Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default postgame trash talk: 4-1-2010 Magic versus Mavs | 97-82

Old 04-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

beatdown

Butler really had it going.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

boo
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

What The Puck Was That?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
SCOOTERJ55

SCOOTERJ55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our team was flat. Other than Dirk we were pretty awful on offence, and not much better on defence. Haywood had some flashes of energy. Kidd, Butler, Marion and Jet were playing well below full strength. It's tough coming off an overtime game on the road the night prior against a well rested elite level team.

The Magic were quite phenomenal. I really like the way that they play with Dwight and 4 shooters. The high pick and roll with Dwight really frees up their shooters and we had no answers. Any team that can go 14-24 three pointers will be tough to beat. Pietrus had a great game (6-6 threes). I think the Magic are right up there with the Cavs and the Lakers right now.

I felt that Orlando should have looked to Dwight a bit more in the second half on offence. He was just savaging our bigs, and could have fouled out both Haywood and Damp. I don't think Dwight took more than 2 or 3 shots in the second.

Overall, nothing too much to worry about - there's no shame in losing to the Magic on the back end of a back to back.
SCOOTERJ55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Magic beat that crap out of us with 3's. The big thing I was concerned about were:
1. Caron/Marion looked scared to take it into the lane because they might look bad.
2. Only jjb was willing to go in and get blocked. EDIT: Jet also was willing to take it inside.
3. Dirk also could have taken it into the paint but did not.

Caron in particular was a ball stopper. He'd get a pass and immediately stop and wait for the defender. Dude you are open, either shoot it or drive it, but don't just sit there and look at it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-02-2010 at 09:52 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #7
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I still do not understand why RC did not put Dirk back in when we cut into the lead in the 4th. We got it all the way down to 9 with like 4-5 minutes left. You HAVE t put Dirk in then (honestly he should have been in mid-way through that run. We still had a chance to win and the threw in the towel.) He doesn't put Dirk back in when it's cut to 9.

Then he finally puts Dirk back in when it balloons back to 15 and the game actually IS over. That makes 0.0000% sense. You want to concede the loss even when we cut it to single digits? That's idiotic, but fine. But then to put Dirk BACK in when the game is in fact over? Well that's just insultingly stupid.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #8
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Boy, that JJ barea. he's a budding allstar I tell ya.

now if that doesnt crack a smile on your face in such an awful night, hit the sack and sleep this one off.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #9
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Good thing I like pulling for underdogs... it will serve me well this postseason.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #10
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Perimeter defense and rebounding.............
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:12 AM   #11
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I still do not understand why RC did not put Dirk back in when we cut into the lead in the 4th. We got it all the way down to 9 with like 4-5 minutes left. You HAVE t put Dirk in then (honestly he should have been in mid-way through that run. We still had a chance to win and the threw in the towel.) He doesn't put Dirk back in when it's cut to 9.

Then he finally puts Dirk back in when it balloons back to 15 and the game actually IS over. That makes 0.0000% sense. You want to concede the loss even when we cut it to single digits? That's idiotic, but fine. But then to put Dirk BACK in when the game is in fact over? Well that's just insultingly stupid.
Their lead was down to 10 when Dirk was about to get up, it was back to 12 when he took his pants off, and when he checked in Pietrus just hit another three. Bad timing that's all. We had a chance after Dirk entered the game. He himself missed a three that could have changed the outcome of the game.

Anyway, wouldn't have made a difference, cause they where very good a shooting the ball and grabbing crucial rebounds after rare misses. I think we were just a step slow all night long. Nothing that cannot be fixed when the playoffs start.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 04-02-2010 at 08:13 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

JJ Barea come back and we lose...coincidence? HA probably not all Barea, but I don't like him. And what is up with Butler?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Magic beat that crap out of us with 3's. The big thing I was concerned about were:
1. Caron/Marion looked scared to take it into the lane because they might look bad.
2. Only jjb was willing to go in and get blocked. EDIT: Jet also was willing to take it inside.
3. Dirk also could have taken it into the paint but did not.

Caron in particular was a ball stopper. He'd get a pass and immediately stop and wait for the defender. Dude you are open, either shoot it or drive it, but don't just sit there and look at it.
This

especially 1, 2 and 3.

Bunch of sissy scared to get their shot blocked is what it seemed.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
JJ Barea come back and we lose...coincidence? HA probably not all Barea, but I don't like him.
UNthis

Old 04-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #15
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Quote:
JJ Barea come back and we lose...coincidence? HA probably not all Barea, but I don't like him. And what is up with Butler?
JJB was the only reason we didnt lose by 30 last night.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #16
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

An old team looking flat after an overtime game on the road just the day before? With the playoffs looming, and a playoff spot clinched.

This isn't to say that we should just say, "Oh well, we'll get them next time." The Mavericks have got to play better than that, especially Butler and Marion.

But this loss is understandable. Its not a freak 30 point loss to the Knicks. Its not losing to Portland by letting Andre Miller go for 50. Its merely a team coming off an emotional road game and being flat. Shots not going in, mental mistakes, lack of effort.

Props to Carlisle for his handling of Roddy. He gave him a chance to prove that he can be our backup point guard after dropping 40 points. Roddy showed he wasn't ready. He's been terrible the last three games...butchering fast breaks and not hitting shots. I still think Roddy can be a game changer, of course, as we all do. But as of right now, JJ should retake his backup PG duties and Roddy should be the 5 mpg at SG in the 2nd quarter, earning more time if he plays well.

I agree Carlisle should have put Dirk in sooner, but I don't think it was as egregious as you all say. The team was floundering, and all of a sudden, they hit a few shots and got close. This is when Carlisle should have put Dirk in. Instead, he let them play a couple of possesions more, and the lead remained the same, so he went to put Dirk in, and then Orlando hit some shots and the game was over.

We need to finish strong.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #17
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
JJ Barea come back and we lose...coincidence? HA probably not all Barea, but I don't like him.
^this it is not.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #18
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Carter-itis.

When Kidd was playing with VC back in NJ, this would annoy the hell out of me. It's like you're letting the defense recover, you have them on their heels, attack.....utterly frustrating. It's like they have a leg injury or somthing.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
An old team looking flat after an overtime game on the road just the day before? With the playoffs looming, and a playoff spot clinched.

This isn't to say that we should just say, "Oh well, we'll get them next time." The Mavericks have got to play better than that, especially Butler and Marion.

But this loss is understandable. Its not a freak 30 point loss to the Knicks. Its not losing to Portland by letting Andre Miller go for 50. Its merely a team coming off an emotional road game and being flat. Shots not going in, mental mistakes, lack of effort.

Props to Carlisle for his handling of Roddy. He gave him a chance to prove that he can be our backup point guard after dropping 40 points. Roddy showed he wasn't ready. He's been terrible the last three games...butchering fast breaks and not hitting shots. I still think Roddy can be a game changer, of course, as we all do. But as of right now, JJ should retake his backup PG duties and Roddy should be the 5 mpg at SG in the 2nd quarter, earning more time if he plays well.

I agree Carlisle should have put Dirk in sooner, but I don't think it was as egregious as you all say. The team was floundering, and all of a sudden, they hit a few shots and got close. This is when Carlisle should have put Dirk in. Instead, he let them play a couple of possesions more, and the lead remained the same, so he went to put Dirk in, and then Orlando hit some shots and the game was over.

We need to finish strong.
It is a very tough call about roddy as first pg or not. But I think I disagree about having jjb retake the backup pg duties. I'd keep him in as a change of pace and as a sparkplug. I kind of like the way that roddy runs the point versus jjb (he's making mistakes for sure and if he continues, rc cannot continue). But his playmaking is more distributive than jjb's is, jjb is much more of a scoring point it appears.

I'd like to see how roddy does the rest of the year or few games anyway.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #20
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is a very tough call about roddy as first pg or not. But I think I disagree about having jjb retake the backup pg duties. I'd keep him in as a change of pace and as a sparkplug. I kind of like the way that roddy runs the point versus jjb (he's making mistakes for sure and if he continues, rc cannot continue). But his playmaking is more distributive than jjb's is, jjb is much more of a scoring point it appears.

JJB will certainly jack up some shots off a pick and roll, and there are times when he doesn't get the post (meaning Dirk) enough touches. I still think Roddy should get minutes in this next game, but give him some 2 guard minutes, and give JJB some PG minutes, and let's see where they stand at half time. Just like Roddy was rewarded for his 40 point game, you have to give JJ some minutes after 16 minutes in 17 minutes.

JJB's shot may very well have been a fluke game, and he just got hot. But even though I dislike Barea, if he's shot is going down (like it was early in the year) he's a plus for this team in 10-20 minute stretches.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #21
SMC0007
Guru

It depends on who is on the floor with him. He's going to be a badass sooner than later tho. Those types find a position to play and coaches find them minutes. Mark that down in your underpants!

Old 04-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #22
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Thank God I couldn't watch it. Must have been awul.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #23
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:

You really think Roddy's a distributor? All the games I've seen, his effectiveness is *almost* completely dependent on his 3 point shot.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #24
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Take it easy...I didn't get to watch the game so I couldn't tell. I'm just not a big Barea supporter, sorry. That's why I said "probably not"...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
You really think Roddy's a distributor? All the games I've seen, his effectiveness is *almost* completely dependent on his 3 point shot.
I think calling him a distributor is a little bit much, he tries but he hasn't been that good at it.

But when he does run the point he tries to get out of the way versus monopolizing the ball and looking for his shot like JJB. JJB seems more like a Jet starter kit with much better handles and niftier moves around the basket. If jet had jjb's handles we wouldn't be talking about a backup point being an issue for example.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #26
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post

theres a sign.

Sure his game is better when he is draining 3's but he can be a one man fast break at times. He gets to the rim and finished really well. I would definitely say that his effectiveness as a distributor depends on who is on the floor with him. If you have JJb, Najera, Damp, Marion on the court you want Roddy looking to pass?

Old 04-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #27
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Tony Parker was a pretty poor passer early in his career. He looked a lot like Roddy does, but with slightly better finishing around the rim and significantly worse perimeter shooting.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #28
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

disappointed....
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #29
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Tony Parker was a pretty poor passer early in his career. He looked a lot like Roddy does, but with slightly better finishing around the rim and significantly worse perimeter shooting.
He still averaged more assists per 36 minutes and less turnovers per 36 minutes in his rookie year than Roddy currently does.

And Parker is still a pretty average passer for a point guard.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
He still averaged more assists per 36 minutes and less turnovers per 36 minutes in his rookie year than Roddy currently does.

And Parker is still a pretty average passer for a point guard.
That's not a fair comparison. Parker started 72 games his rookie year because he was the best PG on the team. He got to play the vast majority of his minutes with the starters.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #31
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

On to the next one.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs desperately need a 2nd scorer. They have alot of solid #3 and #4 guys.. but they don't have the consistent #2 guy. And yes, I'd prefer a #2 scorer to be someone that isn't quite so reliant on the 3pt shot.

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-02-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

Yeah but it would be nice if that guy could actually hit 3's too tho.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, but I'd rather that not be the guys main offensive weapon.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #35
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Well having a Dirk around can get you lazy quickly.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

Yeah I had hoped that caron would be much more of a forceful player, but he seems (at least at the moment) to be a perimeter guy and only a fair shooter at that.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I had hoped that caron would be much more of a forceful player, but he seems (at least at the moment) to be a perimeter guy and only a fair shooter at that.
He doesn't seem to have his legs under him. He looks more like 35 than 30. No lift with the shot. Hey, if he had a stomach bug then free pass for me. Those are rough, especially when you're an NBA player. But Butler needs a good game....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #38
tcat075
Diamond Member

Whatever happened to the play where you dumped it off to the center at the elbow, had Butler come from the baseline, take the handoff, and drain a wide open 18 foot jumper thanks to the "screen"? I remember that play during the winning streak be money, but now, when he give it to the center in the high post, its always right inside the three point line, where there's not enough room.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #39
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He doesn't seem to have his legs under him. He looks more like 35 than 30. No lift with the shot. Hey, if he had a stomach bug then free pass for me. Those are rough, especially when you're an NBA player. But Butler needs a good game....
Yeah, this too. I hope he's still just a bit under the weather. I really hope that's part of the problem. Combine it with a cold shooting streak and that's the reason Butler's been terrible lately.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #40
LonghornDub

If it makes anyone feel better, Pietrus is doing it to the Spurs tonight as well. 4-5 for 10 points. Difference is, Spurs are actually scoring, so it's a close game.

Tags
more pkdumbass