Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-11-2003, 04:25 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I am pretty close to taking a baseball bat to the pedestal that I used to put Mark Cuban, having taken him off said pedestal long ago. But I thought I would add this note as evidence of why we fell in love the hyperactive nerd in the first place. From LMF:

I want to point out to the board something positive the Mavs/Mark Cuban are doing to support the troops. Mark is starting the "The Fallen Patriot Fund of the Mark Cuban Foundation" with the intent of providing direct financial assistance to fallen/injured troops in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Mark is really hammering local (at least) business leaders to step up and make some donations. Cuban will match all donations up to $1Million.

This is what you call using your influence for good. It's tangible, it's real, it addresses a need. It's much harder to do something like this than it is to put on a provocative t-shirt. Or to simply disrespect our elected leaders in off-the-cuff remarks. There is talk and then there is action. I applaud Mark for taking action that will make a real difference in the lives of people who have shared in the ultimate sacrifice.

Anyone interested should contact the mavericks, but, by the end of next week donations will be accepted at any Bank of America in DFW at least.

Thanks again to Mark for this project. If anyone from the mavs reads this and has more detailed info. please let us know.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2003, 04:28 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The man is class. I don't care what he does in the basketball arena. He has always been generous and kind hearted.

Cuban will continue to get a pass from me. I like his enthusiasm, patriotism, generosity and willingness to spend $$$ to make the Mavs a better team.

Mark Cuban. Greatness.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 04:30 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Good for cuban..
glad to see he's stepping up to the plate like a rich man should and helping out the families of fallen heroes.

all citizens need to dig down and match this heart felt support..no, not everyone can afford to do so monetarily..but do what you can for the people that protect our freedom
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 09:10 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Wondering if Stevie will pitch in........
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote