Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
skakavac

skakavac has a spectacular aura aboutskakavac has a spectacular aura about
Default PGT THE NBA WHERE AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN

like the refs and ESPN kissing someone's A$$

What a joke. So many no-calls on fouls by the Knicks, so many touch fouls on the Mavs in the 4th

Last edited by skakavac; 02-19-2012 at 03:37 PM.
skakavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Wright, Odom, Marion, Jones, and Carter were all pretty awful today. Bad things happen when 55% of your rotation plays like garbage. With a low profile Nowitzki fourth quarter and a bunch of missed threes, and what felt like the worst defense we've played in 20 games, the Mavs deserved this loss and the refs had very little to do with it.

This is what happens when you can't guard a high pick & roll. Well earned loss.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Lamar is a serious drag on this team. Without West or Roddy, JET and Kidd are forced to play extra minutes (plus DoJo) and the Mavericks got exposed in the backcourt to JR and Lin.

Dirk played great but can't do it alone.

Lin and Chandler both played boss games.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post

Lin and Chandler both played boss games.
you said that because their on your fantasy team
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
you said that because their on your fantasy team
But they did!

Old 02-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
With a low profile Nowitzki fourth quarter
Low profile playmaking.

Dirk did not get the ball in the 4th as much as he should.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

LO was just ridiculous out there today. You could just tell he looked uncomfortable dribbling the ball up prior to tht turnover at the end of the 3rd.

The offense just disappears when LO comes on the floor for Dirk. You just gotta keep the ball out of his hands when the offense is setting up. He needs someone to feed him the ball. He keeps doing tht dropping his head and then missing a lay up or TO thing.

The refs were just ridiculous. Shot clock was abt to run out in the 4th and they call a foul on Dirk, TC hits 2 free throws right after. Dirk gets shooter in the air, creates contact, no call. NYK get touch fouls tho.

All in all from the end of the 3rd quarter it was hard to watch. NYK ended the 3rd on a 7-0 run and hit a 3 to start the 4th. I think it extended to a 12-0 run from the 3rd. NYK made 6 threes in the 4th. Tht didn't help us at all either.

Great game from Dirk.

Looking at the stats, both teams looked pretty even, but watching it told a different story.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wright, Odom, Marion, Jones, and Carter were all pretty awful today. Bad things happen when 55% of your rotation plays like garbage. With a low profile Nowitzki fourth quarter and a bunch of missed threes, and what felt like the worst defense we've played in 20 games, the Mavs deserved this loss and the refs had very little to do with it.

This is what happens when you can't guard a high pick & roll. Well earned loss.
How was Marion awful?

The overall defense wasn't great, but do you realize how many points they scored one bailout threes? There was a huge amount of luck involved here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

The play that really bothered me was a Kidd turnover in the third quarter where he was above the three point line and tried to force a pass to the block, leading to a fast break. Odom didn't run back, he just shrugged his shoulders and stared at Kidd.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
But they did!
Anytime you start a player on your fantasy team that is playing against the Mavericks the terrorists win, Rabbit. On a per game basis, I think I'm finally out of last place. Wa-hoo!
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
How was Marion awful?

The overall defense wasn't great, but do you realize how many points they scored one bailout threes? There was a huge amount of luck involved here.
Marion was awful because he could not guard Jeremy Lin. It is of course Kidd's job to guard point guards, but hey.. Kidd is great... lol

Last edited by markus1234; 02-19-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
Anytime you start a player on your fantasy team that is playing against the Mavericks the terrorists win, Rabbit. On a per game basis, I think I'm finally out of last place. Wa-hoo!
i want josh smith, send me a proposal.

Mavs will bounce back.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

my eyeball test told me amare damaged knicks whenever he stepped on the court (confirmed by his -18 number)

the coach with 3 first names seems determined to ride the new phenom to crash (46 mins, seriously?)

i strongly feel jr smith will do much more harm than good to that team in the long run.
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand how Ian gets a DNP-CD today. I would love to get an answer to this mystery.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
Justafix

Justafix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't understand how Ian gets a DNP-CD today. I would love to get an answer to this mystery.
he mis-timed his pregame-shout.
Justafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Too many people saying when Dirk is off the floor, Odom kills the team. This has always been a problem for years when Dirk is off the floor. A lot are saying it like it has never happened before.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The play that really bothered me was a Kidd turnover in the third quarter where he was above the three point line and tried to force a pass to the block, leading to a fast break. Odom didn't run back, he just shrugged his shoulders and stared at Kidd.
Yes! I thought I was the only person who noticed this, he didn't even attempt to get back on D. I'm so done with that guy. And I'm amazed how RC didn't bench him after that.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
markus1234
Platinum Member

Odom is like Josh Howard. A rhythm killer.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Kidd is great... lol
Yes he is. With him we can build big lead, without him being out we lose big lead and opponent team takes lead.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #20
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
How was Marion awful?

Awful's a strong word, and I only mean it relatively. Defensively he lost his concentration on his initial man (Lin, usually) a number of times after the high trap fell off and rotated back. He kept trying to shade his defender on the right, but kept getting beat off the dribble too. He was less aggressive on the boards, and subpar offensively as well.

Blaming this on fluke / lucky shots is ignoring the much larger problem. 19 turnovers, poor transition defense, wide open shots for Novak in the 4th, and slow defensive rotation were a much greater part of the story.

(Also, if you go to 1:07 in this video: http://www.nba.com/video/games/knick...al_nyk_1h.nba/ - and you'll see the Odom play I meant to refer to in my earlier post)

Quote:
Old 02-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #21
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Quote:
Odom is like Josh Howard. A rhythm killer.
I would trade Odom for Josh in a second.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #22
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofthefaith View Post
Too many people saying when Dirk is off the floor, Odom kills the team. This has always been a problem for years when Dirk is off the floor. A lot are saying it like it has never happened before.
when you have the last couple "6th men of the year" playing off the bench, it SHOULDN'T happen
Old 02-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

If this were a playoff game, I feel confident the Mavs would have won it. Kidd only played 28 minutes, and whenever he was out of the game, our offense seemed so much worse. Carlisle would no doubt increase his minutes if this game were more important. I'm optimistic that the Mavs seemed to thoroughly outplay them when Kidd and Dirk were on the floor.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #24
markus1234
Platinum Member

If if if if.... If Dirk does not make 4 3's, if Carmelo is in the game...if Chandler plays more minutes...

A loss is a loss.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #25
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig View Post
I would trade Odom for Josh in a second.
i agree
Old 02-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #26
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Yes he is. With him we can build big lead, without him being out we lose big lead and opponent team takes lead.
i agree!
with Kidd on the floor our offense was good...+12 in third quarter,with Jones and Odom we was terrible.

i wanted to see Roddy tonight...
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #27
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
If if if if.... If Dirk does not make 4 3's, if Carmelo is in the game...if Chandler plays more minutes...

A loss is a loss.
i think if melo played, dallas would've won
Old 02-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #28
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Awful's a strong word, and I only mean it relatively. Defensively he lost his concentration on his initial man (Lin, usually) a number of times after the high trap fell off and rotated back. He kept trying to shade his defender on the right, but kept getting beat off the dribble too. He was less aggressive on the boards, and subpar offensively as well.
How was he subpar offensively? He had 14 points on 11 shots and 1 trip to the line, and he only had a turnover to boot.

As for his defense on Lin, I thought he was put in a tough situation but his active hands contributed to several of Lin's turnovers in the third that helped the Mavericks win the game. And it seemed like a handful of Lin's points were happening when Marion was on the bench and Odom/the refs were bailing Lin out with fouls to send him to the stripe.

And let's not kid ourselves here. Lin is a 28% three point shooter this season, and he hit two cross 'em up threes. That's a shot you want him to take, and if he hits it, there's not a whole lot you can do.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #29
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

At least Josh had a go-to stepback move. Odom just fucking sucks. Trade for Howard please!
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #30
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

i can live with this one... knicks hit a lot of contested threes... that killed us along with allowing to many offensive boards when haywood is out. wright hasnt really been all that great in the last few games.
oh well... boston tomorrow.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

I know it's not really fair but I wish we kept him.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #32
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I still can't figure this one out either. I'm as big of a Wright fan as there is, but I still don't really think he's suited to play center in a really physical game as he just got out-muscled several times when trying to establish position for rebounds. If the refs are going to swallow their whistles (except when Lin is driving apparently), isn't that that the perfect type of game to put Mahinmi in?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 02-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #33
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

I thought this was a bad game for Wright to play a lot of minutes. Tyson just ate him up. He's too small to play consistently against the elite centers of the league.

Ian should have been given a chance.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I still can't figure this one out either. I'm as big of a Wright fan as there is, but I still don't really think he's suited to play center in a really physical game as he just got out-muscled several times when trying to establish position for rebounds. If the refs are going to swallow their whistles (except when Lin is driving apparently), isn't that that the perfect type of game to put Mahinmi in?
some telepathy goin on here
Old 02-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #35
markus1234
Platinum Member

Chandler probably schooled Ian in practice all season long...
Old 02-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #36
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Have we figured out who was (supposed to be) guarding Novak? To be honest, I still don't have a clue whose defensive assignment that was because I don't recall seeing a man on him so maybe it was just Carlisle's defensive strategy. Either way, someone deserves to be eviscerated for letting a great shooter get that many completely wide open looks.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 02-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #37
endrity
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Have we figured out who was (supposed to be) guarding Novak? To be honest, I still don't have a clue whose defensive assignment that was because I don't recall seeing a man on him so maybe it was just Carlisle's defensive strategy. Either way, someone deserves to be eviscerated for letting a great shooter get that many completely wide open looks.
I think we were playing a type of zone during those minutes , with two on top covering Lin and the other three staying behind. He found space in the zones and got hot.

As a good friend of mine says, the most dangerous man in sports is the white dude spotting up behind the 3pt line. Messaged him immediately after the game, he was right today.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #38
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Bullets:

Game:
  • @dallamavs lose to Knicks 112.23 to 104.67, first time since six games, that Mavs allowed >100 PP100
  • Mavs took a season-high 35.61 3FG P100, but took their average 2FG from only 5.95 feet (season-low)
  • Dallas also had trouble rebounding on the defensive end again (65.85%), but reached one of the better values at the offensive end (35.00%)
  • @dallasmavs attempted 37 shots in the paint, 33 from deep, on 11 other 2FGs.
Lineups:
  • Starting lineup (Def: 94.35) and closing unit /w Terry (Def: 81.90) outscored Knicks 59-40, all other units: 38-64.
  • Center-Watch: With Haywood, +36.76 EffDiff, 88.21 DefEff, 56.82% Rebounds - Wright: -67.15, 145.05 and 38.24%.
  • With key absentees, bench play suffers: Mavs were -46.62 on 128.90 DefEff when at least 3 bench players were out there.
  • Unadj. +/- to @swish41 at +109.93. Eff with him: 111.53 to 98.25. No love for Odom, Wright.
Players:
  • Odom was best rebounder at 17.7% but pretty bad otherwise
  • Dirk leads PER at 33.7, Marion & Terry >20, Jones, Kidd, Odom, Wright <10
  • Kidd couldn't back up his two good performances this week, one of three players (Odom, Wright) that contributed to the loss (neg WS48/WP48).
  • With Kidd on the floor, Lin had a 23.65 PER and shot 54.55%. DoJo: 11.96 PER on 42.86%.
Ranking & Stuff:
  • Here's the gameflow chart. Mavs rebound from poor 1st, but Knicks take the game in 4th
  • Mavs now 4th in Defensive Efficiency, 2nd on the road. Still 1st in Opp. FG%.

It's hard to win this game with two of your best perimeter defenders missing. DoJo did a decent job, but wasn't enough. Kidd continues his search for consistency, the last two games were brilliant, non-factor today, actually hurt the Mavs and can be accounted for the loss joining Odom and Wright.

Speaking of Wright: Haven't watched the whole game, but the numbers don't justify a time-share between him and Haywood.

Last edited by j0Shi; 02-19-2012 at 04:26 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #39
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
I think we were playing a type of zone during those minutes , with two on top covering Lin and the other three staying behind. He found space in the zones and got hot.

As a good friend of mine says, the most dangerous man in sports is the white dude spotting up behind the 3pt line. Messaged him immediately after the game, he was right today.
Ah, I thought we were still playing man because there were several times where it looked like Jones was pretty much guarding Lin one-on-one, but I wasn't paying really close attention so I guess it could have been zone.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 02-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #40
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Delonte being out really hurts us as well. We need another quality guard handling the ball when Kidd is out.

Its hard to believe how bad the offense gets with Kidd n Dirk are out. Of course its not going to be as great as when they are in, but damn you don't expect it to get as bad as it gets.

For a while I didn't put much blame on Odom, but this guy just seems to check out mentally at times. Its not even a matter of him not getting his shots or touches, its him not making smart plays. LO is too talented for the offense to get as bad as it gets when hes in.

As others have noted, Wright was just too small going up against TC. He might have got hacked a couple of times, but he's not big enough or strong enough to go up strong on TC.

Rotations gotta see some change until Delonte or Roddy comes back, because the offense is a mess right now at times.