Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default General influence of 2006 (media coverage etc)

Dan Crawford reffing a game in the Portland series caught major headlines the day before the game. It was also during a phase where some 1st round games ended with horrible calls/missed calls. For me it was pretty obvious that the NBA choosed Dan with the expectation to get some "good" headlines after a well reffed game. And Dan did whistle pretty good.

2006 (game 5 and 6) was allready topic at SC yesterday, so i expect it will be a HUGE topic.

I dont know what to expect but the NBA really cant afford another debacle like 2006. The Mavs with their buttload of ring chasing veterans are the good guys this year, the Heat are the team that will anyway dominate the next 5 years.

Another whistle nightmare, Heat dominance without any of their key role player (Miller, Haslem) full healthy, potential lockout, further ring chasing whores in Miami, this could be some heavy damage for the NBA.

The Heat will get their calls, also a tons of "weak" once due to their playing style but i think definatly not 2006 style in combination with Haslem raping Dirk.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-27-2011 at 09:14 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

I feel we can beat them even with bad reffing,cause Wade is injured and we are really a better team.

Last edited by beatLA; 05-27-2011 at 09:37 AM.
beatLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
Brad Kessler

Brad Kessler is on a distinguished road

The Heat are also better this time around and won't need as many bad calls to influence the outcome. I still don't trust the league but I agree that there will be a microscope on that aspect.
Brad Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

The key for this to work will be for Cuban to remain silent. It appears as though the officiating has gotten a touch better...but no doubt if Cuban or anyone else in the organization where to raise a stink about officiating, it could influence how the games are officiated and not in a positive way.

Hopefully, this will not be an issue ... but no doubt there will be missed and poor calls...just hopefully, these even out...not only in types/amounts of calls, but in the timing of the calls.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

This time thing will be more balanced the NBA can't afford a media circus with the lockout looming.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Haslem will not be able to hound Dirk like he did in '06. The refs will have to be on better behavior and Dirk is a much improved offensive threat since then. And Haslem hasn't gotten any better. And Bosh is soft as hell.

The Heat will sorely miss Shaq/Mourning.

Last edited by pkdumas; 05-28-2011 at 01:34 AM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:02 AM   #7
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
Haslem will not be able to hound Dirk like he did in '06. The refs will have to be on better behavior and Dirk is a much improved offensive threat since then. And Haslem hasn't gotten any better. And Bosh is soft as hell.

The Heat will sorely miss Shaq/Mourning.
I feel if Haslem isn't careful Dirk will be going to the line a lot.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #8
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

What if LeBron ends up guarding Dirk, which way will the calls go?
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #9
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I think with the Media scrutiny the refs will be afraid not to make a call if James fouls Dirk.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #10
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
I think with the Media scrutiny the refs will be afraid not to make a call if James fouls Dirk.
Never underestimate David Stern.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:21 AM   #11
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
Never underestimate David Stern.
True, but with Cuban keeping his mouth shut and the Mavs being the feel good story of the post season Stern may want a fairy tale ending.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #12
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
its a good question, first of all Lebron is not really experienced guarding guys with backs to their baskets, Lebron is the best penetration stopping defender but nobody has any clue how Lebron will be able to guard Dirk and his unique style
Old 05-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #13
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

If it's more shady things going on again in these Finals then get ready for a LONG lockout because there's no way the owners are gonna let another super team happen.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #14
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Dirk: “We were up 2-0, man. With home-court advantage!”
Kidd: “At least you had a home-court advantage. We had to beg fans to show up.”
Dirk: “Dwyane Wade was a beast. Too much to overcome.”
Kidd: “Try beating Shaq and Kobe and then Duncan and Robinson.”
Dirk: “This may be my last chance. I’m 32.”
Kidd: “Got you by six years.”
"

THIS IS OUR TIME