Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-17-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road
Default Clyde the Glide considering return?!

Clyde Drexler, just recently named to the Hall of Fame, is now considering a return to the NBA.

Drexler, 42, said Thursday he is seriously considering returning to the NBA and lists the Nuggets as a possibility.

"If someone with a chance to win a championship would call, I'd consider it," said the 6-foot-6, 222-pound Drexler, a 10-time all-star who retired in 1998. "I know I could do it."

Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe, a former teammate of Drexler's, is intrigued by the idea. He also has a roster spot available for a backup shooting guard and money available under the salary cap.
-------

Credit the St. Petersburg Times.

I'm not sure how high I'd be on a current Hall of Famer playing in the league.. 10 years past his prime, no less.. if he returns, I really wish him well, but I'm hoping he stays retired as not to tarnish his legacy.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Clyde the Glide considering return?!

Clyde was a very good player in his day......and absolutely awesome with Houston in college.

He is old and needs to hang them up though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
poohrichardson

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Clyde was a very good player in his day......and absolutely awesome with Houston in college.

Or keep them hung up, shall we say..
Old 09-17-2004, 01:49 PM   #4
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202

Clyde was more than very good during his NBA career, he is one of the all time greats. But I still agree I don't want to see him tarnish his legacy.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

1) We have Ro Blackman developing the swingmen and he is doing a superb job.
2) I was able to meet Dexler on an airplane flying Alaska Airlines to Portland, Oregon one time and he has a phenomenal laugh.
3) Don't return, big guy. At 6'6", you'd have to change your game so much to contribute that you'd probably lose the "glide" off of your name.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:21 PM   #6
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

i cringe everytime these superstars try to come back. this one is by far the most absurd though - 1) he's been retired for six years, 2) he has an nba championship with nothing left to prove, and 3) why denver? i know they're up-and-comers, but they aren't winning the title this year - they have too much growing to do. the only thing i can think is the Kiki has talked his good friend into coming on to help guide young, recent trouble maker, carmelo. in recent history though, a 36+ year old, with former superstar status, has not made a succesful comeback. stay retired clyde, let us fans remember the "glide"
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:37 PM   #7
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

What the hell? At 42 and he can "still do it"??

Do what?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
What the hell? At 42 and he can "still do it"??

Do what?
get it up...I mean...play basketball.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:44 PM   #9
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

i dont think he should come back...ive always like the nickname.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:03 AM   #10
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

If I were in Drexler body I would come back. I love basketball so much than I wouldn't mind my glorious past and I'd love keep playing.

Of course, I would need to be apreciated by the team I play for. If not, then it's a silly thing and a waste of time.

Even Jordan and Magic returned (and also there was a rumour of Blackman years ago).

I would come back.

Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:20 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Clyde the Glide considering return?!

This has to be a joke.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:07 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Clyde the Glide considering return?!

please dont do this "the glide".....just stay on the path of respectability

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 03:59 AM   #13
poohrichardson

I dunno if anybody read the realgm article, but evidently it was all blown out of proportion based on some off-the-cuff remark he made about being able to last a full season if he played 10 minutes a half at SG.

I'm a little big bummed.. I'm a big fan of older players relying on craftiness and mental prowess giving the younger, more athletic players a run for their money. It's fun to watch.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:39 AM   #14
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

if only clyde and mj came back for the heat
and if karl signs with the heat

it would be wade, clyde, jordan, malone, shaq

what a fun team that would be to watch lol...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote