Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-12-2001, 10:26 PM   #1
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Texas Rangers seem to be having a pretty good spring training. The pitchers dont seem to be doing to bad after all. We ought to have a pretty good year. What is everyone's thoughts
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2001, 10:54 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'm excited about the up-coming season. Should be fun this year with all the new guys. I still question there pitching but it should improve over last year because of the much improved defense. Are they World Series bound, No. They can probably win the West though.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to this year(besides A-Rod) is the battle of Texas series. A Rangers/Astros series is loooong over due.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 01:07 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm baseball..I think I've heard of it.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 09:23 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

What's this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] ? We get this new powerfull lineup that's supposed to score like 10 a game and they score 1 friggin run in the opener. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2001, 09:30 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Esteban Loiza was just dominating. I loved this guy when he was here. The Rangers are paying now for giving up on him.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 10:51 AM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I watched parts of that game..how many times did A-Rod trip out there?!
Old 04-02-2001, 10:55 AM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I think he had 4 errors. That's almost half of the total errors he had the entire season last year(9). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2001, 12:59 PM   #8
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

A's are gonna win the West rob...sorry to break it to ya.
Old 04-02-2001, 03:19 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Uh yeah, that's why I predicted the A's would win the west 2 months ago. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But if the Ranger's pitching holds up, we'll be right there at the end.

Old 04-02-2001, 03:21 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

Doesn't anyone around here talk about bball anymore? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2001, 03:34 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Baseball [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-02-2001, 03:46 PM   #12
Hales233
Golden Member

Rob, at the top of the thread it sounds like you think the Rangers are gonna take it.
Old 04-02-2001, 03:51 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

They CAN take the West, if there pitching can hold together. There offense alone will keep them in contention(or atleast it should).

Old 04-03-2001, 04:00 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

The Ranger BIG offense scored a hole 3 runs in the home opener. Atleast they won though. 3-2 over the Angel's.

Old 04-03-2001, 08:29 PM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

That powerful Ranger's linup is now 1-13 with runners in scoring position. YUK!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:35 PM   #16
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Hopefully they will get it together soon. Its only 2 games. Lets give them a few games and see what happens
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:38 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

I'm really getting sick of all the media coverage on A-Rod's less-than-perfect start! And you KNOW it's going to be like this all season long! Between A-Rod and the Cowboys, the Mavs making the playoffs just doesn't seem that important to the local sports media.
Old 04-04-2001, 09:45 PM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Offense showed up tonight kinda(7 runs), and Oliver pitched good(5+ shutout innings).

Old 04-04-2001, 10:05 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

Uhm so I take it they won?
Old 04-04-2001, 10:09 PM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yep. 7-3. Were with in 1 strike of a 7-0 shutout but then we gave up back to back homers in the 9th.

Old 04-07-2001, 02:40 PM   #21
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Saints running back and former Texas Longhorn Ricky Williams is mulling a return to baseball. Contact's the Texas Rangers.

Ricky to Rangers

Old 04-09-2001, 10:40 PM   #22
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I think that with Texas' loaded line-up, even in their losses, they should score 10+ runs. Even though it's still too early to tell, I think it's gonna be an other down year.
Old 04-12-2001, 09:51 AM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Where'd this Ramon Ortiz guy come from. I remember him from last year but he never pitched this good. I swear he's a Pedro clone. Completely dominated the Rangers offense. AGAIN!

4-5 record. Look at the brightside I guess. We're not in last(Oakland A's). It's still early though.

Old 04-13-2001, 10:29 PM   #24
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ranger's blowing sh!t up tonight. 8-0 in the 3rd.

Old 04-13-2001, 10:33 PM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

A-Rod, 1st homer as a Ranger. WOOHOO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] 9-0 Texas.

Old 04-14-2001, 12:04 AM   #26
djb
Administrator

Rangers leading 12-1 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Yanks also lose to the Red Sox [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2001, 12:09 AM   #27
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I'm proud, but with their line-up, it should be expected.
Old 04-14-2001, 10:50 PM   #28
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Rangers nearly blew an 8-0 lead. Actually they did but scored a run in the 9th and won 9-8.

Old 04-14-2001, 10:55 PM   #29
Hales233
Golden Member

Oakland is playing like crap so far this season.
Old 04-14-2001, 10:58 PM   #30
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yeah, today was the first time this year they've scored more then 5 runs in a game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . There records 2-9 I think. I'm sure they'll be there at the end though.

Rangers/A's, National TV tomorrow night [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 04-14-2001, 11:01 PM   #31
Hales233
Golden Member

yeah, i have faith in my A's.

I'm gonna tune in tomorrow night [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2001, 11:27 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

Almost blowing an eight-run lead is just pathetic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2001, 11:33 PM   #33
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Tomorrow is the long awaited return of A-Rod to Seattle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . Should be a very interesting game.

Old 04-16-2001, 10:28 PM   #34
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Good old fashion slugfest tonight. 6-4 Seattle in the 3rd.

Fan reaction to A-Rod was not as bad as I thought it would be. They were throwing money at him but it was probably a 60-40 split between boos and cheers.

Old 04-18-2001, 10:09 AM   #35
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

A-Rod, 2 errors, Rangers lose. Bummer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

Old 04-18-2001, 11:11 AM   #36
djb
Administrator

Seattle's breaking out the brooms.
Old 04-18-2001, 11:17 AM   #37
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

What's up with Helling? He's our best pitcher and he's getting beatup every time he starts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

Old 04-19-2001, 10:07 PM   #38
djb
Administrator

Watching the Rangers is just too damn painful..currently down by a lot against the A's.
Old 04-19-2001, 10:48 PM   #39
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Man, our pitching is worst then I thought it was. We can't get anyone out.

A-Rod's been up twice in tonights game with the bases loaded and has failed both times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

Old 04-20-2001, 07:10 PM   #40
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Man...at least the hitting is going great. This is the kind of baseball I was expecting from them.