Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ESPN sinks to a new low....

So, after the Mavs game, I was catching the end of the GTech/Georgia game. Well, they show the Mavs/Heat score across the bottom. After the score, it shows some details of the game as usual. Well, ESPN listed how many points, rebounds, and assists the top 4 Heat players had but listed not a single detail for the Mavs. Talk about sucking on some DWade and Lebron nuts. Shouldn't ESPN be better than that at least on the bottom scroll where they show the game details?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe once they start a Mavs Index?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Since when the Heat play with more than three players?
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised that you're surprised.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #5
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would ESPN show statistics for an obvious inferior 12-4 Mavericks team when the best team in the league, the 9-8 Heat, are playing?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Yep, I've noticed ESPN has been doing this since the season started. Any time they show a Heat game score at the bottom of the screen, they show stats on Dwade, Lebron, and Bosh. Most of the games they just show the score.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I remember as far back as around last year's playoffs, ABC/ESPN had a tab on their score strip, alongside, NBA, NHL, MLB, Lebron Watch or something close to it. I think the one time I paid attention to it, Oakley was quoted as saying something about where LBJ would end up.....crazy stuff.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN sinks to an old low?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:12 AM   #9
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Before the season started, ESPN kept advertising "The Race for 72".

72 losses?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:15 AM   #10
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

It's interesting to watch highlights of Heat games, both on ESPN and NBATV, because they show 90% Heat highlights, and then they flash the score, and the Heat lose. I guess the Heat are the most stylish mediocre team in the league right now.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:19 AM   #11
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

The heat are a mixture of lady gaga and justin bieber. Unfortunately we have to live with it.
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:27 AM   #12
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
It's interesting to watch highlights of Heat games, both on ESPN and NBATV, because they show 90% Heat highlights, and then they flash the score, and the Heat lose. I guess the Heat are the most stylish mediocre team in the league right now.
Tonight's game
ESPN: Heat got 1 out of 5 highlights
NBATV: Heat got 6 out of 12 highlights

Yup I counted.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 11-28-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Are we really THAT concerned about the ticker, sheesh.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:20 AM   #14
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Tonight's game
ESPN: Heat got 1 out of 5 highlights
NBATV: Heat got 6 out of 12 highlights

Yup I counted.
I guess I didn't convey might point well. The Heat lost. If the shoe was on the other foot and the Mavs lose, what do you think the ratio would be? Usually, the winning team gets a greater chunk of the highlights. I watched the NBATV highlights tonight, as well, so that was where I was coming from most recently. If you could go back for me and watch every highlight package for every game the Heat have played thus far and give me the breakdown, that would be great.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:16 AM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I guess I didn't convey might point well. The Heat lost. If the shoe was on the other foot and the Mavs lose, what do you think the ratio would be? Usually, the winning team gets a greater chunk of the highlights. I watched the NBATV highlights tonight, as well, so that was where I was coming from most recently. If you could go back for me and watch every highlight package for every game the Heat have played thus far and give me the breakdown, that would be great.
No thanks, I don't have the stomach for that.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Are we really THAT concerned about the ticker, sheesh.
yes
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote