Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yea...dems...let's let 'em all out of Gitmo?

I guess this was a "prisoner" trade of a geneva protected "soldier"

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...nee-blows.html
Quote:
Camel-Riding Former Gitmo Detainee Blows Himself Up

Abdullah Mehsud pulled the pin on his grenade today in southwestern Pakistan.

Abdullah Mehsud, a former Guantanamo Bay prisoner, talks to the media as his bodyguard stand guard near Chagmalai in South Waziristan along the Afghan border in this Oct 14, 2004 file photo. Mehsud, who led pro-Taliban militants in Pakistan after his release, died on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 when he blew himself up with a grenade to avoid arrest. Armed intelligence agents cornered Mehsud and three other men at the house of a leader of an Islamist political party in the southwestern town of Zhob, police officials said. (AP Photo/M. Sajjad)
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time for another apology

I'm most unreservedly sorry. I provide this apology without reservation and with the utmost regret that I ever voted for this...well...I'm not sure what to call it.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...work-with.html

Quote:
Hamas leadership announced that they would be happy and eager to work with Jimmy Carter, a staunch Hamas supporter.
Palestinian Maan News is reporting:

Deposed Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh on Sunday stated his approval of the intervention of former US President Jimmy Carter in the Palestinian domestic crisis.

Haniyeh's comments were made during a meeting with director of the Carter Centre in the West Bank, Scott Caster, in Haniyeh's office in Gaza City.

Caster conveyed to Haniyeh Carter's willingness to mediate in the domestic Palestinian dispute.

Haniyeh said that any mediation should be just and based on Palestinian legitimacy.

It's been a rough go for the Hamas Prime Minister since his terror group slaughtered Fatah members in Gaza and took over Hamastan.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Hamas leadership announced that they would be happy and eager to work with Jimmy Carter,[bold] a staunch Hamas supporter. [/bold]
Palestinian Maan News is reporting:

Deposed Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh on Sunday stated his approval of the intervention of former US President Jimmy Carter in the Palestinian domestic crisis.

Haniyeh's comments were made during a meeting with director of the Carter Centre in the West Bank, Scott Caster, in Haniyeh's office in Gaza City.

Caster conveyed to Haniyeh Carter's willingness to mediate in the domestic Palestinian dispute.

Haniyeh said that any mediation should be just and based on Palestinian legitimacy.

It's been a rough go for the Hamas Prime Minister since his terror group slaughtered Fatah members in Gaza and took over Hamastan.
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...work-with.html
you are such a tool

and as far as gitmo goes... show me the person that is calling for the blanket release of everyone in there .....?

Can you REALLY not understand the difference between wanting transparancy and the application of OUR OWN rule of law and "Duh, the leeebrals want to arm 'em and let 'em go"

THe sheer volume of moronic straw man crap that you toss out here on a regular basis really REALLY dilutes and cheapens any kernal or a legitimate argument you might have inside all this crap. You HAVE to realize that.... no?

I REFUSE to believe that you ACTUALLY put credence in an article with a tagline that says "Jimmy Carter, a staunch Hamas supporter." or that you believe that the liberal-position is to unilaterally release all prisoners in Gitmo.... If I am wrong (and you DO put credence in those things) let me know, and we can end alot of pointless back and forth.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
you are such a tool

and as far as gitmo goes... show me the person that is calling for the blanket release of everyone in there .....?
I'll have to look. If you are calling for closing down gitmo, what is that in your opinion? Just so I'll know it when/if I see it.

Quote:
Can you REALLY not understand the difference between wanting transparancy and the application of OUR OWN rule of law and "Duh, the leeebrals want to arm 'em and let 'em go"
First we HAVE applied our rule of law here and it's called military law, in years past these people would have been shot on sight as spies. The geneva convention does NOT apply to them and they have no standing in our civil courts. They are almost the opposite of what the definition of a POW is. The only reason that they shouldn't be shot on sight is because they are useful for information.

Does that make my position clear on this? I have no sympathy and I certainly don't want to sit here and hear about how their *((*(*)(*_* koran was flushed somewhere by the lying NYTimes without any corroboration. Somehow folks think this whole thing is no more than a nuisance, something that will go away as soon as we either be nice or as Ron Paul says, retreat into our borders and not project any influence to the poor middle-east peninsula. Poppycock and gobbedlygook. They just won't stop dude, and no matter how much hand-wringing we do, nothing will stop them except possibly what dubya is attempting to do in Iraq and stand up a free-islamic country in the Middle-east. It may not be doable at all as the culture may not be able to accept self-rule.

The whole fetid region(and religion) needs to be lanced. And until it is this ideology will not stop. After Iraq I'm not sure anyone will have the stomach to continue this for very long, I know the dems don't, it's in their DNA. But it won't go away.

Quote:
I REFUSE to believe that you ACTUALLY put credence in an article with a tagline that says "Jimmy Carter, a staunch Hamas supporter." or that you believe that the liberal-position is to unilaterally release all prisoners in Gitmo.... If I am wrong (and you DO put credence in those things) let me know, and we can end alot of pointless back and forth.
Here is what I understand is Carter's position with respect to Hamas. He believes that we should actually proivde Hamas with funds so they can carry out terrorist attacks on our ally. You want to defend that stupidity, go ahead.

Quote:
Carter also has been critical of Bush administration policy in the Middle East. He told a human rights conference in Ireland last month that Washington's refusal to aid Hamas and to recognize Hamas after it won legislative elections last year was a "criminal" act.
He also has criticized Israel for putting up a fence to keep from having their women and children blown up, which is another idiotic position imo. I'm particularly piqued when I see an ex-president wandering around being an idiot, especially one that I voted for, it hurts me to think I was that naive at one time.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I'll have to look. If you are calling for closing down gitmo, what is that in your opinion? Just so I'll know it when/if I see it.
gitmo can be shut down and those prisioned there will go to other facilities. closing gitmo does not equal letting all those there run free.

Quote:
First we HAVE applied our rule of law here and it's called military law, in years past these people would have been shot on sight as spies. The geneva convention does NOT apply to them and they have no standing in our civil courts. They are almost the opposite of what the definition of a POW is. The only reason that they shouldn't be shot on sight is because they are useful for information.
"spies"? just because they do not wear military uniforms they should be called "spies"?

you contradict yourself, if they are under military law then the geneva convention applies.

Quote:
Does that make my position clear on this? I have no sympathy and I certainly don't want to sit here and hear about how their *((*(*)(*_* koran was flushed somewhere by the lying NYTimes without any corroboration. Somehow folks think this whole thing is no more than a nuisance, something that will go away as soon as we either be nice or as Ron Paul says, retreat into our borders and not project any influence to the poor middle-east peninsula. Poppycock and gobbedlygook. They just won't stop dude, and no matter how much hand-wringing we do, nothing will stop them except possibly what dubya is attempting to do in Iraq and stand up a free-islamic country in the Middle-east. It may not be doable at all as the culture may not be able to accept self-rule.
the iraqi invasion has escalated, has increased, the shear number of radical islamists. it has contributed to the cause of the radicals, not diluted their numbers or their devotion to the radicals cause.

Quote:
The whole fetid region(and religion) needs to be lanced. And until it is this ideology will not stop. After Iraq I'm not sure anyone will have the stomach to continue this for very long, I know the dems don't, it's in their DNA. But it won't go away.
the radical islamist ideology will be countered not by the use of our military power but rather by our showing that the radical islamists do harm to islam and the islamic people. your using a broad paintbrush to label the religion itself as "fetid" is not accurate.

Quote:
Here is what I understand is Carter's position with respect to Hamas. He believes that we should actually proivde Hamas with funds so they can carry out terrorist attacks on our ally. You want to defend that stupidity, go ahead.
that is not accurate. not trying to "defend" jimmy carter, but at the very least let's be accurate about what he is saying.

Quote:
Innocent Palestinian people are being treated like animals, with the presumption that they are guilty of some crime. Because they voted for candidates who are members of Hamas, the United States government has become the driving force behind an apparently effective scheme of depriving the general public of income, access to the outside world and the necessities of life.

Overwhelmingly, these are school teachers, nurses, social workers, police officers, farm families, shopkeepers, and their employees and families who are just hoping for a better life.
Intl Herald Tribune op-ed

Quote:
He also has criticized Israel for putting up a fence to keep from having their women and children blown up, which is another idiotic position imo. I'm particularly piqued when I see an ex-president wandering around being an idiot, especially one that I voted for, it hurts me to think I was that naive at one time.
the fence itself is not the issue, any country should have the right to erect a fence within its border. however, the israeli fence does not conform to this right: it is not within its border. it also (most importantly) won't stop the suicide attacks, only a peace agreement and settlement of the disputes will do that.

Last edited by Mavdog; 07-25-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote