Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold
Default Dirk to do BS Report

This will help me get my Mavericks fix

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
Not doing another one until @swish41 comes on. I'm on an "I need a Dirk pod" strike. RT @PDX_Rach_88: Your lack of podcasts is killing me.
46 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
The BS Report lockout is over! It's too bad the NBA lockout can't be solved that easily. RT @swish41: This world needs ur podcasts. I'm in.
10 minutes ago
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

When?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

They just said they'd do it on Twitter less than an hour ago so I think they'll have to work out the details... but Dirk said he'd do it pretty fast in response to Simmons' tweet.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I think my head might explode.

This.is.awesome

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think my head might explode.

This.is.awesome
Yeah, Simmons and Dirk is gonna be a great listen.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Huge Simmons fan. Lets see what kind of pop culture references he can drum up with Dirk.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

whenwhere will this be? link?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds semi-serious to me. But maybe sth develops out of it. Would be great.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
Scott McGuire

I think it really does happen.

I bet it will be on ESPN/Grantland.com within a week.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Big fan of Simmons, so I am really happy about this.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Bill Simmons is very entertaining in general and I'm pretty sure he can get a great interview out of Dirk considering that he's had a very high opinion of Dirk for a long time and seems to follow his career pretty closely. Simmons, as the big Boston fan that he is, brought up the Bird comparison more often than one would expect. I'd also think that Simmons is the type of radio guy that Dirk likes to have an interview with.

Really looking forward to this one.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Bill Simmons is very entertaining in general and I'm pretty sure he can get a great interview out of Dirk considering that he's had a very high opinion of Dirk for a long time and seems to follow his career pretty closely. Simmons, as the big Boston fan that he is, brought up the Bird comparison more often than one would expect. I'd also think that Simmons is the type of radio guy that Dirk likes to have an interview with.

Really looking forward to this one.
Simmons had one with Nash last year after the WCF, and it was very good, going from basketball with all the historical implications that Simmons likes so much, to soccer, lifestyle etc.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Old 07-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #15
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

First i thought "Bullshit" report...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #16
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised to see so much Simmons love. I listen to his podcast and typically enjoy it, and certainly I think he's very knowledgeable, but he's just so biased and comes up with some crazy stuff that I can't even listen to him at times. He does book some pretty nice guests. I'm not bashing the guy, but Dirk and Simmons together doesn't make me need to change my pants, sorry.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #17
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I'm surprised to see so much Simmons love. I listen to his podcast and typically enjoy it, and certainly I think he's very knowledgeable, but he's just so biased and comes up with some crazy stuff that I can't even listen to him at times. He does book some pretty nice guests. I'm not bashing the guy, but Dirk and Simmons together doesn't make me need to change my pants, sorry.
Dirk by himself is enough to make you need to change your pants.

Last edited by mavspwnage; 07-01-2011 at 09:56 PM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #18
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Dirk by himself is enough to make you need to change your pants.
I actually thought that exactly as I wrote that sentence. I figured that it was implied, though.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote