Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-25-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Law released.

I'm going to be very upset if we pass up on a "real" Parcells guy.

The New England Patriots released cornerback Ty Law, the team announced Friday.

Law

Law missed the second half of the season with a broken foot.

The move ends a tumultuous relationship for the Super Bowl champions and Law, who quarreled with the team over his contract in training camp.

Law, who turned 31 earlier this month, has played 10 seasons in the NFL, all with the Patriots.

He played in seven games this season, recording one interception.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Law released.

this means what to the Cowboys?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Law released.

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
this means what to the Cowboys?
Hopefully it means they will sign him.

1996-2005
Old 02-25-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I have not seen much from Law for the past couple years....how is his game at age 31?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-25-2005, 05:02 PM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

He was injured most of the season last year, but he was a top tier corner the year before. The questions about law are1) age and 2) he was one of the most physical corners in the league...how will he fare with the enforcement of the illegal contact rule.

I'd love to have him, but I don't know how much money you want to put into a 31 year old in the ultimate speed position.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
I have not seen much from Law for the past couple years....how is his game at age 31?
Well he hasn't been playing lol. He seems to be on the decline but if we can give Bledsoe a chance hopefully we can give that same chance to Law.

1996-2005
Old 02-25-2005, 05:05 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
He was injured most of the season last year, but he was a top tier corner the year before. The questions about law are1) age and 2) he was one of the most physical corners in the league...how will he fare with the enforcement of the illegal contact rule.

I'd love to have him, but I don't know how much money you want to put into a 31 year old in the ultimate speed position.
Yea he shouldn't be paid like an elite corner anymore. Maybe a deal like we gave Wiley last year?

1996-2005
Old 02-26-2005, 02:44 AM   #8
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

It would be nice to have a veteran CB to tutor Newman. Law is (or was) particularly good at playing receivers close and physical. Terrance needs to learn how to lock his man up - it pisses me off how he relies on his speed and "instinct" to make up for lapses in the fundamentals.

Of course I still want Antrel Rolle, but I won't be upset if we picked up that much needed CB through free agency.

who's out there?
Ty Law
Samari Rolle
Chad Scott
Old 02-26-2005, 03:04 AM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Add Ken Lucas, Gary Baxter and Fred Smoot to that list.

As for law, he's a pretty big corner, so he may be able to make the move to safety in a couple of years.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Cows are indeed interested in Law. He is still very good. If not for the injury last year, he did shutdown peyton manning two years back intercepting him 3 times. Even last year when he played a couple of games he managed to shutdown Marvin Harrison. It would be a great addition to the depleted cow secondary if Law stays healthy.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:05 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

This would be very nice indeed....but I bet he wants a long term deal...