Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice
Default Help Me Plan my Finals Trip..

I def want to fly in for a finals game this year.

I have a couple of quick questions:

1) How far is the airport from american airlines arena?
2) I went to AA a while back but forgot how the area around is. Is there a night life around there? Also what's a good spot to stay at?
3) How is the city overall to commute in? Do I need a car rental or will mass transit/taxi cut it?

Thanks
Old 05-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Just a few miles from Love Field - like 3 maybe? Another 10-12 miles to DFW International. I'd rent a car.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a Southwest terminal wherever you live, definitely fly with them into Love - piece of cake getting in/out of that airport. I arrived 35 minutes before my flight once and waited 10 minutes at the gate before boarding an on-time flight.

As far as the area around, considering you should definitely rent a car, I wouldn't worry about the surrounding area and instead be open to the entire city. Do some research (I have no idea what your into so I have no idea what to recommend) and I am sure you will find a lot of options.

As far as a good spot to stay, again, I don't know your budget. My idea of a good spot might be out of your price range (or you might turn your nose up to it). Just depends how far you want to stay from the arena and what you have to spend.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Darn double post...

Last edited by Male30Dan; 05-26-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
If you have a Southwest terminal wherever you live, definitely fly with them into Love - piece of cake getting in/out of that airport. I arrived 35 minutes before my flight once and waited 10 minutes at the gate before boarding an on-time flight.

As far as the area around, considering you should definitely rent a car, I wouldn't worry about the surrounding area and instead be open to the entire city. Do some research (I have no idea what your into so I have no idea what to recommend) and I am sure you will find a lot of options.

As far as a good spot to stay, again, I don't know your budget. My idea of a good spot might be out of your price range (or you might turn your nose up to it). Just depends how far you want to stay from the arena and what you have to spend.
I'm thinking of flying on the day of the game and leave the following day in the afternoon.

My budget is basically 2 grand for the two day trip. I'm figuring:
$400 flight
$300 hotel
$1100 on tickets for the game
$200 - food, drinks, etc.

I'm up for anything. I'm very easy going.