Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-23-2002, 11:29 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

He played his first game as a Clipper and here are his stats.

14 minutes
0-2 fg
3-4 ft
0-1 3-pt
3 points
4 rebounds
2 assists
5 personal fouls
1 turnover
3 blocks
Old 10-24-2002, 07:55 AM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Dare I say, "Shocking"?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 08:00 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

dooby.... please elaborate on "shocking". It's too ambigous a term. It did look like he was focusing on defence. 3 blocks... hmmm bradley numbers.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 08:24 AM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Focusing on defense?

Mutombo, he ain't.

Wang is Wang is Wang is Wang. Near as I can tell by looking at the stats, new Wang is right in line with old Wang. Doing the thing that Wang does when Wang is doing his thing. Which is not much.

Mark my words, Wang's stats for 2002-03 will be in line with Wang's stats for 2000-01 and 2001-02.

But isn't that shocking? After all the fuss, I was led to believe that Wang was going to be a 20-10 guy and the Mavs were stupid for passing him up. Since he isn't a 20-10 guy and his first preseason game shows that new Wang is the same as old Wang, it is shocking that he isn't at 20-10 guy, isn't it?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 10-24-2002, 09:15 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Yes, shocking. He's already playing Bradley-ball, and by December he should've ascended to a near-LaFrentzian level.

Where do we sign Wang up for the honeymoon-plan that Raef has gotten though? LaF got to Dallas all hyped up to revolutionize the center position as a 15/9 3-point shooting, Shaq-moving, paint-patrolling, memory-of-Juwan-obliterating answer to all woes.

To date he's been nothing but a source of LaFs. Why the free pass?

Shocking.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 09:27 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

LaFrentz replaced Howard, whose bag o' nothing was even bigger. I actually do see quite a bit of criticism of LaFrentz on most boards, although I admit less on this one. LaFrentz puts up decent numbers and fits this system more than Juwan Howard did. LaFrentz, other than foul trouble, performs as asked. He has bette numbers and greater ability than Wang. This will also be the first year that LaFrentz makes any sizeable cash.

Wang had a honeymoon. It lasted almost two years. Sorry he wasn't around for most of it, but that was his problem. In fact, my attitude towards Wang is directly shaped by the constant hype and adulation that some people on the board insist on giving Wang, when he has shown little, if anything at all, to deserve it.