Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-09-2002, 11:58 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Okay...I had been meaning to watch these two movies since the Requiem for a Dream thread. I love non-mainstream, independent stuff...

Kids was the better movie, IMO. Very eye-opening, disturbing, apalling...you name it.

Gummo was just...CRAZY. I liked it, but....can someone explain to me the PLOT! I laughed my ass off throughout the movie (so I guess I'm going to hell), but I don't think that was the intention...So can someone shed some light?

By the way, any other weird movie recommendations?
Old 10-10-2002, 12:46 AM   #2
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

i didn't really like either..thought I've not seen them for awhile.
I actually might appreciate them more now.

I watched Japanese horror movie a couple weeks back called "Ring".
I didn't think I was going to ever sleep again. It scared the shit out of me.
Admittedly i get scared pretty easily. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 05:59 AM   #3
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy movie- Tetsuo: Iron man.
( I think that's the name of it. Japanese. Weird.)

Kids was too disturbing for me.
"Ring" has popped up in two entirely separate movie threads (and on 2 continents, I think). What would Jung say?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote