Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-05-2002, 04:50 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Baylor-35
Kansas-32

And I don't give a rats ass about anyone bashing my school...todays game was awesome!!!!
Down by 8 with 2:32 to go, the Bears held Kansas deep in their own end and proceeded to march 91 yardds for the touchdown. The 2 point conversion was awesome. A fake up the middle with a short lateral to Ced Ricks and he was off. He raced the safety to the corner and at the last second stuck out his arm with the ball. His body was way short, but the reach earned the 2 pointer.

Baylor then kicked off with 55 seconds remaining. They held the Jayhawks and marched right back down the field for the winning 33 yard field goal with 0.5 seconds left on the clock. The last kickoff was lateralled 7 times by Kansas and the ball ended up at the Baylor one yard line. Students poured onto the field and tore down the goalposts. The place was electric...just so damn electric. It was great.

Some of you wil make light of this and if you do...up yours...this is a good step for this program and they needed it. It was great to be there. As a former Bear player, I was very stoked. We had great teams in the 80's during my years...we've been waiting for this team to show us a set of balls for a long time. Today they did just that. We may not see another win this year, but we turned a corner today. Out-freaking-standing......

Sic' em Bears!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2002, 05:11 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Doc, do you happen to remember the score of their first game? The one against Cal? I keep forgetting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Big win for the Bears.

Aggies lost to Tech too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] .

Florida lost aswell.

It's been a day full of upsets. Guess thats what makes college football so great.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 05:36 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

I love college football...and college basketball too....

I hadn't seen yet that the Aggies lost...it is a good day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2002, 05:42 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Crap like today is why I disowned the Aggie football team.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 10:17 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Aggie defense gave up 48 points, AT HOME! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . That's the most shocking thing to me. I'm not all that suprised Tech won the game actually.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:57 AM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

This was the worst day of my life. First A&M loses in overtime...then Arkansas tops it off by losing to Tennessee in the SIXTH overtime. Heartbreaking...nah, suicidal...yeah.
Old 10-06-2002, 04:08 AM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Campo hires R.L. Slocum to run the Cowboy defense.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Well...if it helps...next week A&M plays here in Waco...I will be there.
Old 10-06-2002, 02:14 PM   #9
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Yeah, if A&M loses to Baylor...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 02:45 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

ocelot- I don't think there is much to worry about. I am pretty sure we are done in the win column for the year....but if they do, you might not want to visit this board Saturday night. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 06:06 PM   #11
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Here's wishing the Bears the best next week, Slocum sucks! I think a change is the only hope for the Aggies...

Great win by Tech!
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:59 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Thanks pepper! I don't hold out much hope, but I love the Bears. I will definitely be there. If anyone is going to be at the game, let me know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 09:06 AM   #13
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Wow. Now Baylor has now won as many Big 12 games as SMU. Way to go. And against the same team, too.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 01:00 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Back when I played...we used to crush SMU on a regular annual basis. Even when they had their really good teams. it was just one of those deals where we just couldn't lose for whatever reason. It was great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 04:35 PM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Jimmy Johnson to coach the Aggies.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 05:18 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

That rumor has been talked about for about 2 weeks in these parts. The consensus is that it is a pipedream. I hope they resign Slocum to a lifetime contract myself...hee hee....
Old 10-07-2002, 05:27 PM   #17
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

It would be sweet if Baylor beat A&M. that would save Steele's butt. Also they would get to tear the posts down 2 weeks in a row.

Hey DOC, if they win, I want to see your ass hanging on the posts bringin em down.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:31 PM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I would love for the bears to whoop up on the Aggies this weekend, but I'd also like Catherine Zeta Jones to come to over to my apartment tonight and sit on my face. I'm not getting my hopes up for either to happen.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:37 PM   #19
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Hey Baylor could win, at least then hell would be cold when I got there.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:56 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

you guys crack me up....