Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-04-2003, 10:08 PM   #1
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default Vacation Destination - Where to go?

Aside from my weekend/long weekend ventures, I will be eligible for a week's vacation by the end of July. I'm having a wild time choosing my destination. Three posibilities have opened up for me, and i change my mind every day or two...

Germany [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] - I've been dying to go back since my first trip back in '94. To be surrounded by the language, the people, the beer gardens, the sites, the people, the terrain, the energy. Not to mention, I could crash at Novice's place and party with her crowd. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/sun.gif[/img]Hawaii - need I explain? My cousin just got stationed there and wants family and friends to come visit. I would snorkle, kayake in the ocean, hike, hula... [img]i/expressions/sun.gif[/img]

Scotland/Ireland- I've pretty much decided Not to go to the island. i think i just really want to make my first visit to the emerald isle a romantic trip. but it's still a possibility i guess.

I wish "tourism" was an occupation! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/lips.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2003, 10:12 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

If you are planning to go outside US then

Switzerland , Holland, Italy are all great places.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:13 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

also have few more of these [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2003, 10:16 PM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

any particular reason why you'd recommend these places? They are nice locations, no doubt.

But I think i need help choosing between the first two options i listed... since i have contacts in these locations, and i know i'd love to visit.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:33 PM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Vacation Destination - Where to go?

If i were you, I'd go to Hawaii. It's the shortest plane ride out of all of those places. You'd probably have the Healthiest fun there.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 10:44 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

try this site. http://funjet.com/
Old 06-04-2003, 11:09 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I can't talk to anyone who wouldn't jump at the first chance to visit Ireland and/or Scottland. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

One of MFF's dream vacation spots. Italy, Portugal, and The Azores would be the other ones. But, that doesn't help you much, does it?

Hawaii is beautiful. Of course, I've only been to Oahu, but what I saw was beautiful. Would love to return there some time soon.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:16 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Unknown Mexico

The NYT's Mexico
Old 06-04-2003, 11:44 PM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I can't talk to anyone who wouldn't jump at the first chance to visit Ireland and/or Scottland. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

One of MFF's dream vacation spots. Italy, Portugal, and The Azores would be the other ones. But, that doesn't help you much, does it?

Hawaii is beautiful. Of course, I've only been to Oahu, but what I saw was beautiful. Would love to return there some time soon.
Maybe I'm foolish for hesitating over ireland/scotland, but i sort of want to save it for a super special occasion. not that it wouldn't be fabulous...

These are the toughest decisions. I've most recently been to Hawaii, so maybe I should put it on hold until next time...

a nice dilemma though...
Old 06-05-2003, 12:11 AM   #10
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

I'd choose Germany....just slightly above Ireland & Scotland.
Hawaii doesn't really interest me much...but this is YOUR holiday, not mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:37 AM   #11
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

short holiday - september - sweden - stopover in stockholm - bball european championship - dirk & shawn (?) ...

hopefully australia/sydney in october - not yet confirmed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:35 AM   #12
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

hopefully australia/sydney in october - not yet confirmed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...
wooo!!! Despite what you may hear, it really is necessary to take lessons in kangaroo riding if you want to get around town easily.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:53 AM   #13
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

maybe up your way scooter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 05:44 AM   #14
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

If you stay in the US mainland, Sedona, Arizona is one of the most beautiful places in the country. I don't think it's a party place but the scenery is off the chart.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:33 AM   #15
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: scooterj5
Quote:
wooo!!! Despite what you may hear, it really is necessary to take lessons in kangaroo riding if you want to get around town easily.
have already done that !!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]:

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 09:00 AM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going here for vacation next week.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 09:15 AM   #17
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I would spend a week in San Marcos going to the Outlet malls and the rest of the time going to Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Texas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I went last year and it takes ya 2 days to do everything.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 04:51 PM   #18
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

hawaii
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 05:09 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I say you should go to Ireland. You can always go back on a "romantic" vacation. I have always wanted to drink a Guinness in the land that created the greatest liquid that puts a spin on your head.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:33 AM   #20
hero = dirk

hero = dirk is on a distinguished road

my friends and i are taking a trip to spain and southern france traveling by train. i'm excited and i recommend it. i also love switzerland and italy!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Muhahahaha...
hero = dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 03:44 AM   #21
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

That's funny, I am going with MY friends on a trip to Spain and southern France traveling by train. Craziness. Maybe we will see each other there!
Old 06-06-2003, 10:24 AM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

If it wasn't enough, now we have veruca's triplets! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

(Thank goodness, not all are Australians [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])
Old 06-06-2003, 02:46 PM   #23
Chiwas
Guru

Cozumel. Isn't it great? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW, she is a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:59 PM   #24
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

We're headed to Cancun & Cozumel over July 4th....

Great place, Smile !

BUT, eventually, my homeland in Scotland !
Old 06-06-2003, 05:10 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas

Actually Chiwas, anywhere with her would probably be pretty great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 05:26 PM   #26
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I'm going here for vacation next week.
That a great place Doc! I've been up the cost a little bit with My cousins from Jacksonville, NC. I think it was called Emerald Isle - a wonderful place for a family. I've also been to Nags Head (northern end of the Carolina coast) - lots of fun to be had out there...

Schlitterbaun - went there a few times as a kid. I do plan to camp up there again - but ride the tube shoots this time!!

edit: forgot my reply!
Old 06-06-2003, 05:29 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas

Actually Chiwas, anywhere with her would probably be pretty great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Actually, LRB, and this is just between you and me, <u>private you know</u>, Cozumel and Cancun are plenty of beautiful european women, many of them practicing nudism in almost every beach. Man! Europe is for old people, Cancun is for us! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2003, 06:53 PM   #28
Linde

Linde is on a distinguished road

as always ( 7 years and counting )

here

Wacken Open Air

and here

With Full Force Open Air

btw i just saw the iron maiden show @ rock am ring today

just great

up the irons
Dying Fetus, Skinless / Neurotic DF / Devourment / FTC / Undergrind Freakfest ? / Deathfeast / Misery Index / Obscene Extreme / Dong / Mountains Of Death / NRW DF / Luha DF / Bloodshed / Grind Gütiger
Linde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 10:48 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got back from vacation on the Carolina coast. I even went swimming on Cape Fear. Incredible. Saw some loggerhead turtles lay their eggs, swam with some awfully playful and mischievous dolphins. Got stung (kind of) by a jellyfish. Ate the best seafood.

Too much to post now. Maybe more later. What a great week.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote