Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: who should start at center in game 6
start haywood, back him up with eddie 23 50.00%
start haywood, back him with dampier 23 50.00%
start dampier 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all
Default who should start at center for game 6?

i feel like a broken record because ive been saying it this whole series.

we should have seen what was on the trading block for erick dampier, and is we could have gotten a mcdonalds double cheeseburger for him we should have grabbed it up.

stupid question, but haywood or damp for game 6?
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post

we should have seen what was on the trading block for erick dampier, and is we could have gotten a mcdonalds double cheeseburger for him we should have grabbed it up.
You are an idiot
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

You're kidding, right? Carlisle is a GD'd idiot and nearly cost us this series by refusing to play the best C on this team.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler View Post
You're kidding, right? Carlisle is a GD'd idiot and nearly cost us this series by refusing to play the best C on this team.
Both are inconsistent, glad Haywood was good today but lets not get carried away
Old 04-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
You are an idiot
excellent comeback (oh wait, i didnt insult you. my bad)
Old 04-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood is MUCH better when he starts. For whatever reason he seems to play like shit off the bench. I voted B. But I fear it will be A.

Last edited by CadBane; 04-27-2010 at 10:55 PM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't put up a JJB option?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 04-27-2010 at 11:00 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Both are inconsistent, glad Haywood was good today but lets not get carried away
In games where Haywood starts and gets big minutes, he's been MUCH better this year and a factor in games. It's only when he got sent to the bench that he regressed.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Start Haywood, back him up with Dampier, and have Eddie use some fouls on Timmy at the ends of quarters to keep the fouls off of Wood and Damp.
I wouldn't mind Eddie in there against Blair.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #10
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really sure why Haywood got benched for Dampier to begin with.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #11
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
That's right.
I had an inckling that even though Damp had experience with Timmy' momentum and weight shifting to know where to get in position, but I still wanted to give Haywood the start game 1, to at least give him a chance and se if he could do a good job. Damp still does an excellent job making Duncan's strong shoulder alot less "go-to"....but what Haywood lacks in that veteran knowledge, I believe he more than makes up with by securing offensive rebounds (not just tapping them around), and help defense, especially given how little the Spurs slashers think of Damp's shot-blocking presence (lack thereof)

Last edited by DULLAH; 04-27-2010 at 11:06 PM.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #12
mav4ever

Quote:
thats a good question.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #13
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Where is the option to vote for Eddie Najera to start?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #14
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Obviously Haywood, you'd be a retard to think otherwise.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #15
mav4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
duly noted

i'd just be happy with seeing as much of him in game 6 as we did tonight.

(and as much as we did damp too)
Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
mav4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Obviously Haywood, you'd be a retard to think otherwise.
agreed.

and just for conversation sake, pryor to what point in time would one be exempted from retardation status for thinking it should be damp?

(ive never thought it should be damp by the way)
Old 04-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #17
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
This.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #18
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
agreed.

and just for conversation sake, pryor to what point in time would one be exempted from retardation status for thinking it should be damp?

(ive never thought it should be damp by the way)
Its your trade comment that is idiotic very good chance Damp will be part of a star deal this off season
Old 04-28-2010, 12:39 AM   #19
mav4ever

Quote:
Its your trade comment that is idiotic very good chance Damp will be part of a star deal this off season
ya, i couldnt find the sarcasm smiley.

i didnt literally mean a damp trade involving the aquisition of a double cheeseburger was actually sound team management, it was more of a joke, and i had no idea anyone would take it so seriously as to question my trade moxy

sorry if i was somewhat misleading about his true worth, as he is easily worth more that a double cheeseburger
Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #20
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
ya, i couldnt find the sarcasm smiley.

i didnt literally mean a damp trade involving the aquisition of a double cheeseburger was actually sound team management, it was more of a joke, and i had no idea anyone would take it so seriously as to question my trade moxy

sorry if i was somewhat misleading about his true worth, as he is easily worth more that a double cheeseburger
haha nice, but Damp gave us some really good minutes this year and some pathetic ones. A nice bench player
Old 04-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #21
mav4ever

Quote:
haha nice, but Damp gave us some really good minutes this year and some pathetic ones. A nice bench player
i do think he is far more effective coming off the bench. thinking back to '06, he was quite effective behind diop, and thats something i hadnt really considered. he seems to be a bit more competitive in that role.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #22
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I believe he was started because at the time Terry was not shooting well and the second unit was having trougble scoring points. This resulted in the mavs not running and stagnating. Haywood is a much better defender in that he actually leaves his man to help out on the guards when they drive. Damp just sits in the middle and waits.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote