Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-24-2003, 04:55 PM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Something was brought up on Coop and Newy today aobut Pj Brown and Dale Davis. Two guys who are tough and feel alot of the Mavs needs and we don't give up anyone on this team to get them. I understand that these guys are older and are at the end of there careers but for a good price wouldn't you go after them? Would anyone mind going and getting both for the exception if it was possible? Dale Davis is a physical Big Man which is exactly what we need. PJ Brown who isn't as physical as Dale has a pretty good mid range jumper and he has inside game. Another guy who is a free agent next season is Elden Campbell.

I like the sounds of:

Dale/Bradley/PJ/Esch
Dirk/Raef/ PJ
NajeraGriff/Raja/ Free agent?
Fin
Nash/ Nick

I may have forgot some people but you get what i'm saying.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2003, 04:59 PM   #2
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

According to your roster, the Mavs essentially gives up no one and get PJ and Dale? Sounds a little far fetched.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:01 PM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'd explore getting a legitimate full-time starting small forward and I'd look at acquiring Malone first, but I like Brown and Davis and what they could both bring to the team.

Old 04-24-2003, 05:02 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Davis might not be a bad idea at all. There was a rumor that the Mavs actually had some interest in Davis a couple of years ago when he was free. He'd be a pretty interesting player to bring off the bench.

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:04 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< I'd explore getting a legitimate full-time starting small forward and I'd look at acquiring Malone first, but I like Brown and Davis and what they could both bring to the team. >>

Well the reason why I brought them up is because hopefully we can hopefully get them for half of the exception and somehow grab a sf who can contribute. Maggete is in mind but I doubt he takes half of the exception let alone the whole exception. Unless Davis or Brown would take the minimum? The thing about Malone is that the Lakers and other teams are going to be bidding on him and while they are doing so maybe we could steal some guys.

1996-2005
Old 04-24-2003, 05:06 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Davis will want the whole exception, although you're right, he might be available for less. Doubtful, but he might.

Old 04-24-2003, 05:09 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Skin ,(dallas mavericks postgame show The ticket)
talked about a avery johnson to new orleans trade plus a three million dollar kick for PJ. Brown so he could get more then the exception. Avery has one more year left on his contract.

Then you still have the exception to maybe grab a stephen jackson or even if we got lucky a maggette.

Nash/Nick
Finley/Tariq
Stephen Jackson/Oggy
Dirk/Raef/Najera
Dale/Bradley

You still have the 1.4 million exception to grab Oggy. Elden Campbell is another potential guy, not really interested.
This team can be physical with tariq and Dale Davis, we can be finnese with Raef and Bradley and we can be quick with nash, nick and stephen jackson.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:12 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Skin ,(dallas mavericks postgame show The ticket)
talked about a avery johnson to new orleans trade plus a three million dollar kick for PJ. Brown so he could get more then the exception. Avery has one more year left on his contract.

Then you still have the exception to maybe grab a stephen jackson or even if we got lucky a maggette.

Nash/Nick
Finley/Tariq
Stephen Jackson/Oggy
Dirk/Raef/Najera
Dale/Bradley

You still have the 1.4 million exception to grab Oggy. Elden Campbell is another potential guy, not really interested.
This team can be physical with tariq and Dale Davis, we can be finnese with Raef and Bradley and we can be quick with nash, nick and stephen jackson.
>>

Sounds great. And I forgot to mention AJ. We still have AJ to grab a small foward who a team may want off the payroll. Does anyone see Steve Jackson leaving? Maybe if the Spurs have there eyes on a small foward this season but I see him staying along with Parker and Ginobilli.

1996-2005
Old 04-24-2003, 06:23 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< There was a rumor that the Mavs actually had some interest in Davis a couple of years ago when he was free. He'd be a pretty interesting player to bring off the bench. >>

I think you mean when Davis forced a trade from the Pacers. The Mavs were highly interested but didn't have the players to make a deal. I think Davis might take less than the exception to contribute on a winning team.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 06:31 PM   #10
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Both Dale and PJ are old. Dale is not able to take care of his mismatch vs. Raef nor Bradley in this series, so he is not going to help us. They were great fits in the past, but don´t give us much anymore. They´d be stuck on the bench.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:41 PM   #11
TheseRefsAreAJoke

TheseRefsAreAJoke is on a distinguished road

PJ is so underrated. Great guy. 10 boards, 10 points. Nice inside/mid game. Good ft shooter. Good d, good rebounder, simply solid. I would love Meggete, he is a beast, if we got him,
Bradley/Raef
Dirk
Meggete
Mike
Nash

wow.
TheseRefsAreAJoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:50 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

No way the Mavs even come close to getting Magette.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 08:10 PM   #13
TheseRefsAreAJoke

TheseRefsAreAJoke is on a distinguished road

I agree, but this was hypothetical.
TheseRefsAreAJoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:20 PM   #14
CwDogg

CwDogg will become famous soon enough

PJ is way better than Dale.
CwDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 05:40 AM   #15
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

I like PJ Brown. Guy got drafted way late in the second round and has gone on to forge a very respectable NBA career. Won second team all defensive honors a couple of times. Good for 10 and 10. Davis is no slouch either.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote