Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-09-2003, 02:04 PM   #1
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Make or break time for the champs. We'll see what they're made of tonight.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

lets see if my reverse voodoo curse works on the lakers as well.

lakers 125
spurs 98
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I wonder if the Fakers will be able to score more in 4 quarters than the Mavs did last night in the 1st half.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:55 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's hoping for a Spurs blowout. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:03 PM   #5
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I hope to enjoy watching Lakers lose again. It's been fun the last 2 games. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:16 PM   #6
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<< I wonder if the Fakers will be able to score more in 4 quarters than the Mavs did last night in the 1st half. >>

If the Dallas Fags can beat the SaclessMental Queens, then anything is possible against the Sp*rs.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:17 PM   #7
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<< Here's hoping for a Spurs blowout. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Well, unlike fans of &quot;some&quot; teams, I hope nothing but the best of luck for Duncans knees.

Old 05-09-2003, 04:22 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Way Out West- keep it civil dude. You want to call our team &quot;fags&quot; do it on your board not here. But I will admit that I found the SaclessMental thing pretty amusing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:33 PM   #9
WayOutWest
Golden Member

<< Way Out West- keep it civil dude. You want to call our team &quot;fags&quot; do it on your board not here. But I will admit that I found the SaclessMental thing pretty amusing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

I guess it's all fun and games until someone loses and eye, or crosses the homer boundry.

Old 05-09-2003, 04:42 PM   #10
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

<< Way Out West- keep it civil dude. You want to call our team &quot;fags&quot; do it on your board not here. But I will admit that I found the SaclessMental thing pretty amusing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

I thought this is WOW's only board. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:31 PM   #11
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

This should be a very interesting game. Obviously the Lakers have to lay it all out there tonight. A loss and the series is as good as over. George is back for the Lakers and starting. Well the game is about to start. I´m really lookin forward to see Parker and Ginobili tonight as I haven´t seen any Spurs playoff games yet. Here we go...
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:34 PM   #12
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

You gotta love Mark Madsen. Only two minutes into the game and he´s allready the dominating towel waver.

Just realized the feed´s not live. So I will check back later. So far it seems that the refs have decided to not let the Spurs shoot any FT´s at all. Duncan´s been hacked a couple times with no call allready.

Shaq goes coast to coast. WOW. He wants this game.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:19 PM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

f the Dallas Fags can beat the SaclessMental Queens, then anything is possible against the Sp*rs.

If you posted that kind of monkey-business on Kingsfans.com, you might be flirting with a banning, wayoutwset...

Thankfully you posted that dumb comment on Dallas-Mavs.com, so you don't have to worry about any of us tolerant Texans (or at least our fine and tolerant Texan Moderators)throwing yo ass out on the street for that crack...

Old 05-10-2003, 12:12 AM   #14
Fidel
Diamond Member

Lakers win. As expected.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:36 AM   #15
WayOutWest
Golden Member

<< So far it seems that the refs have decided to not let the Spurs shoot any FT´s at all. Duncan´s been hacked a couple times with no call allready. >>

The refs also decided that Duncan is not going to foul out of any game this series, I counted 5 missed calls on him. Shaq needs to win the MVP so that he gets 9 fouls per game, he only got away with two fouls. For the most part the calls were pretty good but they did favor the Lakers overall but TD was getting the MJ playoff special package of 10 fouls per game tonight. The Lakers are still in for a must win on Sunday. If the Lakers win on Sunday the pressure is back on the Spurs, if they lose Sunday I'm pretty sure the Spurs will close it out on Tuesday.

Manu is nails! Jackson is a sorry arse POS! They need to give Manu Jacksons minutes, Manu is killing the Lakers and Jackson is killing the Spurs.

Old 05-10-2003, 01:58 AM   #16
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

Why do you post here anyway, WOW? banned by your former Lakers forum? thrown out of that nasty Kings site? can't be a real-life flamer so just want to be a cyber one? or, secretly hoping for the tiresome Jackson-Shaq-Kobe act to bow out? looking for a more fun team to follow? searching for the next bandwagon? just curious....
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 09:11 AM   #17
WayOutWest
Golden Member

<< Why do you post here anyway, WOW? banned by your former Lakers forum? thrown out of that nasty Kings site? can't be a real-life flamer so just want to be a cyber one? or, secretly hoping for the tiresome Jackson-Shaq-Kobe act to bow out? looking for a more fun team to follow? searching for the next bandwagon? just curious.... >>

I've never been banned from any site, but reading the same thing over and over gets very tiresome. It's good to hear opposing viewpoints the and viewpoints of fan from other clubs. They IndyStar board is a riot! That's how I found this place, there are a few qaulity posters amoung the &quot;homers&quot; [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] so that's why I come back.

I have noticed a tendency of quite a few posters to live in their own little world and hate it when other posters barge in with a dose of reality. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #18
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< The refs also decided that Duncan is not going to foul out of any game this series, I counted 5 missed calls on him. Shaq needs to win the MVP so that he gets 9 fouls per game, he only got away with two fouls. For the most part the calls were pretty good but they did favor the Lakers overall but TD was getting the MJ playoff special package of 10 fouls per game tonight. >>

Sorry didn´t see it. The missed calls on TD I mean. I do remember at least one BS foul call on Duncan though. It was the one where George got caught underneath the basket. TD didn´t even touch him.

On the other side of the floor the Lakers would often collapse with 2 or 3 players on Duncan in the low post and just hack away. Especially in the first half. At one point, after scoring a basket despite allmost being wrestled down by Madsen, Duncan just started laughing. I guess that´s when he realized he´d get no calls at all this game.

And Kobe, well he went to the line if a Spurs player just looked at him.

Overall the Laker win was deserved because they played better, were agressive on both ends. Still the refs were just pathetic.
Old 05-10-2003, 02:00 PM   #19
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

<< Sorry didn´t see it. The missed calls on TD I mean. >>

I guess you didn't watch the game, even the TNT announcers commented on how Shaq was getting offensive fouls, for the same thing they were letting Duncan get away with.

<< Still the refs were just pathetic. >>

Agreed, but playing through the refs is part of being a champion. The reason everyone focuses on the Lakers getting calls is because we are the team doing all the winning the last few years.

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 02:27 PM   #20
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< I guess you didn't watch the game, even the TNT announcers commented on how Shaq was getting offensive fouls, for the same thing they were letting Duncan get away with. >>

They mentioned it ONCE. On a play against Horry. I agree that this could have been an offensive foul, but it wasn´t anywhere near the stuff that Shaq usually gets away with. The game was called uneven. Not totally lopsided but enough to give the Lakers an edge in that department. PJ´s whining worked.