Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-09-2001, 12:50 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

The Stars are in the playoffs again. Another series with the Edmonton Oilers. 5th straight year we're gonna play each other in the first round I believe.

Any Stars fans out there? Anyone thing there gonna go all the way? With the way there playing now(14 straight without a loss to end the season), I think they can. Detroit will be tough as always though.

Stars and Mavs both closing out Reunion with playoff berths. How sweet is that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2001, 02:45 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah ROB, I love the Stars too. There awesome. I think they can win it all this year. But like you said, Detroit will be really tough. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2001, 03:34 PM   #3
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Haha... I'm a little bit of a fan. I was happy when they won the cup and I know some players, but I don't know stats or anything.
Old 04-11-2001, 03:20 PM   #4
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

If it helps, I'll be flipping between the games tonight.
Old 04-11-2001, 04:10 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I will be too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . I'll probably actually watch more of the Stars game though.

Old 04-11-2001, 05:37 PM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

It'll be the last Dallas/Edmonton 1st round play off battle in Reunion.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2001, 10:00 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Going into overtime..surprise surprise.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 10:35 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Stars edge the Oilers in overtime and go up 1-0 in the series!
Old 04-11-2001, 11:07 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

They won but I think I lost all my fingernails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-11-2001, 11:08 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

I waited until the game was over and then checked the score and highlights [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2001, 11:11 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

hehe, well let me tell you it was a Very nerve racking game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . But entertaining as hell too.

Old 04-12-2001, 03:20 PM   #12
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

They played great defense. The Oilers got their only goal because of about 15 rebounds on one shot.
Old 04-14-2001, 10:46 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Gosh Darnit, We lost game 2. 4-3.

Game 3 is tomorrow night in Edmonton.

Old 04-14-2001, 10:52 PM   #14
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

That was awesome!! I love the Oilers...former Bruin Anson Carter scored the game-winner and former BU star Mike Grier played well too.

GO OILERS

You just know this series is going 7 games...
Old 04-14-2001, 11:34 PM   #15
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Salo was pretty much invinsible for most of the game. The Stars would get about 15 shots off in one possesion, but no goals.
Old 04-14-2001, 11:35 PM   #16
Hales233
Golden Member

yeah, Tommy played really well tonight [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2001, 11:37 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

Damn Oilers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I think you're right though..this series will probably go all the way..AGAIN. I just hope we don't have to face the Wings. Hell I don't want to see the Avs again either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2001, 11:40 PM   #18
Hales233
Golden Member

I hate the Wings too, but the Kings are playing like crap against them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2001, 11:44 PM   #19
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I don't know. I just don't want the Stars to have to play too many full 7 game series before the big one.
Old 04-14-2001, 11:45 PM   #20
Hales233
Golden Member

You won't have to worry about that...they won't be getting by the Oilers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2001, 11:17 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

Wow the Stars damn near pissed this one away! Two Edmonton goals in the final minute of regulation?! Any word when Nieuwendyk will be back?
Old 04-15-2001, 11:21 PM   #22
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

He's day-to-day I think. Man that game was wild. Stars completely dominated, then with 1:03 left, EDDY makes a bonehead misstake and the Oilers score. Then score again with about 7 seconds left in regulation. A very entertaining OT and A Hogue goal with like 5 seconds left.

WOOHOO!!!

Old 04-15-2001, 11:40 PM   #23
Hales233
Golden Member

We'll come back in Game 4, don't worry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I thought we (Edmonton) totally dominated the physical aspect of the game. We were wrecking people all over the ice.
Old 04-17-2001, 03:23 PM   #24
horserangler

horserangler is on a distinguished road

The Stara will take the series in game 5...Unless Eddie has another vapor lock in his head.
horserangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 09:42 PM   #25
djb
Administrator

Dallas down 0-1 so far late in the second.
Old 04-17-2001, 10:34 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

ARRRGHHHH STILL 0-1 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2001, 10:57 PM   #27
djb
Administrator

Stars takin it to o/t..again.
Old 04-17-2001, 11:00 PM   #28
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Shocking Shocking turn of events. Stars and Oilers going to OT.

Old 04-17-2001, 11:14 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

Stars have been aggressive as hell thus far in the extra session (going back to their monster third period shooting spree). It woud be a real shame if they dropped this one. Fingers crossed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2001, 11:21 PM   #30
Grizzled

Grizzled is on a distinguished road

I'll chip in and help the other Oilers fan. I'm a Calgarian, so this is akin to treason for me, but I was a fan of the Oilers before I moved to Calgary. I just hope there aren't any other Calgarians lurking here 'cause I could get lynched for this.

GO OILERS!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Grizzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 11:46 PM   #31
Grizzled

Post!!! …doh!!!

Now a powerplay! It's our turn to win an overtime game.

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys! It's our turn this year!!
Old 04-17-2001, 11:47 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

On the flipside, welcome to the board grizzled [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2001, 11:52 PM   #33
Grizzled

Thanks! BTW, in the NBA playoffs, I'm cheering for the Mavs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 12:07 AM   #34
djb
Administrator

At least you've got good taste in NBA teams! j/k [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I take it you're a Grizz fan (call me Sherlock)? How are you guys feeling about the impending move?
Old 04-18-2001, 12:11 AM   #35
Hales233
Golden Member

Grizzled, Welcome to the board and GO OILERS
Old 04-18-2001, 12:44 AM   #36
Grizzled

Brilliant sleuthing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We're not happy, obviously. The ownership circus over the last couple of years has sucked the life out of many of us. Check out grizzball.com if you want to know more. It's our main board, along with the ESPN board, but that one has pretty much died. I suspect a lot of us will be following Steve and the Mavs now.

Sean, thanks and how did you get to be an Oilers fan? You mentioned the Boston connection. Are you from Boston?

… I'm out for the evening.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 09:09 AM   #37
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Welcome to the board Grizzled [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 04-18-2001, 09:32 AM   #38
Hales233
Golden Member

Grizzled, I'm not really sure how I became an Oilers fan. I've always liked their style of play, and now that they have Anson Carter, that put them over the top in my book. Plus, Salo is my favorite Goalie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
Old 04-19-2001, 10:08 PM   #39
djb
Administrator

Fourth o/t of the series..this is getting ridiculous!
Old 04-19-2001, 10:50 PM   #40
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

No kidding DJ. Don't know if my nervus system can take this anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .