing missing from that equation would be a PG to put under Kidd so that he could work his magic on creating a true PG for Dallas to use for future seasons.

If Cuban were to do that we'd have a great shot at the rings next season as well as have a talent to build around for the future. I truly believe that Bosh is the key to Dallas winning rings in the future. He's from Dallas and he doesn't care for being in Toronto.. I'd hate to get rid of Green because he has so much talent, but if it took trading Bass/Green/Howard to get Bosh then I'd be game. I'd rather it be Bass/Green/$$$$$$$$$ but it's all whatever I guess.

It is what it is.

If Kidd leaves then we'll just have to replace him with a younger talent. It might not be an immediate payoff but at least it will work out in the long run (hopefully). I still think it's ridiculous that we traded half of the puzzle for the other half. What we needed was Devin Harris under Kidd so he could learn some defense and become a better creator on and off the ball.. We got rid of the pupil to buy the teacher, but now the teacher doesn't have any class to teach.

Doesn't make much sense.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #37
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
nbadraft.net 2009 mock draft has us taking point guard Ty Lawson from North Carolina.
I would love this.

edit: There are a good amount of point guards (hybrid SGs) that could opt for the NBA this year. Brandon Jennings, Stephen Curry (SG technically), Tyreke Evans, Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, Jrue Holliday, Darren Collison and etc...

Let Kidd go and draft a PG. Sign a swingman.

Last edited by nikeball; 03-30-2009 at 12:07 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #38
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
Let's be real.. The probability of Kidd signing with the Mavericks for another one year deal is better than people think it is. Would he have a better shot at a ring somewhere else?

Last edited by GermanDunk; 03-30-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: erratum
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #39
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-30-2009 at 12:09 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #40
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Kidd for Harris was for a nba title for the Mavs two years and the Mavs found out those two nba titles wasn't going to happen. I won't go into why not.

If i was Kidd, i would play for free to play with Lebron. I thought Cleveland could compete after a while for a title with Lebron but this quick. This guy simply amazes me. This guy is one amazing talent. To the point, i think their team this year can compete and has a good shot at beating Boston and Orlando. If Lebron wants Kidd, Lebron will probably get what he wants. I would do all i can to keep him happy and in Cleveland. I also agree with the poster in here saying Kidd doesn't play their style and why want Kidd? Cleveland plays beautiful half court offense and can penetrate. Like the one poster mentions, give the ball to Lebron or Kobe as the clock winds down, half court, either go in for a dunk or lay up, jump shot or penetrate and kick out to Williams and he knocks down a three or Kobe penetrate and kick out to his pg or a few others that will knock down the three. Both have the perfect situation and what also helps both teams is a big man in the middle that teams must defend in Z or Bynum and Gasol.

Kidd is crazy to stay here and he should be paling around with Lebron daily to get that deal done. He will be ok at Cleveland but Williams is alot better than Kidd at this point. I also agree with a poster in here, Dallas needs to quit playing tiddly winks running around trying to get players like Faz, Wally World, or Nash back, Antoine Walker, or whatever else has been but get someone that can make a basket in the painted area. We have not got one person after Harris leaving that can make a basket in the paint. Maybe a couple times a month Bass can and Barea is about the only player on this team that can make a lay up in the paint. Is he maybe 5'5"?

So yes the poster that mentions get Bosh or someone to play along side Dirk is where Dallas needs to go. Not more Antoine Walker's, Kidd's, Nash's because they are all about 40 or 50 years old. If they don't, Dirk needs to tell Cuban, i am ready to hit the road and ship me also to the Lakers, Spurs, maybe Houston, Utah, Boston, Cleveland or Orlando. No Dallas got nothing for Harris but again it was a one time crap shoot for a title for a year or two. It didn't work. Cuban forgot we couldn't score in the paint, he took away our penetrater and traded for someone older than Nash. Plus teams made Kidd a shooter for us.

Kidd should go for a ring no matter his pay. It is not his fault about this team but it was never a good fit. Plus he is not what he use to be and if Dallas wants to flutter around in the wind Dirk seriously needs to ask for a pass out of Dallas. Let him have a chance in his prime. It will also be some big changes in Phx i would think and please Cuban, don't bring Nash, Fin, Bradley back or Walker because none of them is going to bring you a title. Be sensible.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
return of bballgirl?