Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-07-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.682)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Steals Per Turnover(5.0)
>>

He is trying to deserve his salary.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:05 PM   #2
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

He does deserve his salary. Najera is a hard working player and will show continuous improvement.

I just like to watch him play though...so to me he does little wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 02:15 PM   #3
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I really like how you follow and support your guy Chiwas.
He´s deserving his salary, no question.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 02:45 PM   #4
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Amen...and he's always earned it..from day one. Love the way he plays and it's great to see his skills developing.

Some have commented that Eddie is an &quot;overachiever&quot;...but I wonder if they really know the limit of his potential. I don't...so I'll just sit back and watch him develop over the years.

Viva Eddie.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:50 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Fidel, I trying to be objective. He is my fellow countryman, the only mexican playing in the NBA and this is great for us, mexicans. But I know that he is an average or less than average NBA player. Some games he plays fine some games he plays bad. He hasn't been in the elite NBA ranking in any category and hope some season he can hold one. He isn't a titular player with Mavs (it's difficult in a very good team) but also I know that he helps the team with his effort.

I got angry when he plays bad and I'm happy when he plays well.

<< Najera is a hard working player and will show continuous improvement. >>

He is showing continous improvement bit by bit, and he's Eddie Energy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Edit:

<< but I wonder if they really know the limit of his potential. I don't...so I'll just sit back and watch him develop over the years. >>

Lend me your words. I have thought the same about his potential and want to sit and enjoy watching him playing, &quot;over the years&quot;. Yes.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:29 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Nick Van Exel

<< Ranks #1 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(4.91) >>

Only N&aacute;jera and NVE, from Mavs, are ranked in #1 in some category.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:44 PM   #7
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

I, for one, certainly hope he continues to contribute the way he has and earn his salary. Some ppl are predicting that the Mavs overpaid him, though:

from Chad Ford of ESPN Insider:

<< Eduardo Najera's six-year, $24 million contract and Larry Hughes' three-year, $15 million deal will also come back to haunt someone down the road.
>>

NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 11:21 PM   #8
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

as soon as najera developes a 3 mans jumper, he will be considered among the top 10 at his position and the mavs would have made out like bandits as far as the production to salary ratio is concerned. V ive Najera, he has all the intangibles which is something this team definately needs, especially shawn bradley
Old 11-08-2002, 11:17 AM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

You´re a very visionary person, FCC. And very objective. The first for N&aacute;jera, the second for Bradley.

NYMF, could be now he is overrated, but it's a long term contract, 2 o 3 more years and this salary is going to be cheap; by the way, he has a very valuable point for owners, in this case for Cuban; many more hispanic people is going to see Mavs because N&aacute;jera is a Mav.

I became a Mavs fun because N&aacute;jera. But the first year that he played with Dallas was the first great winning year for the team in this century, it's a coincidence but that and the past season made me a total mavs fun.

And I hate Bradley! No, it isn't true. The only player I don't like is NVE (but he played a good game against Raptors).
Old 11-08-2002, 12:16 PM   #10
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Najera becoming a top-10 guy at NBA´s deepest and most talent-loaded position?

Long way to go ...
Old 11-08-2002, 01:19 PM   #11
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

name them sleenager
Old 11-08-2002, 02:21 PM   #12
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< as soon as najera developes a 3 mans jumper, >>

Eddie spent a full 4 years in a college program and is in his 3rd year now. Its a little late to expect him to make any major developments in his shot. He is what he is--an undersized 4 who makes up for it with tenacity and playing smart, a perfect roleplayer for this team who knows his role. On a team with a more traditional rotation, he might very well be a 6th Man of the Year candidate but that's it.

However, the criticism of his salary is silly.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 04:23 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

<< Eddie spent a full 4 years in a college program and is in his 3rd year now. Its a little late to expect him to make any major developments in his shot. He is what he is--an undersized 4 who makes up for it with tenacity and playing smart, a perfect roleplayer for this team who knows his role. On a team with a more traditional rotation, he might very well be a 6th Man of the Year candidate but that's it. >>

I agree with the undersized and related. But I´m watching him this year and he is throwing more from middle range and making points than last season when normally he didn't. I think he is going to improve and make some three points shots in the future. If Mavericks continue to have good seasons he´ll become a solid 7th man. If not, for player trades or whatever, he´ll be 5th.

Edit: sorry, &quot;5th&quot; is for starter, but as small forward, of course.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:27 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

This is part of something that I posted in another thread, but I figured I would throw it in here as well...

Najera's hustling and heady play has also been a pleasure to watch at this early point of the season. Traditionally the knock on Najera has been that he is a relatively unskilled scrapper who is an incredible hustler. And, he has certainly been hustling this year, but every time I see him bang in another sixteen foot jumpshot or handle the ball in the backcourt I become more convinced that Eddie has more skill than a lot of fans and pundits give him credit for. I still remember at the beginning of his rookie year, Dr. Jack Ramsey said that Najera reminded him of a bigger, young Dan Majerle (meaning before Thunder Dan was a deadeye shooter). I would like to think that there might be some validity to this.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:33 PM   #15
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Eduardo is a good athlete, but he is not blessed with the traditional bball physique. He gives all that he has to give, and he is also an intelligent player. Najera makes the perfect role player- which every contender needs. The mavs surely need his contribution, and he is delivering!

The criticism of the contract may be more of its length than of its salary. 6 years is a long time in this sport.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 01:20 PM   #16
Chiwas
Guru

<< Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.681) Ranks #2 in the NBA in Steals Per Turnover(2.5) >>

N&aacute;jera is still ranked #1 in FGP. I think it's the only Mav who has a statistic top, till game 8th.

You can guess now who is giving us the 8-0 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(But he has the lesser FGA in the ranking with 47, just 6 shots attempted per game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img])
Old 11-14-2002, 02:28 PM   #17
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<<

<< Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.681) Ranks #2 in the NBA in Steals Per Turnover(2.5) >>

N&aacute;jera is still ranked #1 in FGP. I think it's the only Mav who has a statistic top, till game 8th.

You can guess now who is giving us the 8-0 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(But he has the lesser FGA in the ranking with 47, just 6 shots attempted per game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img])
>>

What does this project to over 48 minutes?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 06:04 PM   #18
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

per 48 minute stats again, its one long sick nightmare.