Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-22-2003, 07:55 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Im serious-why?? Because he is one of the 3 best players in the WORLD?
Because he is good looking? Has the world by the balls? Smart? Fine wife? WHY???

Seriously, the man has it all- and does it all. You haters would LUV to have him on the MAVS. Bullshit- dont even say you wouldnt...
Old 01-22-2003, 08:03 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Could be becaue he's a ball hoggin, glory hogging, self centered prima donna with a me 1st and team last attitude. He projects an overly large since of entitlement.

That's how I and many view his basketball persona. Privately, he may be very different. So you can count me in on the Kobe image haters. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 08:05 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

for me, personally, it is because he's always faking injuries..
..i don't think he's a top three guy..but, he's getting close
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 08:09 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Murphy: Just wait until after the allstar break when he gets a mysterious toe ailment.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 08:34 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

accept it will probably be with all 10 of his toes...
Old 01-22-2003, 08:55 PM   #6
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Better question is why do you feel the need to stick up for Shobe. His confidence is really taking a beating I know. You make this hard not to make a personal attack out of.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 08:55 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< Why the KOBE haters??? >>

Why not?
Old 01-22-2003, 09:03 PM   #8
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

&quot;me 1st and team last attitude&quot;???Hmmm...they have won 3 freaking championships in a row...dont ask me how that could happen with a Me 1st attitude..... NO- it cant.. he is a team player- a team player that happens to be able to take over a game at any time, anywhere against anybody...
Old 01-22-2003, 09:31 PM   #9
reeds
Golden Member

Sorry USAPA- i didnt even see your post asking the same thing...
Old 01-22-2003, 09:37 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Kobe took himself out last night with a sprain booty hair. I didn't know that was possible, but based on the facial expressions it must of hurt badly. Fortunately he put the pain out of his mind and took an unreal number of three point shots and let the other people rack up assists.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 10:45 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Fine wife.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 04:47 AM   #12
LRB
Guru

DOC - LOL

Just how does one go about treating a &quot;sprain booty hair&quot;?
Old 01-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #13
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

reeds,

Simple answer. He always exagerates injuries. He comes out last behind all the coaches after halftime. He thinks he is jordan even though he will never be able to be numero uno on a championship team.
Shaq is the bread and backbone of that team. Not Kobe the reason he gets open shots is because of Shaq.

Finally I Playa hate because he is on the Lakers, and I hate the Lakers. The swagger the whole california thing the Jackson Zen BS. And the fact he can't build a championship team or a playoff team. Thank Jerry West for that. Earlier he was pointing fingers about the bad start when all he had to do was look in the mirror.
Case and point, did you see that marathon match between Roddick and that other guy. Roddick the champion he is said how hard fought of a match that was. And how the crowd helped him get through the final set at the Aussie open 21-19.

They have no class. If they want love give other teams and player's respect. Until than the Drama Queen can just take the stage hook as far as I am concerned. Not so simple after all.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 04:24 PM   #14
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

My hatred to the Lakers, not just Bryant, goes way back when they won their first 3-peat title in 2000. Tough to explain why, but Shaq and Bryant don't portray the same grace and classiness that Jordan showed. If you let me choose I'd probably say I hate Shaq more than I hate Bryant. Shaq is such a pompous jackhole that almost everything that comes out of his mouth contains 'thorns'.
And Bryant... boy he thought he was all that when he basically declared that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread by refusing to play for anyone except Lakers. And taking all those air-balls and heroic last-second shots early in his career just make him look arrogant and ignorant. Face it guys, Shaq hates him for a very good reason. If it's not for Jerry West's patience, Bryant would probably be playing somewhere in Europe since he thinks he's too good to play for any other NBA teams.
I found myself jigging like Mark Madsen when the Fakers lost to Warriors yesterday. It gives me absolute joy to watch this franchise die.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 05:10 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LRB- I don't know, but if you find out I don't want to know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:28 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

Doc - Sorry you didn't know, I thought if might be something like a Nike enema or such. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll live just fine not knowing though. BTW I'll be sure not to pass the cure on to you if I find it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2003, 07:45 PM   #17
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<< It gives me absolute joy to watch this franchise die. >>

LMAO. The Lakers missed the playoffs ONCE in the 90's while they COMPLETELY rebuilt the team. The Lakers have the distinction of being the fastest franchise to completely rebuild and then win a championship. The 74 and 76 Celtics had players from the 60's dynasty.

Don't kid yourself, barring injuries, the Lakers are far from a dying franchise. As a Mavs fan you should be an expert on the subject of &quot;dead franchises&quot;, I'm surprised you mistakenly identified the Lakers as a potential one. For future reference just look up the Bulls, Pistons and Celtics.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 09:38 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

by no means have the lakers &quot;died&quot;
i would like to see it..but i think some people are getting ahead of themselves right now
Old 01-23-2003, 10:20 PM   #19
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

Six Kobe topics on the front page of a Mav's forum alone? Are you sure ya'll don't have a love/hate thing goin' on for my boy Kobe here in Dallas?

Stated reasons for Kobe hating: Fakes injuries, arrogant, not a team player, ball hog, etc etc

Real reason: Has stuck a dagger in the heart of every elite team in the NBA and walks away maybe just a little too smug.

But you Mavs have nothing on the Spurs when it somes to Kobe hating. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 11:32 PM   #20
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Maybe it's because he thinks he's one of the top 3 players in the world when he's not...if I'm starting a team, there's about 7-8 players I'd take long before Kobe.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Maybe it's because he thinks he's one of the top 3 players in the world >>

Tut, tut. Kobe thinks he's the BEST player in the world - not just in the top 3.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 12:17 AM   #22
LRB
Guru

<<

<< Maybe it's because he thinks he's one of the top 3 players in the world >>

Tut, tut. Kobe thinks he's the BEST player in the world - not just in the top 3.
>>

World!? Best player in the universe is more like it. The world simply isn't big enough for his head.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:53 AM   #23
LakerMania

<< Maybe it's because he thinks he's one of the top 3 players in the world when he's not...if I'm starting a team, there's about 7-8 players I'd take long before Kobe. >>

I guess you know better than ALL of the NBA GMs then. 100% of all GMs think Kobe is a top 5 player including Dallas'. But then again that's probably why you are here posting and not currently running a team. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Shaq
Old 01-24-2003, 12:59 AM   #24
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

What a TERRIFIC insult, LakersMania !!

And you are the GM of WHAT team ?

You can get up off your knees to answer that one...
Old 01-24-2003, 01:18 AM   #25
BrianJ

I thought that was EvilMav. I was like what the hell, good thing I didn't drink heavy during the game or I still would not have figured it out. Laker mania u must either be really bored or really worried to come on here. Sorry your team sucks, maybe u could jump on the blazer bandwagon?
Old 01-24-2003, 01:25 AM   #26
LRB
Guru

<< Sorry your team sucks, maybe u could jump on the blazer bandwagon? >>

Correction: that would be the jailblazers paddywagon.

Also 100% of GMs surveyed say Kobe is top 5:

Injury faker player
Prima Donna player
Whine Baby player
selfish player
ball hogging player

Old 01-24-2003, 01:35 AM   #27
LakerMania

<< What a TERRIFIC insult, LakersMania !!

And you are the GM of WHAT team ?

>>

Thanks, I thought it was pretty good.

I am not the one disagreeing w/ all 29 GMs.

<< Sorry your team sucks, maybe u could jump on the blazer bandwagon? >>

I cannot lie, it hasn't been the ideal season. But we have had a nice victories, including being on the right side of one the greatest comebacks in NBA history. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Shaq
Old 01-24-2003, 02:28 AM   #28
BrianJ

I read today that the reason Kobe got shutdown in the 2nd half against G.S was because his tendenitis was acting up. He said it comes and it goes, and i knew it would be bad. But I am tough and will get through it. True silent warrior, can u imagine NVE or Najera saying this crap even Evan all these guys went under the knife while playing hurt and saying nothing.

Maybe they will give u the championship at the end of the season for the greatest victory for a non playoff team
Old 01-24-2003, 02:31 AM   #29
BrianJ

Even if all G&gt;M's say that crap so what? that would be a great business man to tell the truth about who they would build around. Why would u give anybody else anything but crappy ideas. If so I would love to play poker with these guys.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:33 AM   #30
LRB
Guru

<< I read today that the reason Kobe got shutdown in the 2nd half against G.S was because his tendenitis was acting up. He said it comes and it goes, and i knew it would be bad. But I am tough and will get through it. True silent warrior, can u imagine NVE or Najera saying this crap even Evan all these guys went under the knife while playing hurt and saying nothing.

Maybe they will give u the championship at the end of the season for the greatest victory for a non playoff team
>>

Tendenitis? Was that in his booty hair?
Old 01-24-2003, 09:49 AM   #31
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

WOW... make no mistake, my hatred for Lakers had nothing to do with me being a Mavs fan. When LA won the first 3-peater in 2000 Nowitzki was basically still in his diapers and the Mavs were nobodys.
Of course the franchise won't 'die'... you know where I got that quote from. And a guy can always dream huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I agree that Lakers can rebuild very fast, but I don't think the competence of the owner and GM have anything to do with it compared to the glitzy scene and warm weather in LA. I don't hate the Lakers, as a matter of fact I was a fan of Magic and Vlade (Yes, Vlade). I was probably as sad as you to see the Lakers lost in the '89 finals, partly because I kinda knew that it indicated the beginning of the end for Magic. I just hate the current Lakers team. Those guys just don't give me the same vibe as the Bulls, Celtics and Rockets in the past.
I have many friends whom are Lakers fans and I have to admit LA has the best fans in NBA... no the celebs don't dount.

Old 01-24-2003, 10:21 AM   #32
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Kobe Bryant. Last yr i decided to stop pickin on him, but he's crap. He's a number-padder, he lies, cries, tries to show off too much, the list could go on. I would have over 10 players in front of him in the league, Including Dirk.

Btw, how could the Lakers have the best fans where their biggest fan, Jack Nickelson, is a frontrunner. But then again, i'm sure a lot of people just convieniently like both the Lakers and Yankees.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:27 AM   #33
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

<< Kobe Bryant. Last yr i decided to stop pickin on him, but he's crap. He's a number-padder, he lies, cries, tries to show off too much, the list could go on. I would have over 10 players in front of him in the league, Including Dirk.

Btw, how could the Lakers have the best fans where their biggest fan, Jack Nickelson, is a frontrunner. But then again, i'm sure a lot of people just convieniently like both the Lakers and Yankees.
>>

Note that I said celebs don't count as fans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah I agree the celebs in games are the biggest front-running fans in sports. I would like to see if Jack and Dianne Cannon and Selma Hayek attend the Lakers' games when they tank like the Clippers.
No doubt many so-called Laker fans conveniently jumped on the bandwagon when the Lakers started winning... but their winning tradition has maintained many endearing fans as well.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:49 AM   #34
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Glad to read you're reasonable, I thought I was gonna have to break out the tough guy fonts which would have probably escalated to an ALL CAPS war!

<< WOW... make no mistake, my hatred for Lakers had nothing to do with me being a Mavs fan. When LA won the first 3-peater in 2000 Nowitzki was basically still in his diapers and the Mavs were nobodys. >>

I kinda know where you're comming from. Back in 94 it was tough to watch teams that hadn't won at the Forum for decades come in and beat up our scrubs then celebrate like they won the NBA title as they walked off the floor. But your 2001 and 2002 squads remind me of the NVE/Jones/Cambel squad that would make some noise durring the regular season but I knew they would flounder in the playoffs against the elite. I remember that squad ending the Bulls undeated season when everyone was looking past LA for the matchup between the undefeated Bulls the undefeated Knicks. That same squad knocked off the Supersonics who where heavily favored in the playoffs.

<< Of course the franchise won't 'die'... you know where I got that quote from. And a guy can always dream huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Don't know what you're referring too unless you're talking about the comments made by refs toward Riley and his Heat. Man I LOVE Riles, best coach in basketball! Phil Jackson couldn't hold Riles Jock let alone his hair gel! As much as I disliked the Celtics, Pistons and Kings I don't wish for them to die, I'd much rather beat them. I don't care to much for any team other than the Lakers but it was tough to watch the downfall of the Celtics.

<< I agree that Lakers can rebuild very fast, but I don't think the competence of the owner and GM have anything to do with it compared to the glitzy scene and warm weather in LA. >>

I COMPLETELY disagree. West is the greatest GM EVER. He's got an eye for talent that can't be matched. That is the big reason I'm worried about the Lakers. I don't think the current front office is a shadow of it's former self. West and Chick where the epitome of the Laker organization and I don't think it will ever be what it once was again. I see dark times looming in the Lakers future due to losing West and Buss's unwillingness to splurge. The arrogance of the current Laker players is burning alot of bridges that only West could have repaired.

<< I don't hate the Lakers, as a matter of fact I was a fan of Magic and Vlade (Yes, Vlade). I was probably as sad as you to see the Lakers lost in the '89 finals, partly because I kinda knew that it indicated the beginning of the end for Magic. I just hate the current Lakers team. Those guys just don't give me the same vibe as the Bulls, Celtics and Rockets in the past.
I have many friends whom are Lakers fans and I have to admit LA has the best fans in NBA... no the celebs don't dount.
>>

I don't hate the current Laker team but they piss me off more often than not. The arrogance of Kobe in regards to Shaq and Shaq's arrogance in regards to his conditioning really make me sick. Kobe thinks it's his time already and is trying more and more to avoid running the ball through Shaq in the post and it's costing the Lakers games. Kobe is also learning the hard way, tendenitis, that it takes a heavy toll on your body to shoulder more of the load throughout the ENTIRE season. Little brother Kobe should deffer to big brother Shaq for the bulk of the minutes cause Kobe won't have much left for post season at his current pace. Shaq angers me the most, his lack of commitment to the team is costing the Lakers big time. If he took his job half as serious as Kobe the Lakers would be looking at a 5 or 6 peat run. A healthy non-lard Shaq could really make a Russel-like mark on NBA history, but all indications are pointing to NO.

I didn't mean to get off on a rant but I love the game of basketball and some of these guys take it for granted.

Old 01-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #35
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Well said WOW... my bad that I left West out of the discussion. He is, without a doubt, one of the best GM a team can ever have. But letting him go kinda shows that Buss wasn't too smart... or he prefers keeping Phil rather than West.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:18 AM   #36
WayOutWest
Golden Member

<< Well said WOW... my bad that I left West out of the discussion. He is, without a doubt, one of the best GM a team can ever have. But letting him go kinda shows that Buss wasn't too smart... or he prefers keeping Phil rather than West. >>

That's a HUGE misconception around the league. West would have probably died if he had stayed with the Lakers. While I think losing West is huge, I'd rather see him in Memphis than six feet under like Chic. I've actually missed alot of Laker games due to the sole reason that Chic doesn't do the play by play anymore.

Old 01-24-2003, 11:23 AM   #37
WayOutWest
Golden Member

<< Kobe Bryant. Last yr i decided to stop pickin on him, but he's crap. He's a number-padder, he lies, cries, tries to show off too much, the list could go on. >>

What an insightfull observation. You've just described about half the players in the league. I think T-Mac is a better player right now than Kobe but he's also got Kobe beat on arrogance and head size. Kobe my think and act like he's the best but at least he doesn't come out and say it ala T-Mac.

<< I would have over 10 players in front of him in the league, Including Dirk. >>

Thank goodness for the Mavs you're not the GM.

Old 01-24-2003, 11:30 AM   #38
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Thank goodness for the Mavs you're not the GM.

-- Is there a Laker Insult handbook or something ? Lakermania trotted that one out yesterday. Please, get a new scriptwriter.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:34 AM   #39
WayOutWest
Golden Member

<< Thank goodness for the Mavs you're not the GM.

-- Is there a Laker Insult handbook or something ? Lakermania trotted that one out yesterday. Please, get a new scriptwriter.
>>

Stupid comments deserve stupid responses. Not to mention you're not exactly burning it up in the retort catagory ohh slayer of trolls. Maybe your tired post police comments should just be incorporated into your sig to save you some typing.

Old 01-24-2003, 12:43 PM   #40
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

calm down fellas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote