Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough
Talking Scoop Jackson's diss of Dirk..what's new.

Richard (Dallas): I'm not condemning you, but would you really take a close look at T-Mac over Dirk? That seems a little silly considering how Dirk owns him.

SportsNation Scoop Jackson: (2:10 PM ET ) I agree. But I'm one of those people that tend to over look Dirk b/c his team is so strong and I am probably holding the way he played in the Finals against him. I'm probably wrong for that, but that's the way it is.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14773
Old 02-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Scoop Jackson is one of those people that would say something just despite you, just to start an argument. When really, he doesn't even know what he's talking about.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Yeah, but it's Scoop Jackson. What do you expect? He still doesn't know anything.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

if scoop jackson's hair was on fire I'd piss on his head. Not because I wouldn't want his head to burn up, but only because I'd never pass up a chance to piss on scoop jackson's head.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
CanTheMadScientist

CanTheMadScientist will become famous soon enough
Default Scoop

I put Scoop right up there with Steven A. Smith. They are both idiots. Never heard anything intelligent come out of either one of their mouths.

Sad thing is, guys like them talk way too much, do not watch enough basketball (or at least do not pay attention to anything other than Sportscenter highlights), get paid to "pop off" about players and even worse - people actually listen to them.

Note to Scoop - The MVP of the regular season is actually based upon play this season, not last.

Also, it is obvious Scoop drinks Dwhistle Kool-aid, from his comments about the finals.
CanTheMadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Scoop Jackson wouldn't actually take T-Mac over Dirk, so it doesn't really matter. No GM in the league would.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #7
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Scoop is racist if you didn't know. He absolutely dislikes white players. He's written about it before and somehow didn't catch flack for it. I have no respect for the son of a bitch.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Scoop Jackson, John Hollinger, and a lot of others like to find ways to dismiss the Mavs.
Find a new stat, try to find something from Lasssst year, BUT WHEN THIS YEAR IS OVER, ALL WILL REALIZE THAT DIRK AND CO. ARE GREAT!!

But my question is when Dallas wins it all, what will be their excuse?
(White boys are tooo tough, Oh I got it! Dirk can't haaang in the air long enough, so he as an advantage to just concertrate on his shot!)
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Let them ditch us. Winning with a complete and deep team is what everyone wants. They are just rooting for the underdogs and are jealous as all hell. I love it . The guys on NBATV are pretty much in love with us though (minus Kamla)....but they have special sections after many Mavs games saying how we can't be beat and will win it all. Plus, the Mavs usually have the game of the night on NBAtv. Don't let two guys rile you all up, everyone knows we're good so who cares?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
backyard_legend

backyard_legend is on a distinguished road

I get so tired of Dirk being ripped for his finals performance, and then ripped for having such a good supporting cast.

1) Dirk didn't have a great finals performance, but look at his performances in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs - absolutely ridiculous.

2) If he had such a great supporting cast, then why isn't some of the blame for what went on during the finals given to the rest of the team as well.

The argument Scoop uses is poorly constructed when you think of the two pieces of information together. Either Dirk carried the team through the first three rounds and ran out of steam, so his team also ran out of steam <or> The team was great for the first three rounds, but then completely fell apart against Miami.

You can't have it both ways.
backyard_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #11
bdsterne

bdsterne is on a distinguished road

Hollinger only bashes the Mavs because his ranking system falls prey to logic and he needs an excuse for its error.
bdsterne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #12
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Hollinger is alright in my book, he still likes us very much and was the only one one supporting us through last year. He is wrong about this year, but that's alright.
Scoop is racist, and is the reason why people hate things such as affirmative action. They are not using the opportunity to show everybody that then can do their job, they are using it to condemn white people wherever they are. It is plain stupid.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #13
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

He is holding Dirk's finals performance against him? And he is supporting McGrady, who has never been out of the first round?

What a complete joke. It is sad that ESPN employs him as an "analyst."

I actually like Hollinger's stuff, but I agree that he is trying to save some face for his system with the Spurs ranked above the Mavs. But then again, we shall see what happens.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:14 PM   #14
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

i'm a rockets fan and i personally think he's the most talented player in the league - when he feels like it - but even i would take dirk over tmac.
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #15
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

who?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #16
RizAmlani

RizAmlani is on a distinguished road

I use to like Scoop when he was only writing for Slam Magazine, but now that ESPN is writing him checks, he just goes along with what the media and the NBA wants to hear i.e. T-Mac, DWhistle, and the Suns. Its too bad too because he really had a passion for the game when he was writing the truth.

Interviewer: Was it a little ridiculous how Dwyane Wade got all the calls?

TMac: Yeah, yeah it really was. I'll tell you man, it seems if you were watching that game, seemed like it was rigged. Seriously. I know the NBA.... (cut off by interviewer)
RizAmlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #17
RizAmlani

I use to like Scoop when he was only writing for Slam Magazine, but now that ESPN is writing him checks, he just goes along with what the media and the NBA wants to hear i.e. T-Mac, DWhistle, and the Suns. Its too bad too because he really had a passion for the game when he was writing the truth.

TMac: Yeah, yeah it really was. I'll tell you man, it seems if you were watching that game, seemed like it was rigged. Seriously. I know the NBA.... (cut off by interviewer)
Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Scoop is useless. At least guys like Bill Simmons and Stephen A. are good for pure entertainment, even if they don't really know what they're talking about. But Scoop? Brings nothing to the table whatsoever.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #19
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

T-Mac has never got past the first round, Nash has never taken his team to the NBA finals, Yet Dirk is lousy , because he put 50 on Nash's suns , when to the NBA finals and lost to the refs!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #20
RizAmlani

Later in the chat......

Henry (NY): Yep it is wrong for you to hold that against Dirk. Especially with him dropping 30-10-8 on a regular basis. Tell me another player that's done something like that lately.

SportsNation Scoop Jackson: I agree.. i said I was wrong for doing that..

Old 02-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #21
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

three most hated people employed by ESPN: SAS, Scoop, Skip (Bayless)

I hate listening to them and I hate reading their articles. Sometimes I refuse to read their articles so they dont get the "hits" / popularity.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #22
CanTheMadScientist

CanTheMadScientist will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
three most hated people employed by ESPN: SAS, Scoop, Skip (Bayless)

I hate listening to them and I hate reading their articles. Sometimes I refuse to read their articles so they dont get the "hits" / popularity.
AMEN!!!!
CanTheMadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #23
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I think Scoop addresses the Dirk issue with some candor here:

Josh (NY): If Dirk Nowitzki were American and not white, would he get as much hype as LeBron? seems like even though he's the best player in the NBA, being a white guy from Germany kills any sense of media love he could ever get.

Scoop Jackson: I think there's some validity to your thoughts. But I don't think he would be as big as LeBron. Unless he had LBJ's high school career. But you have to remember, a lot of these ballplayers are getting pub because every one of these companies (NBA, Nike, EA, ESPN, etc.) are all looking for the next "Jordan" in everything: skill, marketability, image, personality, etc. Dirk doesn't fit that mode. But then neither does Iverson.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #24
mac2479

mac2479 is on a distinguished road

I would like to say something about all the media hype that surrounds this game. People see what you are doing and we are not stupid. One discrepency includes favoring one team over another because the location of that team is where all the money is. I am addressing one of the most retarded comments I every heard. Watching the Heat play against the Rockets the other night, one of the commentators tries to convince us of the integrity of the game. After DWade got injured, he says something to the effect of, "Everything you see within the sidelines and the players is 100% authentic." You know what that sounds like idiot? Beyond the sidelines, you guys are twisting the truth around and trying to hide something, no-dorky-doo-dah! Its okay though, you just make our team play that much harder beat all the others, and expose you phonies.
mac2479 is offline   Reply With Quote