Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future
Default GDT 1/7/12: Hornets @ Mavs (FSW/8 pm CT)

If there are no objections, I will try my hand at the GDT. Did this a couple times last season and we won one and lost one. Figure this isn't a bad time to try again. If we lose, it's because we have started slow, and it's not my fault.

Hornets (2-5, 1-2 away)
Mavs (3-5, 3-2 home)

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=320107006
Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks received a much-needed day off after attributing their latest loss to fatigue. It may not take much to get back on track against the struggling New Orleans Hornets.

Dallas looks to continue its regular-season home dominance of New Orleans when the teams meet Saturday night. The Mavericks (3-5) will be playing their seventh game in 10 days, and they complained about the compressed schedule after Thursday's 93-71 blowout loss at San Antonio.

Dirk Nowitzki went 3 for 11 and scored six points -- his lowest total since scoring five against Houston on Dec. 18, 2009, when he left early due to an injury. Dallas trailed by 14 points after one quarter and by 26 at halftime.

"I like that we fought back and tried, but offensively nobody had legs," Nowitzki said. "A bunch of shots were right there that could have gone. (Jason Terry), myself, everything seemed to come out.

"Some of it is on us, but six games in eight days is a lot for anybody."

Jason Terry went 4 of 14 with 12 points as the Mavericks shot a season-low 35.1 percent.

"We're a team that prides ourselves on getting stops defensively and making them pay on the offensive end, and that didn't happen tonight," Terry said. "Maybe when guys get their legs back, we'll start making shots at a higher percentage."

Facing the Hornets at home might be exactly what the Mavericks need. Dallas has won 18 of the last 19 regular-season meetings at home dating back to 2000, when the New Orleans franchise was located in Charlotte.

If the Hornets (2-5) are to win in Dallas in the regular season for the first time since a 104-97 victory Jan. 14, 2009, they'll have to do it without injured guard Eric Gordon. Gordon is expected to miss 2/3 weeks with an injured right knee and sat out for the fifth time in Friday's 96-88 loss to Denver.

New Orleans didn't seem to miss him at the start, setting a season high for points in a quarter and taking a 32-24 lead after the first. It then set a season low with 15 second-quarter points and couldn't recover. Greivis Vasquez scored a team-high 16 points off the bench for the Hornets, who have lost five straight after opening the season with consecutive wins.

"The same thing happened like last game," said Carl Landry, who scored 15 points. "We held them to eight points in the third quarter and then the last couple of possessions they went on a run and in the fourth quarter we gave them 34 points. That is something you can't have."

Nowitzki is averaging 23.1 points at home lifetime in the regular season against the Hornets, including a 32-point performance in Dallas' 121-89 win April 13 in the most recent meeting at American Airlines Center. New Orleans, though, has won three of the last five matchups overall, with the teams splitting four games last season.

Dallas will be without point guard Jason Kidd, who suffered a lower-back injury in Thursday's loss. New Orleans may be without Trevor Ariza, who has missed two games with a right groin strain.
Eric Gordon out for the Hornets. Don't know yet if Ariza will be available after missing the last two games.

With Kidd being out, VC will be probably be back in a starter's role: West/Carter/Marion/Dirk/Haywood.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Today vs. Hornets and Tuesday in Detroit. Even without Kidd we should be a .500 team on Wednesday.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Today vs. Hornets and Tuesday in Detroit. Even without Kidd we should be a .500 team on Wednesday.
I just looked at the upcoming schedule and it really popped out at me how easy we have it for rest of January

vs New Orleans
@ Detroit
@ Boston
vs Milwaukee
vs Sacramento
@ LAL
@ LAC
@ Utah
@ NO
vs Phoenix
vs Minny
vs Utah
vs San Antonio
@ Phoenix
Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

Nowitzki has something to tell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrdG3...layer_embedded
Old 01-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I just looked at the upcoming schedule and it really popped out at me how easy we have it for rest of January
Really the case. Schedule keeps getting harder down the stretch, so I kind of hoped for a strong start into the season (dunno, maybe already failed).

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/82...fdiffsched.png

I made this for MMB and it shows brutal the schedule will become starting with Mid-February.

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-07-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

well we were supposed to win on thursday and were supposed to win again vs noh.

lets get tht w
Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

We can't lose with suckers by 20pts anymore, this is must win.
Go Mavs!
JUST DESTROY THEM!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post

vs New Orleans
@ Detroit
@ Boston
vs Milwaukee
vs Sacramento
@ LAL
@ LAC
@ Utah
@ NO
vs Phoenix
vs Minny
vs Utah
vs San Antonio
@ Phoenix
We've got that many games left in January? I think we should stop kidding ourselves and just start playing doubleheaders to make more money.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Not having another game until Tuesday will feel like a week off with this machine gun schedule we've had.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

CP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....oh wait
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to the game..... Mavs need to come out strong.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

roddy's game
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Hornets by the numbers: http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2012/1/...rleans-hornets
Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Need this win!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I say let Jack get his and don't pay extra attention to him, if he gets 25 that is fine but make others make 1 on 1 plays, if you double down on the post double off of Aminu and Ariza, they don't have a lot of players that can create there own shot.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Win or i don't know what (no ideas)

Go Mavs!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #17
Romus

Romus is infamous around these partsRomus is infamous around these parts

We go lose tonight !!!!
Odom too slow, heavy, uninspire !!!
Romus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

No CP3, no West to foul Dirk all game, a traditional center in Okafor for Wood to guard, no Gordon. This SHOULD be a win. I think Jarrett Jack will go off, though.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I'm going to the game..... Mavs need to come out strong.
Yup, I'll be there as well. Need a win!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
mavspwnage
Golden Member

damnit, more than 3 hours to go before the game and I'm already pretty drunk. I do not pace myself well.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
damnit, more than 3 hours to go before the game and I'm already pretty drunk. I do not pace myself well.
That's what I'm talking about!

Mavs hustle the hornets hither and thither.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #22
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win by 3 touchdowns.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Not having another game until Tuesday will feel like a week off with this machine gun schedule we've had.
Exactly what I was thinking, the guys are probably going to be overjoyed to have two days off. (F that Lockout)
Old 01-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #24
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Go Mavs!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #25
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Vince to start.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #26
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Vince to start.
Yep: West, Carter, Marion, Nowitzki and Haywood.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #27
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Carter in the starting lineup. Fits Carlisle's comment about gearing up to win games. He turns to his veterans in those situations.

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-07-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I hope Crabman is active tonight, just iin case dallas falls behind again. he's fun to watch
Old 01-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #29
Kante
Diamond Member

Hornets announcers, serious?
Old 01-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #30
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
I want the Dallas crew, but I want a Dallas win more. Go Mavs!
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #31
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Vlince Carter... ha
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #32
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
I think that's twice or third time ILP has road crew...
Old 01-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #33
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs taking it to Denver...that team is just a well coached, system based machine.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #34
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
The last 2-3 years Raptors, Suns and Jazz always had there announcers somehow, now the Hornets too? Damn!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #35
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just wanted to write the same... sucks

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 01-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #36
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Spurs taking it to Denver...that team is just a well coached, system based machine.
As long as they gonna suck in the playoffs, I don't care about their amount of RS wins...

Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #37
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
As long as they gonna suck in the playoffs, I don't care about their amount of RS wins...
This year is a toss-up. I could see them making it to the WCF, or losing in the 1st round.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #38
Bhzrd543

Bhzrd543 has a spectacular aura aboutBhzrd543 has a spectacular aura about

did they just say that kidd will miss the next 3 games?
Bhzrd543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #39
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Here we go...
Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #40
Bhzrd543

Bhzrd543 has a spectacular aura aboutBhzrd543 has a spectacular aura about

we havent won one tip off this season.....""""sigh""" lol
Bhzrd543 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
get a hair cut, kidding me