Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-01-2001, 01:38 PM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

With the departure of Booth, I figure the Mavs have the following three priorities in order of importance:

1) Do whatever it takes to resign Shawn Bradley
2) Find a backup center that can rebound and block shots
3) Resolve the Eisley situation.

Problem one is easy: Pay the man!!!

Problems two and three will be more difficult. Here's my suggestion -
Wait to see what happens with the Golden State/Mark Jackson situation. If GS resigns him, go after their other center Adonal Foyle. He's a shotblocking, rebounding monster in the mode of Calvin Booth, but with more skill. Send them Eisley, who'd be a perfect fit. GS is a rebuilding team and is planning on starting Mookie Blaylock at point next season. The trade would work since Eisley and Foyle's salaries are almost identical.

Then spend the rest of your exemption on a backup point guard - preferably Hardaway or Moochie Norris.

What do you think?

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2001, 01:41 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Ranks #6 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(2.69)
Boards 7.0 a game while playing only 25 minutes
Grew up on the small island of Canouan
Currently working on his masters degree in Sports Psychology from Orinda University
Native Son is his favorite book
Lists the Philadelphia Eagles as his favorite football team
His favorite meal is beef stew and rice
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 01:42 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, that sounds better than going into the season with holes at the backup 5 spot, and backup 1 & 2 guard spots..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 01:43 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm out on him now that i know he likes the phil eagles
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 01:50 PM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

That wouldn't be a bad idea, but Golden State likes Foyle, they're not giving him up and SURELY not for Eisley.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:10 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sold on Foyle...if you've ever been to a GS game, you wouldn't believe the booing and hammering he gets from the fans. Im sure they would love to see him go, but I don't see them trading him for Eisley.

Houston is now trying to work out a sign-and-trade with Toronto to resolve the Hakeem situation...and announced that they'll go after Marc Jackson to be there starting center. They'll have the money to outbid everyone else.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:49 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to add...it better be #1 on Cuban's list to make sure Bradley is resigned before looking for a backup or unloading Eisley.

Surely he's learned from his mistakes.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:55 PM   #8
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

One would hope. I tell you what, before unloading Eisley, RESIGN DIRK TO HIS EXTENSION!!!!!
Old 08-01-2001, 06:00 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Yes, that's right about Dirk. I hope Cuban isn't offering him a 2-year deal as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Just kidding about that.

Old 08-02-2001, 05:00 AM   #10
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Foyle is the guy we need of the bench and at the moment he's probably better than Booth.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 09:06 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I'm with theKid. Now that Fin is signed, you gotta give Dirk a 6 or 7 year deal at the least.
Old 08-02-2001, 11:10 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

According to the DMN (it was a few days ago) it said Dirk is going to sign his extension when he returns for training camp.

It's for the max--which is 6-years at around $90 million. He will be taken care of like Fin was.