Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-02-2001, 12:17 PM   #1
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

I think our beloved Mavericks have finally arrived as a truly playoff ready team. This is why several commentators throughout the nation have picked our boys to be the darkhorse in the Western conference. Oh yeah, the Utah fans are saying we have no class.
Old 05-02-2001, 01:04 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm nervous about game 5
the jazz are a very prideful team and they aren't going to role over and play dead for game five
i'm cautiously optimistic that the mavs will win, but i know the jazz are going to come out and probably jump to a 6-10 point lead again early.
the mavs will have to keep it close because if they get too far down, the jazz's crowd will get into the game.
well, go mavs....bring on utah, game five
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 01:06 PM   #3
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Yea, they wouldnt know what class is... their favorite player decides to throw an elbow into one of our best players midsection whens he is defenseless. THATS UTAH JAZZ CLASS FOR YOU!
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 02:50 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's why Bradley tried to break Malone's nose in game 2. Kenny Smith sure enjoyed that moment. He has been hyping Bradley up all series long...
Old 05-02-2001, 03:59 PM   #5
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Dri kis going to dominate Olden Polynice!
Old 05-02-2001, 11:30 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Murph, love your posts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm really worried about the Mavs too. They have learned playoff bball, but game 5 (or 7) is a different story. The intensity from the Jazz will be incredible. The Mavs just need to hold on and keep it within 10 during the 1st quarter. The Mavs will have a significant edge in energy, so if they can keep it close early, they can win when the Jazz players tire.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 08:22 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yep, exactly,..the mavs have to keep it close early.
the mavs are younger and more athletic. they should have more energy coming out of the locker room at halftime than the jazz if the mavs can keep it to about a 5-7 point deficit. obviously, it would be much better if the mavs have a lead going into the locker room, but i see the jazz coming out early and getting up a bit early, similar to game 4. i also see the mavs making a great run or two. it'll come down to who executes in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter. if bradley performs like he has the past couple of games, i think the mavs pull it out (plus, it would be nice if the mavs hit 44+% of their shot

very good points mffl.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote