Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-07-2001, 07:49 PM   #1
C eh N eh D eh

C eh N eh D eh is on a distinguished road

I am coming to Dallas and was wondering what there is to see, do in Dallas.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
C eh N eh D eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2001, 07:55 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

What are you looking to do? Sightseeing, shopping, clubbing/barhoppins?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:27 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

You could go to the Rodeo. YYEEEEEEEEEHHAAAAAAAAAAAAWW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:31 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few places to check out. There are a TON of bars, clubs, and restaurants in Dallas so let us know if there's one in particular you're looking to go to.

<u>Nightlife</u>

Deep Ellum
- Seven
- Lizard Lounge
- Club Clearview
- Blind Lemon
- The Bone
- Sambuca
- plus TONS of other clubs/bars

Lower Greenville
- Milk Bar
- Red Jacket
- Go Lounge
- Mick's Bar
- Jack's Pup
- Green Elephant
- again, lots of bars to choose from

West End
- Planet Hollywood
- Hooters
- Area 51

<u>Shopping</u>

Galleria
Northpark
Highland Park Village
Grapevine Mills

<u>Restaurants</u>

Addison
Lower Greenville
West End
Old 05-07-2001, 11:32 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

If you're into Korean food, I can definitely point you in the right direction as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Love that stuff!
Old 05-08-2001, 08:55 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

if you're into bbq, steak, country music, hot college women, or anything like that, i could help you out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 09:01 AM   #7
C eh N eh D eh

Thanks for the replies/suggestions. I am open to anything. I was looking for something that was &quot;Texan&quot; to do if there is such a thing.
Old 05-08-2001, 01:04 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

Texan things..uhm get a big ass steak and go visit South Fork Ranch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Or go linedancing at Country 2000 - heheheh
Old 05-08-2001, 01:57 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Country 2000, blah. Billy Bob's Texas is the place to go. It's the Worlds largest honkytonk/nightclub.

A good Texas resturant to try would be Love And War In Texas. I've never been there personally but my brother has and he says if there's an animal in Texas, they have it to eat. Any and every Texas animals. And only Texas animals.

btw, I live on the street South Fork Ranch is on. hehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2001, 08:58 AM   #10
C eh N eh D eh

I thought South Fork Ranch was fictitious, made up for the TV show?
Old 05-09-2001, 09:53 AM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

hehe, nope. It's real. They give daily tours too.

Old 05-09-2001, 09:58 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

something texan...hmm, go cow tipping.

personally, when it comes to steak, bob's steak and chophouse is greatness and so is Saltgrass's T-Bone, 18 oz's of greatness.

if you want something texan, go to the groovey mule in denton on thursday night.
you'll find all of the hot texan women that you could ever ask for.
imagine, a town with over 20 thousand college women and only around 11-12 thousand college men.

guess what that means, well, hopefully you can figure that out on your own
Old 05-10-2001, 06:00 PM   #13
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Yea... UNT was pretty cool. I may have to reenroll there just to check out the chicks... And remember Texas Womens Univ is in Denton too...

God I miss college girls. I should have never left. Now I have to try and meet one of the leftovers at a bar.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 08:29 AM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

i'm trying to date one from each different sports team before i graduate (except for men's sports, of course)
Old 05-11-2001, 11:31 AM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

dude, that's all well and good, but please tell me you haven't dated a softball chick. ugh.

the best are volleyball and soccer.
Old 05-11-2001, 12:23 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

Soccer girls &lt;drooool!&gt; [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Swimmers are also good. Those chicks majoring in fine arts are pretty wild too.
Old 05-11-2001, 12:32 PM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

personal experience warning...

fine arts girls are really attractive to me, but they always seem to be pretty weird. and i don't mean &quot;out there&quot; weird, i mean PSYCHO weird.

swimmers do have tight bods... didn't really think about them.
Old 05-11-2001, 12:43 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

2 soccer
3 volleyball,
1 softball,
1 dance team,
1 tennis,
1 basketball (actually, she played volleyball and basketball, so we'll count her on both)

no college cheerleaders
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

yeah, fine art girls can be very good looking.
had a girlfriend or two that were fine art majors... yes, very weird, some very cute in weird sort of ways

personally, alot of the girls that want to be teachers, 1st or second grade level seem to be very hot
Old 05-11-2001, 01:28 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

I'm not trying to brag or anything, trust me, i've dated my share of ugly women too
Old 05-11-2001, 01:35 PM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ok, breaking it down by sports... not that many for me, i tend to shy away dating the athletes. don't know why.

but there has been... 1 volleyball, 1 basketball, 1 track, 1 soccer, 1 cheerleader. i think that's it.

oh, and everybody's dated (or at least hooked-up with) an ugly chick. and if they say they haven't, they're either lying or have never gotten drunk.
Old 05-11-2001, 01:51 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

oops, sorry, 2 tennis, but one wasn't pretty.
and 2 dance team
i guess i won't get the elusive college cheerleader though.
well, actually, their was a former college cheerleader, but i don't think that counts
Old 05-14-2001, 02:54 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

so, did he ever find anything to do in dallas?