Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-05-2003, 07:15 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

News

Detroit signed free agent forward Danny Manning on Wednesday, ESPN.com reported. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Manning was the first pick in the 1988 draft, and he now joins his seventh NBA team. "We are pleased to be able to sign a veteran player like Danny Manning at this point in the season," general manager Joe Dumars said. "Danny has averaged double figures and shot over 50 percent throughout his career and we feel he is a great addition to our team." Manning a two-time All-Star, will be in uniform on Wednesday. Guard Pepe Sanchez (knee) was placed on the injured list to clear a roster space.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:19 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Just wait. Now we will be inundated with posts calling for us to trade for Manning.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:32 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

just wait, next think you know, we'll be asking for some other board to take LRB off of our hands here
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 10:59 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Just wait. Now we will be inundated with posts calling for us to trade for Manning. >>

Actually....I thought the same thing. Here come the Manning sympathists.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:01 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< just wait, next think you know, we'll be asking for some other board to take LRB off of our hands here >>

Gee Murphy are you trying to dump me to?
Old 02-06-2003, 02:03 AM   #6
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Sorry, LRB can't be traded. He's a BYC player with a huge contract. So we wouldn't get equal value. On the other hand, murph's a vet in the last year of his contract, so his trade value is pretty high at the moment.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:14 AM   #7
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Yeah but if we trade murph, we will have to activate Uberdirk off the injured list!
Old 02-06-2003, 07:20 AM   #8
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

how about an empty slot just in case another unknown European wants to sign up ...?
Old 02-06-2003, 08:47 AM   #9
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

I doubt Manning has enough of anything for people to legitimatly say &quot;we shouldn't have let that guy go&quot;

Another thing on Manning. No offense to ther guy, he's certainly a better player than I am, but what an underwhelming career. I mean, when you've been in the NBA 10 seasons and people still talk about your glory days at Kansas you know you've been less than overwhelming.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 08:53 PM   #10
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

hahaha, I was thinking the exact same thing Epitome
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 12:11 AM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< I doubt Manning has enough of anything for people to legitimatly say &quot;we shouldn't have let that guy go&quot;

Another thing on Manning. No offense to ther guy, he's certainly a better player than I am, but what an underwhelming career. I mean, when you've been in the NBA 10 seasons and people still talk about your glory days at Kansas you know you've been less than overwhelming.
>>

Poor Manning...he has knee ligament fragments in NBA cities from coast to coast.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote