Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-24-2003, 09:21 AM   #1
Mav_Man1

Mav_Man1 is on a distinguished road

I mean we left off Avery and added Eschemeyer(sp)
I thought he would have taken a couple of Raef's
and Shawn's minuets so that those two guys would
have had a couple of fouls to give at the end of
the game.
Mav_Man1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2003, 09:29 AM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I was wondering the same thing myself. After all you have both of them in foul trouble, and on top of that they are not really having very good games anyway,

I kept thinking Nellie was going to throw him out there even if for only a couple of minutes.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:46 AM   #3
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

It's hard to argue after a win, but I thought he could have played some minutes to alleviate the foul trouble. I think he could have been productive against Davis or Sabonis.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

After we built our lead to 31-21 in the second quarter, Raef had been in foul trouble forever, and Shawn was getting there. Would have been smart to plug Esch in at that point, with us in front, for 3-4 minutes at least.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:35 AM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

If Nelson doesn't put Esch against the Blazers, did he think, when making the playoffs roster, to put him against Sac, SA or LA in the second or final rounds?

I mean, if not against Portland (maybe the weakest, along Utah), then when?
Old 04-24-2003, 10:43 AM   #6
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I was looking for him too. At that point in the 2nd as well as with about 5 minutes left in the third. I thought he could come in for Bradley so that he wouldn't pick up his fifth. Not sure why he never saw any action; Nellie has really tightened the rotation.
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:37 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I would love to have seen Esh put in the game with the express instructions to put Bonzi on his punk ass. Oh well, maybe next time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 12:05 PM   #8
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I don´t think that playing Raef that game when we were already having big guy foul trouble would have been of much use. He would have easily continued the stretch of big guy fouls, so Portland would have gotten to the line all the time.

As long as we can keep their biggies under control (and we an excellent job so far on them) I think we can rely on LaFrentz and Bradley. Though not producing big numbers, they are doing an excellent job. Randolph is out of the Series so far, Wallace gets his amount, but not too much, and neither Dale Davis nor Arvydas Sabonis are much of a factor.

We´re the favourite team, and we make them adjust to us. That´s fine by me.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:23 PM   #9
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Here i am screaming at the tv b/c them taking Finley out of the game, and not playing Evan. We played smallball at the worst possible time. We're lucky for the win.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote